How are these strains for beginners?

420prancy

So i am going to grow in s tent 120x120x200

Snd thinking aibout doing 2-4 plants

Flowerbomb Kush by -------------

Blue Cheese by Barneys farm

And Grandaddy purp by Grandaddypurp.com

How are these strains for beginners? Also will carbon filter in s tent with negative pressure going to be enough to hide the smell outside the tent?

So i am going to grow in s tent 120x120x200

Snd thinking aibout doing 2-4 plants

Flowerbomb Kush by -------------

Blue Cheese by Barneys farm

And Grandaddy purp by Grandaddypurp.com

How are these strains for beginners? Also will carbon filter in s tent with negative pressure going to be enough to hide the smell outside the tent?

The FK is award winning but there is the obvious reasons we shall leave unsaid as to why you might feel this is not an appropriate choice (I imagine the same reason you left their firm's name out of your post?). I must say that although I empathize with this view I have had occasion to run their gear recently by virtue of the beans 'falling off the back of a truck' and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Their Strain Hunters Money Maker(basically remix of Master Kush) ran at 0.9GPW and The Doctor(basically remix of Great White Shark) ran at about 1.0GPW. The FK is one of the only genetics they carry that I MIGHT hand over actual money for. Again, it's more the social ethics that would prevent me in any case, not the genetics.

The Blue Cheese; well if you're after true cheese there really is just no other for authenticity but the UK version (the Exodus cut that others sell, ALLEGEDLY), where the strain originated. Have a look at UGORG (underground originals). I have seen some EXCELLENT examples first-hand from UGORG with Cheese and Blues, also the Psychosis is obviously top-shelf, although I don't know if UGORG themsleves would recommend any of them as beginner strains, certainly worth a chat with them though.

The Grandaddy can be a finicky producer from what I've seen, although I've unfortunately never had the pleasure of running her in my room. Mr Tight (renowned Youtube grower and all-round consumate professional hobbyist) loves this strain but says that in his rooms it is expected to only produce 60-80g's, while most of his alternate strains produce twice that amount nearly, 120g's. Beautiful quality though.

How much light you be putting in that tent? How long you want to veg for? To really fill that tent with four plants; I would think you're gonna be looking at AT LEAST 6 weeks veg time... I grow in a custom box about twice that size (140 x 225 or so) and with two weeks veg I can get thirty girls squeezed in that yield approx 1.1 - 1.2 kg AT LEAST (ABSOLUTE minimum for ANY strain is 0.8 grams per watt; max. I've had so far is about 1.4 GPW), and end up about a meter tall, depending on strain. This is under 2 x 600w. Any help I can offer you mate, don't be afraid to ask; I was seeing you were struggling to get some advice going eh...

Nice one:volcano-smiley::Namaste:

The FK is award winning but there is the obvious reasons we shall leave unsaid as to why you might feel this is not an appropriate choice (I imagine the same reason you left their firm's name out of your post?). I must say that although I empathize with this view I have had occasion to run their gear recently by virtue of the beans 'falling off the back of a truck' and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Their Strain Hunters Money Maker(basically remix of Master Kush) ran at 0.9GPW and The Doctor(basically remix of Great White Shark) ran at about 1.0GPW. The FK is one of the only genetics they carry that I MIGHT hand over actual money for. Again, it's more the social ethics that would prevent me in any case, not the genetics.

The Blue Cheese; well if you're after true cheese there really is just no other for authenticity but the UK version (the Exodus cut that others sell, ALLEGEDLY), where the strain originated. Have a look at UGORG (underground originals). I have seen some EXCELLENT examples first-hand from UGORG with Cheese and Blues, also the Psychosis is obviously top-shelf, although I don't know if UGORG themsleves would recommend any of them as beginner strains, certainly worth a chat with them though.

The Grandaddy can be a finicky producer from what I've seen, although I've unfortunately never had the pleasure of running her in my room. Mr Tight (renowned Youtube grower and all-round consumate professional hobbyist) loves this strain but says that in his rooms it is expected to only produce 60-80g's, while most of his alternate strains produce twice that amount nearly, 120g's. Beautiful quality though.

How much light you be putting in that tent? How long you want to veg for? To really fill that tent with four plants; I would think you're gonna be looking at AT LEAST 6 weeks veg time... I grow in a custom box about twice that size (140 x 225 or so) and with two weeks veg I can get thirty girls squeezed in that yield approx 1.1 - 1.2 kg AT LEAST (ABSOLUTE minimum for ANY strain is 0.8 grams per watt; max. I've had so far is about 1.4 GPW), and end up about a meter tall, depending on strain. This is under 2 x 600w. Any help I can offer you mate, don't be afraid to ask; I was seeing you were struggling to get some advice going eh...

Nice one:volcano-smiley::Namaste:

I am thinking about running 1x 600w hps for flower. And 600w Mh for vegging. Using a digital ballast. Should i get dual spectrum lighting or just regulars?

How long should i be vegging? 5 weekd vegging. 5 weekd flower?

I am thinking about running 1x 600w hps for flower. And 600w Mh for vegging. Using a digital ballast. Should i get dual spectrum lighting or just regulars?

I would go with separate regular bulbs brother - but they aren't necessary whatsoever; the blue MH will help to keep stem elongation and stretching to a minimum, and makes for compact and bushy plants. Although I don't use one. I veg my girls in tiny little deep rose pots, (10 x 10cm, 1.4 liter I think). That goes for two weeks from sprout under an 200w 4 bulb T5 fixture(120cm x 40cm), which has them absolutely chock a block ramming out of their space and up to four or five nodes in two weeks (this time can be written off from the flower room for quicker turn-around and more bud over time) then they head to the flower room where, if the strain requires more size as it won't fill my space when stretched after the 12/12 flip, I'll give it the HPS on 18/6 for a further week or ten days max. As soon as they are moved to the flower room, whether to get more 18/6 or just go straight to 12/12, they are potted into their final homes, 15 liter square and stocky pots (they make the best use of my space)... Then the flower countdown begins at flip.

Which leads me to your question... I imagine when you say 5 veg and 5 bloom you are in fact looking at a '10 week' strain. If this is the case, that number that you are seeing on seedbank websites is the flower time only. The veg will just decide the full size and profile of the plants, which depending on genetics will generally increase in size after flip anywhere between 50 and 400% of whatever size it was at the flip. ie a 20cm plant will stretch to a total of 30cm to up to nearly a meter depending on it's genetics. I have never seen anything that can finish on 5 weeks flower, the fastest strains going are six weeks plus, the longer hazes up to even 16 weeks but most closer to 12 (obviously again this is flower time ONLY and veg must be added on)...

If you're a little light on the basics but just want to get started there is a wealth of information here and all around the net, just make sure you try and collaborate anything someone tells you, as obviously anything someone tells you in a forum is usually they're OPINION, hopefully backed by a wealth of experience, which unfortunately all too frequently, is simply not the case, with people simply regurgitating the same bullshit misinformed nonsense that didn't work in 1978 much less today, but because someone 'famous' said it in a book written in 1981 it must be correct eh? Again really, in my mind the only stupid questions are the ones we never ask as we were too sheepish, and thought we'd sound stupid. Don't be sheepish...

Good luck mate...

Let us know how you get on...

Cheers
LD :Namaste:

Also have a look at Growing With Mr Tight on Youtube. He's running a doubled up version of your tent with two 600's with eight plants so his methods may be akin to exactly what you're trying to replicate. Worth a quick look I reckon...

Cheers

Also have a look at Growing With Mr Tight on Youtube. He's running a doubled up version of your tent with two 600's with eight plants so his methods may be akin to exactly what you're trying to replicate. Worth a quick look I reckon...

Cheers

Ah i see, so if Says flower time 60-65 days, is that only in flower? Thought that mean total time
Of plant grow. How long should i veg the plant if its 60-65 days flower. Its a 2metrr tall tent. Want good yield and potency

Ah i see, so if Says flower time 60-65 days, is that only in flower? Thought that mean total time
Of plant grow. How long should i veg the plant if its 60-65 days flower. Its a 2metrr tall tent. Want good yield and potency

You won't be able to fill that vertical space; indoors, lights only penetrate a shallow depth into the canopy, and this is also strain dependent ie. some strains have big gnarly thick-fingered Indica / Afghanica leaves and thick stocky colas that allow virtually no light penetration beyond a foot or so, some have very thin sativa leaves and sparse bud structure that allow very deep penetration of light.

What strain are you planning on growing? Generally speaking for indoors, you want to look at controlling height and creating a shape that best uses the light footprint and every inch of the horizontal plane (think of your canopy as a flat floor or whatever and you're trying to get max light onto that flat bit only within the tent); this combined with some topping or other height control / low stress training methods to create more bud sites and you'll fill that tent in no time with sufficient veg time. If you don't bother with all this you'll have tall, spindly, single-cola, although not necessarily unproductive plants (I grew like this for a long time with very good yields and was quite satisfied till I started experimenting and REALISED what could actually be acheived), but certainly you'll not be taking the strain to the limit of it's potential or anything exciting like that. Having said that, as you're just starting out, try to keep it as simple as possible by choosing short and stout structured genetics to minimise the research and time you have to spend making what will seem to you like life-and-death decisions as to what to cut, what not to cut, bend, tie, etc ad. inf. Try not to over-complicate what is not really all that complicated to begin with. Certainly not in veg anyhow usually.

As far as how long for veg, I'd need to know what it is you're growing, but it'll be determined by the maturity and size of the plant and not the age in numbers of days. Just start ASAP and once you're going (as you'll have a wait of AT LEAST a month from the day you put your seeds in the ground generally) you can improve your knowledge on the way. When I say a month from seed this will only yield smaller plants, and smaller yields; BUT there are always exceptions to every rule and sometimes you just have some girls that get mighty big, mighty quick and the usual six weeks could become a month. Did you check out Mr Tight? I'm telling you it sounds like this is exactly what you're trying to do with four plants under a 600; have a look. Seeing it and shit might be more effective than having me explain it to you in the end. Also yield and potency are genetic traits as well as tied in to grower ability. Some strains just produce more weight, more resin, better hash, better BHO, whatever. It's all strain dependent. She's a very mysterious girl...

Nice One

Back
Top Bottom