How do i make my bud turn purple

i imagine if you lower the temp into the 50's , they will probably will turn purple , alot of our outside weed here in michigan turns purple if it goes in to late fall when the temp. falls into the 50's and lower at night before it finishes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1

I thought it was stricly heredetary.

No. There are strains where that trait is is put into them but it can be done with temp control too. It doesn't always work and it risks affecting the quality of MJ. MJ being purple adds nothing too the qhality of the product, it just makes it look nice or different.

this weed is not supposed to be purple if you bring the temps down to 40 at night only it will turn your weed purple but it affects quallity heres some pics
7week3day_017_1142x857.jpg

weed_066_1142x857.jpg

weed_062_1142x857.jpg

if its purple , you can give it some crazy purple name and sell it for more money, isnt that about the only reason why you would want to turn your buds purple ?????????? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1 :peace:

if its purple , you can give it some crazy purple name and sell it for more money, isnt that about the only reason why you would want to turn your buds purple ?????????? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1 :peace:

I remember the first time some guy handed me some and told me it was called "wheel chair pot" After smoking a joint of the crap I had to ask if it was called that because he shouldn't be giving it to anyone not in a wheelchair, otherwise they'll hunt him down!

I remember the first time some guy handed me some and told me it was called "wheel chair pot" After smoking a joint of the crap I had to ask if it was called that because he shouldn't be giving it to anyone not in a wheelchair, otherwise they'll hunt him down!
lol there is a strain called WheelChair.. I've smoked it before and it was some really good weed. Sorry about your bad experience with it.. We've all had our share of those lol

This past November I had 6 nearly ripe WW plants in a greenhouse. The temps dropped from 80 to 50 in a matter of hours and the next day 2 of the plants had turned purple.
In another case I have a bucket of trim in a chest freezer for making into hash. I've had a few small buds in that frozen bucket turn purple too.
I dont think either case is a good thing for the herb. The trics seem to want to get off the bud asap by becoming loose and brittle.

There is no truth at all to that!! Temp to 40 for a few days absolutyl will not turn you bud purple!! They do sell the Purple max...but still only 10 % are seing results using that. If you want purple bud you Have to get a purple strain! Once again...temp to 40 for a few nights will NOT turn your bud purple!!

I did myself once as an experiment. Out of 15 plants 3 of them turned purple. So it does work but its like Purple MAxx, it doesn't work on all of them.

Typically the genetics of a plant determines whether or not it is able to change color to purple. However:

A plant can turn purple by temp changes but only because of the change in pigments present, such as the color change in leaves of trees in the fall months.

It is unreliable to use cold as a means of turning plants purple as it adds no benefits other than a pretty color. Genetics is a much better way of ensuring that you get purple bud, there are many many strains to choose from that naturally grow purple.

Technically, Greenthumb is right, it does come down to genetics. You can however induce the color change on SOME plants. It depends on the plants genetics. Some are naturally purple, some can be induced by temp, and still others will rarely if ever turn purple. Depends on the plant and its.... GENETICS.

Be chill...
Stay sane, smoke some jane. ;)

Back
Top Bottom