Home made veg box

Herbzz

Hi all, quick queston.

I had a 4 tier metal shelf, so I re-arranged the pieces and created a cube. I wrapped it in black and white mylar from the grow shop and stuck a 125w light in there for my cuttings and seedlings. I've been using it for four months and for some reason only just noticed theres water droplets all over the celing of my box. All thats in there is a small fan, no intake or outtake. The last bunch of cuttings which came out of there have grown perfectly fine, but my question is; can this cause me a problem in the future? and should i be buying some sort of intake/outtake system for this box?. I can post pics if needed, thanks.

Excess humidity to clones or seedling is death to these babes and very fast too, its called damping off, and it they pass that the next is PM, powdery mildew, survive that if possible next is bud rot,
easier for you to have the standard temp gauge and humidity gauge and 60%RH is good, time to expand your diy project, and include a small fan along with say 4-6 inch extract, or a used bathroom extract?
later once the stink shows fit a diy carbon filter too

good luck

ps until you have the changes avoid any excessive water use in the tent!

The tent should not be air-tight. The plants need fresh air throughout their lives. If you are just vegging, or cloning, light leaks are not going to hurt the growth any.

Leave some loose corners or seams to allow the water vapor to escape and fresh air to come in.

I use a cheap thermometer with the humidity dial in the bottom to keep tabs on the conditions in my closets. And I just have a 6" desk fan blowing on the leaves to prevent mold. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive. No mold, either!

Back
Top Bottom