Need advice from experienced growers

420prancy

So i want to grow in a tent, in this house. My mom is getting a new house, so i can rent the upper floors. In the basement there are some people renting.

The room i want to place the tent, the floor is concrete, snd there is a storsge shef beneath the concrete. In the room there is a air pump hester, which pulle air into the rolm, and out. Theres 20-30 meters to each neighbours houses. I want to place a bookshelg infront of the door into the room.

And place a tent in the room it self. On the backside of the house is a huge open space with farm fields.

So im just worried about smell. Since no one will know about the grow.

Will it stink through the bookshelf? If i use a good carbon filter, and exhaust the air into the room, or straight outside?

Worried it will stink into the other parts of the house, or around the neighbourhood.

Going to grow 2-4 plants at once

If your tent is well sealed, and you have a decent fan and carbon filter, i would not worry about smell.
Carbon filters do a pretty good job of getting rid of smell, as long as everything is done properly and sealed, you'll be fine.
Although, when you open the tent, some of the smell might escape temporarily. I would definitely vent outside. If for some reason, the smell escapes the filter, it would be diluted in the fresh air outside, and if people were to smell it for some reason, they might just think its some other plants outside.

If you buy a over sized Carbon filter and fan you can use a fan speed control to adjust the noise level and airflow. You may be suggested to use a 4" fan and carbon filter , ignore that and get at least a 6" up to a 8" fan , filter and duct work. Doing this with a speed controller will give you max flow at max quietness.
Although the larger 6" duct and Carbon filter with a 4" fan would work well.

If you vent outside the air will be drawn from the house so the smell should only go one way , out past the Carbon air filter and not out threw the doorway / bookshelf.

If you use a secondary Carbon scrubber to clear outside the tents space you can eliminate the smells that may leak when your working in there.

You could also Carbon scrub the hot tent air and exhaust it into the room as it has a air exchange in it.
Since your doing a smallish grow I think it would fine with the rooms ventilation.

Either way having a secondary carbon filter for the rooms free air would eliminate and built up smells venting into the room will or could cause.

For the houses health I will advise you to Vent outside and draw air from a small fan powered intake vent AND the rooms doorway to put the whole room into negative pressure. The intake fan needs to be smaller then the exhaust fan to maintain the whole rooms negative pressure.

Your lucky that the room has climate control as that will remove moisture if you choose not to vent outside.

I am not venting outside with my small grow , but I am using a Carbon scrubber and a dehumidifier to remove the stink and moisture.
So far in the grow stage I have not needed to use the dehumidifier but the plants are young , when they get bigger and go into flower I will be running the dehumidifier to keep the humidity down , otherwise Mold will grow.

Above post nailed it. Great info for them led.

Thanks led! Awesome stuff.

I have never been in a live grrw room before!

Do you think the people below will notice? We dont have shared ventilation. But were i want my intake/exhaust are above ground level of were theire out space is: above them, and above my balgony. Maybe 6-10 meters above.

If i have my fans inside the tent. Is this possible? To prevent fan noises?

Back
Top Bottom