Hot compost for Co2?

PsillyRabbit

So i think this is practical but I cant find anything online. I put together a few differnt compost mixes in plastic bags and left them in my grow tent. Containing a 1:1 mix of brown and green. The C02 sky rocketed. The bags are pumping out like 4,000 ppms of c02. Now there are a few reasons why you dont want a “hot Compost” but i think there is a balance here and we could potentially use this as a tool.
Microbial Activity: Excessive heat can kill or harm beneficial bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms essential for the composting process. This can slow down decomposition.
:Thats fine if the primary use for the compost is c02. After we get what we can from a batch we fix the mixture and add a healthy colony.
Loss of Nutrients: High temperatures can lead to the loss of nutrients through evaporation. Vital elements such as nitrogen may escape as ammonia gas, resulting in nutrient loss from the compost.
: plant leaves absorb significant quantities of ammonia from the air, even at naturally occurring low atmospheric concentrations**. source
Methane is another factor i have considered but after a lil it of research i am now experimenting with Zeolite
: Clinoptilolite filter media, otherwise known as zeolite, is an effective means of removing ammonia . It also provides a large surface area for nitrifying bacteria in recirculating systems.
I cant find the link now but i read that it actually releases the ammonia as Co2 after its oxidized.

With all that said the tent is not sealed and with the dozens of plants pumping out oxygen my ppms are like 500 n the tent on average.

Back
Top Bottom