Roosti’s Dumpster: Behind The Henhouse

Not all is perfect lol. Plants are really starting to show their differences. Everyone was happy with yesterday’s feeding but I have skipped top dressing the dolomite lime the last two feeding to keep from going overboard. Which was the right thing to do...for all but two.

Looks like at this point my Strawberry Sorbet plants are the calcium hogs of the bunch. Found this little bump in the road just now. No biggie and I’ll remedy this when I feed again later today. This is a leaf almost at the top of the plant. I’ve seen this on her last week before I started top dressing with DL, and then disappeared. Looks like she gets an extra helping of dolomite lime today. :cheesygrinsmiley:
068C3830-D5D2-4DBB-B4E1-8D84FC6C16E5.jpeg

Part of it is the lighting I am learning that LED are demanding on calcium.
Agreed. It’s the same with my CMH bulbs. Both the 315w and 500w do this to my plants. Right now they are under the 500w CMH bulb. Sunday I’ll be adding the 315w cmh for the rest of veg so I should think about ordering more DL! :hmmmm:

Thanks PK. The first three weeks are kinda boring :rofl:

How’s the hydro going? I need to peek in and see what you’re up to.
hydro is coming along. Learned a few things and got a few things.
oh ya, there was a lot of fuck up involved, mostly on my end :laughtwo:

also, nice progress dude, i like how I go back and i can see what it is from what it was.
sry to hear about your deficiency though, i don't know much about CMH but let me know if you have any LED questions :cheesygrinsmiley:

hydro is coming along. Learned a few things and got a few things.
oh ya, there was a lot of fuck up involved, mostly on my end :laughtwo:

also, nice progress dude, i like how I go back and i can see what it is from what it was.
sry to hear about your deficiency though, i don't know much about CMH but let me know if you have any LED questions :cheesygrinsmiley:
I peaked in at your journal but what your doing is way beyond me and so are the troubles. You have a great people helping you along. What you’re doing is so beyond me the only thing I could contribute is useless cannon fodder which sure as shit won’t help you! :rofl:

Thanks dude. The grow formula I’m using is a 17-8-17 with my plants showing they are a little high on the N, and probably K. So I think the Calcium is simply less available because of the high amounts of N and K.. I backed Saturday’s feeding down to 500ppm and they are looking good. Sunday afternoon is transplant day. :slide:

no worries buddy

3gal pots will work fine. My big girls were in 7gal bags and did fine. When I pulled the root balls after harvest. There was plenty of room. Same with the 2gal bags for the clones. They had plenty of space for a few more months of growth. I think the old saying is....1 gallon per month of growth.

that's if you don't screw things up and go on a lock for weeks without noticing but a gallon a month sounds interesting.

3gal pots will work fine. My big girls were in 7gal bags and did fine. When I pulled the root balls after harvest. There was plenty of room. Same with the 2gal bags for the clones. They had plenty of space for a few more months of growth. I think the old saying is....1 gallon per month of growth.
Gallon per month sounds about right. I was gonna do 7 gallon but with only 8 days left to veg before they flower, I figured 7 was overkill.

A lot depends on how well the roots develop during veg. My last group was harvested in 10 gallon fabric pots with 6-7 weeks of veg before flower. The roots filled the whole bucket. But that’s why I got nice yields too.

Today is transplant day. Already have the 3 gallon air pots ready. Just need to amend the happy frog with some dolomite lime and ready to rock! :headbanger:

Hey dudes! Holy shit things move fast on 420! I’m still trying to catch up on the watched journals. Might take the whole weekend! :rofl:

I don’t have pics to post because I forgot to take them before lights out this morning but I’ll get some tonight when they come back on.

Saturday December 12th I flipped the plants to flower after just 27 days of veg. Honestly, they looked like shit so I said why not, lol. Then I said fuck it and changed the nutes because the soil ph and nutrient balance was out of whack. Plants look completely different now and are doing quite well.

Given the short veg I’m not expected big yields. Should still produce some nice quality buds.

It is amazing how fast threads move along. Take a few days away and your 100 pages behind..lol

30 days veg is okay. I think my late start last year in the gh ended up with about that much time vegging and they still got huge.

Back
Top Bottom