Home Built Stealth Closet because buying on the street is just to damn risky

Looking Great, Keep it going!!:thumb::goodjob:

Wow looking awesome! Everything is coming together! Cant wait to see you completly setup! Dont forget to make a grow journal so we can follow along also! I have that same fan (6inch size) and love it! Great price to! What size LED is that?

The light is 300W or 100x3 and physical size is 19 x 3 x 9 inches

Question about the filter, the plastic that is under the foam wrap on the filter comes off correct?

Tonight's work.
Installed dryer vent to back of cabinet to act as an exhaust port. Installed The exhaust fan. And finally installed a 1/2" foam floor.
DSCN19976.JPG
DSCN19959.JPG
DSCN19966.JPG
DSCN19984.JPG

sweet mats and rubber mounted fan. Should keep the noise level to bare minimum. Great!

After 3 days of travel for work was able to get back to my cabinet today. Got a bit accomplished today though.

1st Finished the exhaust fan and filter
DSCN20016.JPG

2nd Got my LED light hung
DSCN20024.JPG

and finally installed the intake fan at the bottom of the cabinet
DSCN20049.JPG
DSCN20056.JPG

Pictures of the LED light in action

VEG Mode
DSCN20065.JPG

Flower Mode
DSCN20077.JPG

Looks good! A few things to mention to you. A cabinet doesnt really need a intake fan... Only a intake hole. Your fan and carbon filter will pull the air through and make a negative pressure! The fan you have will actually pull more air than that CPU fan. It will burn that little CPU fan up lol. You want negative pressure so that all the air will go through your carbon filer and be filtered!

Also dont forget to pull the plastic off your carbon filter!!!

Looks good! A few things to mention to you. A cabinet doesnt really need a intake fan... Only a intake hole. Your fan and carbon filter will pull the air through and make a negative pressure! The fan you have will actually pull more air than that CPU fan. It will burn that little CPU fan up lol. You want negative pressure so that all the air will go through your carbon filer and be filtered!

Also dont forget to pull the plastic off your carbon filter!!!

Thx HunterNitro I will just leave the intake fan off. And already pulled the plastic wrap.

Actually the active intake helps out, Constant hair flow have to be maintain inside a cabinet. You can run the intake when the exhaust system is off. Also help extended the life of the exhaust fan by not having to pull negative pressure and exhaust the heat. One thing I might suggest is to filter the intake air.

Actually the active intake helps out, Constant hair flow have to be maintain inside a cabinet. You can run the intake when the exhaust system is off. Also help extended the life of the exhaust fan by not having to pull negative pressure and exhaust the heat. One thing I might suggest is to filter the intake air.

i agree ,if i did not have my intake running with my exhaust my cab would get very warm!!
my cab is very similar in size to yours and i run twin 130 watt HO cfl lamps
tried passive intake on mine first and temps and air flow was compromised :)

I will disagree with you all day on this one! May be true but it does not work for me! Try them both out for you cabinet and see how you like them and go with that! I prefer no intake fan on my setups... :thumb:

thank's for the advice, the fan came with a fine dust filter I have my exhaust fan on a temp controlled outlet so it will turn on when ever the temp gets over what I set it at which I am thinking will be about 75. I wasn't sure if passive intake or active intake would be better so I chose a fan with an on/off so I have both options. Only steps left now are power and the growing res. Hoping to have first two plants growing buy the 16Th.

just a thought but your exhaust not only controls temp but also exhausts the carbon dioxide depleted air inside the cab that the plants are using, without constant air circulation the air that is directly around each leaf will not move and the plant can not respirate properly
ie:the carbon dioxide around the leaf is used and not replenished unless the air in the cab is moving constantly....or introduce CO artificially :)

what im getting at is leaving your exhaust running and not switching it on and off

looking forward to seeing more. excellent work on the cab and props for not buying a overpriced commercial one. from the looks that was built better and more practical then most models. curious what was the budget on all that though?

@ Indica thank's for the advice will sure keep that in mind, the CO2 in the room sits at around 2100 unless I open a window and I have seen it get as high as 3400 when I was working in there with door and window closed.

@ LVGreen Full cost with shipping and a purchase of over 30 seeds came to 1600$

Back
Top Bottom