How Long Should My Clones Take To Root?

i took 16 clones and it has taken 2 weeks to show root....but now i have found out that my ph was incorrect and all other type shit wrong..after reading most stories i kinda see my error...i did however get 6 to take..shitty but the lesson learned..

Could this possibly be a problem with too much rooting gel or powder? It is an acid and it does break down the plant material a bit to enable the rooting to begin.

So, I'm guessing...That could be your problem. Unless the "mush" actually looks as if it is for sure rotted.
Try "Great White" trichoderma and mycorrhizae.

Also, I never let my cubes sit in water in the tray. Just soak 'em once and ph down. They should be fine for many days and then use a dropper and feed 'em kelp juice. That's plenty of H2O if you're using rock wool and a dome.

The jury is still out on how long to use a dome. I'm experimenting. You can mist with H2O2 as long as you don't let it soak into the cubes much. That'll kill em fast. But the H2O2 will prevent funk. Did you try prepping (leaf polish) the mom with neem oil before you take cuttings? Just a thought.

Good Luck!:Namaste:

1st set in rock wool did not use heat at all.
2nd set in Oasis, and it WAS sitting directly on the bottom.
3rd set in Coco, had pots lifted off the bottom for air space.

Again, it was an issue of changing things slightly with each try so that I could find out the problem, but same results all 3 times except the last, when the plants never wilted at all and looked totally healthy even at the point when the stem was almost completely disolved into mush. The clones LOOK happy and healthy.

I took thirty clones and within eight days, twenty three had roots. The other seven were "showing" the next day. By day ten all were in medium, in eight inch containers and very happy, big smiles! lol. This is my usual return time and I do it three times a month. I keep the humidity and the ambient temperature at 72*. Every day I "air" them for a bit by sliding the dome back about a 1/2 inch. I use root "plugs" and clonex gel for the cuttings and clonex solution for the plugs once placed in the tray. I fill the tray to about an inch with solution and that's it until roots show. That is enough to maintain them until then. Of course if it takes you longer to get roots then you may want to check the moisture level of your tray to avoid drying out. I use a soiless mix in my containers and do not give them any nutes for the first month, the mix contains enough nutes to sustain cuttings for that time period. They receive 18hrs of lighting under 600watts of HPS and 400watts of MH lamps and six hours of "quiet" time. There is however a low level illumination from the cloning area which is constant so it is never completely dark, only during the flowering cycle when it is absolutely important...:smokin:

I'm curious about what you said regarding drying out. I thought keeping them dry would help roots grow? I thought it was the dryness that caused the roots to reach down to the bottom of the tray? I'm sorry but this is what someone told me.

1st set in rock wool did not use heat at all.
2nd set in Oasis, and it WAS sitting directly on the bottom.
3rd set in Coco, had pots lifted off the bottom for air space.

Again, it was an issue of changing things slightly with each try so that I could find out the problem, but same results all 3 times except the last, when the plants never wilted at all and looked totally healthy even at the point when the stem was almost completely disolved into mush. The clones LOOK happy and healthy.

Hi my frist time cloning a got a small tote and 6 1 inch net pots and a small air pump and a air stone cut the bottoms off the net pots cut a holes in the top of the tote and cut my clones at 45 dipped in cloning gel and cloning solution to the water 8 days 3 of the 6 are showing roots and 2 off the have wired bumps on the bottom

So for the he'll of it I took 5 cuttings from a Big Buddha - Cheese x Cheese. She's half way through flower. I cut 4 inch cuttings. Didn't use gels or hormones and instead of leaving it as a diagonal cut I sheared off 2" of the stems outer skin...(for lack of better word..) with a Stanley blade.

Chances of survival? Chances of successfully revegging? Chances of avoiding Hermaphroditing? These are the questions...

Jari

Good information. I just took a couple of clones. They both showed roots on the 10th day, I transplanted into compost. I will wait a month, before I attempt feeding. There should be enough nutrients in the soil to sustain them till then.I have them under a 40 led at the moment. They are 12 days old today.

So I am just using plain old tap water, and into day 6, misting 3/4 times a day. There is a Trainwreck and Bubba Kush clone there. Am I wasting my time?

So I am just using plain old tap water, and into day 6, misting 3/4 times a day. There is a Trainwreck and Bubba Kush clone there. Am I wasting my time?

Not at all man, i've had roots come the only time i ever did it this way. so i guess i'm 100% on this method LMAO

mist with 1/4 strength bloom nutes twice a day will help them stay healthy while they're trying to make the roots.

I am expirimenting.....I have one plant under 24/0 due to being too early to flower, just letting her slow grow till its time, just an led in a 2x4 tent, no heat no fans no nothing.

I made some cuttings from another plant which was in flower (1wk in), used no rooting agent, just put them into a mix of Ocean Forest, Happy Frog and 25% added perlite..

We shall see what happens....

BTW room where tent is fluctuates from 55-70 degrees and I have no idea my tent temp or humidity and clones are sitting on cold floor!

Get them off of the cold ground and see if you can dome them in any way. Try a see through plastic Slurpee cup or something if you dont have a proper one. It really helps.

On my second try of cloning. ATM I am 2/6 confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom