House and Garden Nutes

I seem to be one of the few of the people here using H&G nutes. Anyone else out there? I think Butcher is using them, has been pimping them for a lil while. I am coming to love them as I use them...only 3 weeks so far.
:peace:

Hi Pitviper,
I have gone through a few brands of ferts but have not tried H-G.
They are pricey? Have not seen much of a difference in nutes.
Grow is Fox Farm Grow Big, and in bloom Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom.
I grow in coco and only for myself, so I'm fine with this routine.
I know you are in the buckets. One of these years i'll try buckets too.
Then i'll probably try the modified Lucas formula.:peace:

FWI... H&G doesnt work with my water and Im not going to add an RO for various reasons.. Ive seem fantastic grows with H&G and it is a quality product.

well Ive been using Aquaflakes as a substitute in soil and the results are perfect...so far.
Im only doing the A&B base mix for now.

Hey Pit, what other brand ferts have you used in the past? Do you use any benificial microbes in your reservoir and if so do they make your PH creep up? That was my biggest complaint in the past. I would tend to see PH swings right after a reservoir change. I dont get them anymore because I started using different nutes but they are really expensive. House and Garden ferts are cheaper I might need to give them a shot when I start running out of the PH Perfect stuff I am currently using.

Hey Pit, what other brand ferts have you used in the past? Do you use any benificial microbes in your reservoir and if so do they make your PH creep up? That was my biggest complaint in the past. I would tend to see PH swings right after a reservoir change. I dont get them anymore because I started using different nutes but they are really expensive. House and Garden ferts are cheaper I might need to give them a shot when I start running out of the PH Perfect stuff I am currently using.

well I dont run hydro anymore but Im using the same nutes in soil now.
Ive been using the Flora series with great results. I did a test on few plants using H&G Aquaflakes in soil...even though they have a dedicated soil nute line.
Im using the H&G A+B base nutes and the Floralicios supplement.
I use Lightwarriorsoil ammendment...it has the beneficial bacteria. I have also added Great White Shart bacteria once a week in my water mix

well I dont run hydro anymore but Im using the same nutes in soil now.
Ive been using the Flora series with great results. I did a test on few plants using H&G Aquaflakes in soil...even though they have a dedicated soil nute line.
Im using the H&G A+B base nutes and the Floralicios supplement.
I use Lightwarriorsoil ammendment...it has the beneficial bacteria. I have also added Great White Shart bacteria once a week in my water mix

Did you notice the bacteria raise your ph very much? Who makes the Great White Shart stuff? I couldnt find it anywhere.

Do you use root excelurator by chance?
yes and Its prob the best product on the market...
I use it for cloning not for soil..but Iver used it in any other apps. GOOD STUFF!!

I just bought 1 part soil H&G and the drip stuff I hope it works out well... im growing in happy frog/perlite... should I get the other stuff? which should I get first/important?

thx in advance...

yes and Its prob the best product on the market...
I use it for cloning not for soil..but Iver used it in any other apps. GOOD STUFF!!

I'm doing my first grow with the H&G nutes and am having some good success so far.

Quick question PV; How are you using the RE for cloning? Are you just adding it to the water in the perscribed amount? Are you diluting it?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm a bit new at this. Thanks!

buzz,
i don't use re in my clone bucket. i have great success with clonex and hygrozyme.

i only use RE during veg and flower thru week 4.

I finished my first run following the H&G aggressive exactly as described. For the most part we had really good results, yields as good as with AN.
I am unsure of the shooting powder. H&G says it forces the plant to reflower which sounded good but, I ended with a lot of spirals coming out of my buds with was probably new flowers within the old flowers. I'm not sure I like that and wonder about their maturity. I might substitute OverDrive from AN in the next run.

Any thoughts on this?

Back
Top Bottom