HigherDrifter's Water Cure

I second water cure is almost dry. I filled a five gallon bucket up and let it go 6 days this time. Like I said, I have.buds to play with. I entered the monster plant in the plant of the month contest. She will last forever! I can't guess how many ounces are on a 9x7 foot plant. Lol

The results this time look the same as the ones I left in for 3 days. A few tiny buds were dry and I'm trying them now. This plant has a strong taste and smell and I don't like it much. The water cured buds smell completely different, almost fruity. They are more brown than reg cured buds, but to me smell a lot better. The strong in your face taste is gone now too. The vapors are less harsh too. When I get a chance, I'll try this from dried buds to see what happenes. Overall, I like it and am now willing to vaporize this strain and not just hash it. There's. Oohing to lose to try it...

I'll get some pics up when they are dry. Unless you are growing to sell, thus making bad appeal important, I can't see any reason not to try this with a few buds. In fact, I'd like to do this on every strain I have, but after they are already dried. I think the results would be valuAble info!
:peace:

The main purpose is to save buds that would otherwise not be consumable. Due to mold, fungicide, bugs, etc...

the main thing is to get the environmental contaminants off of the bud, people also use it to try and remove other bullshit like bugs, PM, and mold.... Some people like the clean taste it provides... It is much faster then a real cure and even a fast cure... it is just a different taste and smell that some people like.. It may not be for you, but lots of others prefer it... Most people do it because it is the way THEY prefer to do it. I have old patients that would have it no other way, who am I to judge.. I just try to keep my peeps happy......
It should be done with freshly harvested herb.....

hey guys, sorry i didnt get to your responses sooner, just been busy/ thanks for answering my question so fast though!
Yeah i understand in theory why people would prefer this method however until i actually smoke some water cured or just do it myself i dont think I will every truly understand.. I saw a george servantes video once were instead of doing a complete water cure he just made a peroxide. water mixture and used it as a 15-30 sec bath for the buds before the air cure, he claimed that this would clean the buds of any potential powdery mildew, not sure what it would do for bud rot though.. thanks guys.

OMg!! I am hooked! My buds taste so much better and smell like fruit salad!!! Now that I can vaporize them, I find them potent and with mild taste. I didn't cough either! I'll get some of these tried by a smoker and try a few more and get back. If HD doesn't mind I can put up a few pics or start my own thread. I wonder what happened to him? I"m still hoping for more results from his cure.

When I was hit with bud rot and HIgh Drifter popped in and led me to this thread, I thought about using those buds in a water cure. I don't know.... I locate most of the bad buds by smell and that smell makes me hurl if too close to my nose. Using a bud with all that fungus.... Even the stuff visible only under the scope, is rather gross, to me. If I didn't have so much or would have lost an entire strain, I would have tried it anyway. Some day I will.

My reading said to spray the mold and surrounding buds with a milk spray, 8 to 1. I did. There's no way to tell if it did anything. A peroxide spray was another option, but I don't remember why I went with the milk. I am also wondering if either mix could preventmit... I'll go,out and see if either kills PM. My squash leaves are covered in it.

Could there be any harm in adding a bit of either to one day of the cure? I did it six and changed the water daily. My first cure was 3 days and I saw all sorts of stuff come off those buds. One day of a dip in peroxide mix logically could be useful to anyone, but I'd worry the bud would get moldy from being wet a short time. The process seems to make the buds dry overnight if cured at least 3 days. If you will pitch the moldy bud anyway, there is no harm in trying. PG, can you send a link for the video?

Well, if these water buds are a huge diff than the others, I might try another 5 gallon bucket water cure of already dried buds. Ya know, I'll try a jar first anyway, just to compare. My plant was so bid, those buds will last me a long time and lots of hash. There is enough to make hash from all three methods too. I'm not done trimming so have no yield weight, but you can see the giant monster plant in the plant of the month. :)) my photo sucks, but next year I'll grow even larger pot trees and less of them!

I three out around 10 ounces of moldy and dirty buds a few weeks before harbest, before HD showed me his cure. Thanks to this, I saved another 10 oz that were the bottom branches. TY for the great idea HD! I hope ya write back some day.

It's a shame this was abandoned, it was most informative while it lasted, can only guess something went very wrong.

a simple but more efficient method uses 2 inch od PVC 2 ft long. You will also need 2 2 inch reducers necked down to the size that fits a garden hose. begin packing your new filter housing with about 1 inch of filter media or a thick sponge works better on the intake and outlet ends but they both will work.then pack your carbon and filter material as dens as you can layering approximately 2 inches thick....filter,carbon,filter,carbon,filter.. repeat 11 times with your filter material at both cap ends. hook it up to the garden hose and PRESTO clean water for your babys!!!!!!!!

PS you may want to use threaded PVC fittings instead of glue on as to make possible to change the carbon and filter material.

Back
Top Bottom