How do i grow seeds from a male?

dirtyjerz

Can any one please explain. Im gona start off by growing two plants, and if i get a male, I want to keep it so i can have seeds. I bought w.w online for $75.00 for 12 seeds, so I was thinkin Ill just grow my own seeds so i dont have to order them again. Im eventually gona do what all you guys do and kill the males right away, but first i wouldnt mind some seeds. whatcha guys think?

You just might want to do one female plant at a time, cant have all the herb be seedy.

yea i think im just gona start with 4 seeds, and when i find out wat gender they are then im gona figure out what im gona do. for instance if i got 3 females and 1 male ill get rid of the male. im sure some will die too considering its my first grow

oh i thought they were good for up to 5 years?? plus clonin seems very confusing and alot of stuff to buy. maybe because i havnt really found a write up for it.

Cloning would be the way to go. 1 generation of just polinated plant would be very unstable. You will get plants very different to one another. Cloning is very simple. Cut a 3 node branch at a 45 degree angle, dip in water, dip in cloning hormone, put in little jiffy puck, keep moist and warm, then you will see roots.

where can i get a decent hormone

it is easy to get rooting hormones try your local hydroponics shop. If there is not one close try your local growery such as Walmart's greenthumb district. This is a reply to a very old post, but for future reference Hope this helps, Happy growing.:peace:

I am all for making seed!! do it ... and clone, why not? Here is a cheap way to clone and you could use bits of foam instead of the rapid rooters. It is just tap water!!

DSC_8207_clones.jpg

DSC_8208_clone.jpg

High Buckshot, how's it going bro? I was wondering, do you use a nursery for your clones? If so, what is your schedule for venting your dome?
Also, is it safe to LST in flowering?:peace:

High Buckshot, how's it going bro? I was wondering, do you use a nursery for your clones? If so, what is your schedule for venting your dome?:peace:

I used to cover and mist, this is just sticking them in water. No dome no misting just add water as needed. I have not tried this before so I may kill them all but so far they all look good.

yeah, that is a pretty good idea. They tend to stay alive in 6 or 7 ph water before cloning. I hope it will work perfect.
I was cloning a batch that died because of root rot. I may have left the dome off too long and the stem was skinny, so exposed to air.
I have some bigger clippings from one node higher and it fits snug. I am using clonex jel, it seems to work well. My clones that died did have roots on them after one week.
I have read after the third day to start venting but I don't know how often.
Would you ever do low stress training with your plant in flowering cycle?

Back
Top Bottom