High Pressure Aeroponics

Came across this photo. Not sure how CFLs affect plants, but seems unhealthy for humans

electromagnetic_Radiation.jpg

Welcome Mr Smith.

Nachoman I found a chart that shows nutrient components and the pH that they are most/least available in. It literally allows you to drive the nutrient bus by manipulating the pH as needed to meet veg or flower requirements. I'm going to put a copy in my daily log lab note book. hth

What is the ph supposed to be during veg and flower?

Different nutrients are more easily taken by the plant at different pH levels. It's not suggested to think about a perfect number as much as it's important to have a little range to ensure the plant can take everything it needs.

During flowering the plant needs more "P" which is why most people buy different nutrients for the vegetation phase as they do for the flowering phase. Don't be too low during flowering or you have a "P" deficiency. Don't be too high during flowering or you have a calcium deficiency (in hydro anyway). Don't change too rapidly or you shock the plant. The pH will drift a little on it's own, and in the opinion of many people this is desirable, provided it's gradual.

Nutrient_Chart1.gif

You only need a basic understanding of NPK and pH to understand the importance of the chart to growing healthy happy plants

hydro/aero during veg or flower

It appears that lower pH (5.5- 5.8) but higher temps/RH is best for veg, whereas during flower, lower temps/RH and higher pH (6.0-6.2) so it can uptake more K and Mg. Growers who do not understand this often ask what is wrong with their plants. They buy expensive PK boosters which do little if they do not raise their rez pH above <5.8 during flower. And if they do, then they probably don't need boosters.

In D2W, pH stays stable unless you are using organic nutes (not recommended for hydro)

Conversely, recirculating set ups are unstable, especially when feeding high ppms.

Studying the chart you can see why pH is likely to be a constant battle when recirculating, especially when using PK boosters. Without constant pH adjustment, deficiencies, and lockout during ~ 3rd week of flower are common.

When using a balanced flower nutrient, PK boosters ($$$) are not needed when you D2W and keep your pH between 5.8-6.2, where PK are more absorbable. PLUS, you can now manipulate K, giving it a bit of gas for one week during early flower, but you won't need much if you make sure your pH is ~ 6.0-6.2.

hth

I emailed the company about the timer and what it was needed for. Here is what they said.

Hello,

The timer can work for your application. There are several ways to set up the timer.

For example, connect your pump with its power to terminals 7 and 8 of the timer. Set the function code to 06, relay working mode to 5. Set range to 90 seconds, set relay pull in duration to 2 seconds.

Then the timer will start counting down from 90 when it is on. Relay will pull-in when it counts to 0 for 2 seconds. The process will restart again automatically.

Thanks,
Suyi Liu
Auber Instruments
770-569-8420

Hey, summer time blues here, or so I thought. After that nasty heat wave I figured my area was in for a long hot summer. The weather has been quite nice since stressing my plants, but my Bad Boy T 5 had a short, as new and needed to go back to the factory- they replaced it. I also had to make the frame wider to accommodate the BB, so I broke the main system down.

Plus my so-called AFs took 5 months to finish Lonely Girl. I am germinating 5 seeds from her that I crossed with a bushy male of the same genetics. Hoping this gen the fast harvest time will appear. So far only 3 cracked. I will grow these in a small closet set up (under air) using all the high performance equipment; will use my UFO 90 for this.

Did you fire up a HPA/TAG system yet?

Not yet... Im currently in Afghanistan and I wont be home for a couple of months. So I'm still in the planning phase. Reading lots of threads on cab builds and found a video on youtube that has the double 5 Gal bucket HPA. So still learning as much as possible before I get home and start my journey. One Question do you know what the difference between the DM One Gold and the DM One in the black bottle are? Oh and are you going to start a new journal for the 3 you cracked?

These first few pics are from week 7, a week before cutting them.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/users/87323

I did 5 days light and 3 days dark before chopping and seemed to work out well. Maybe should have waited a little longer. I didn't have any amber heads but just mostly milky ones with a few clear. This time I have more nutrients and can use them on the correct schedule so hopefully next time turns out even better. This stuff is pretty strong though just wish i could improve the flavor a little. Maybe as it continues to dry it will improve. I think i rushed putting them into jars after three days but i just keep airing them out with lid off a few times a day. I just noticed one branch drop from 40g to 8g and thought i was maybe overdrying but after putting in the jars they became really wet and sticky again. Don't want mold either but heard the slower you dry the better. I thought about using paper bag and going back and forth with glass but don't want to damage or loose resin glands. As soon as these clones root I have a new 4 plant HP Aero system I made out of 35 gallon totes and i think i'm gonna use 3 mist heads instead of 2. I noticed the roots to ball up and grow towards sprayers and started to block its capability of fogging whole tote so i'm gonna use three total spread out this time. What is the most you have harvested on one plant in this system? For now I have two hempy buckets with coco that are doing great and so easy to maintain compared to the aero. Curious to see the results and decide if the aero is worth the work. I think it might be but all i know is especially for firs time this bud turned out amazing. The stealth grow light seems to be doing its job. Almost 10 oz off 3 plants of which 2 almost died in veg from heat but recovered. The guy I got clones from said he has never seen nugs that size on his and he created the strain I have and runs his under 1 1000w HPS. Forget what its a mix of but was two kinds of something with purple in the name of both. Next up is ATF and wubba wush.

Hurray. I found a better PVC Coupler at Lowes. This one has much shorter threads AND a locking ring. The shorter threads will help the mist to reach the starter cube. The locking ring will help keep the plant from listing/falling.

Part # 25018. Schedule 40 called a Slip Joint Nut and Washer 1 1/2". Comes in a baggie, so you might need to ask. $2.66 each set

CAUTION: PVC article:

DEHP - One of the Top 6 Chemical Threats to Humans

Back
Top Bottom