How much in a quarter grain of rice or how long is a piece of string?

mike5

420 Member
Having cut my teeth on the Rick Simpson quick wash ethanol method (RSO), dosages became a problem. A quarter-grain of rice, squeezed from a syringe, quickly turns to a squiggle which turns into a "what the hell...can't kill me...", and before you know it, you are unpleasantly stoned for 48 hours.

I calculated the volume of a grain of Japanese long grain rice, divided it by 4, and came up with the MMF (magical milligram figure) of 0.0125mg

Take 39 millilitres of your favourite carrier oil (I use pure store-bought hemp oil, the kind you put on salad as a dressing)
Add 1millilitre of your full plant extract oil (no solvents present), and combine with your carrier oil.
Place on a warming plate. ( Cheap coffee machine hot plates rarely reach 60 degrees centigrade, and work for me for small batches)

At 40 degrees centigrade, the oils will homogenise with just a little hand stirring. ( I use a glass stirring rod and a cheap digital cooking thermometer).

40 millilitres, will enable you to fill 80x "00" gelatin capsules, each containing 0,5 ml of oil, of which 0.0125mg is the active ingredient.

Your treatment regimen is much simplified when you are able to introduce repeatability into the manufacture of your medicine.

Worth mentioning is that not all full plant extracts are made equal, and indeed, are manipulated to perform different remedial functions within our bodies.

It is in light of the above statement, that the opinions and figures contained in my post should be viewed from the perspective that my "active ingredient" component comprises per millilitre, and by volume, 40% THC/THCA, and 1% CBD.

Having survived my soldiering days, I am now a Veteran. The physical and psychological War-damage, I manage with the above method.....I believe that is why I am still here.

I would appreciate the communities comment on my method, as my calculations are based merely on my common sense, and are not based in any way on info from the web, apart, of course, my starting point, Mr Simpsons grain of rice.

Thank you, Bird, looking forward to Sue's wisdom.

Just visited your nest and your recipes. It occurred to me that a man might grow old and die happy in a kitchen such as yours. It is in this light that I offer my services as your official taster.
I can be on a plane just as soon as you have the spare room ready! :yahoo:

Thank you, Bird, looking forward to Sue's wisdom.

Just visited your nest and your recipes. It occurred to me that a man might grow old and die happy in a kitchen such as yours. It is in this light that I offer my services as your official taster.
I can be on a plane just as soon as you have the spare room ready! :yahoo:
That was the sweetest I have heard in a long time
:hug:
I have to leave first... :)

Well howdy Mike, and welcome to the community. :hug:

What a delicious post. You went to a lot of trouble to figure all that out. A man after my own heart. :circle-of-love: Might I make a couple suggestions to increase the bioavailability?

Many hours later..... Lol! You sent me down an unexpected rabbit hole Mike. I've been lost in the composition of fatty acids and the biological mechanisms of activation and metabolization. I started out to see if hemp seed oil was a better choice than olive and I think I may be more inclined to look closer at hemp seed than previously. Hemp has the balance of essential fatty acids the body most appreciates, and it appears to be a long-chain, as is olive. My hesitation may be in the saturation values of each. I believe olive may be capable of holding more cannabinoids, but I could be wrong about that.

Hemp looks like a good choice.

The chief reason I choose olive is for those carbon chains. Because of its molecular size it gets absorbed into the lymphatic system first, buying more time for our reserve troop cannabinoids to find receptors to activate before ending up running the gauntlet of liver enzymes. We suggest methods of competitive inhibition, ways of distracting those enzymes, to buy even more time loose in the system. If you're interested I can point you to that information. It comes in handy with very ill patients, when you want maximum return for your meds.

The only thing I'd change is to add some liquid sunflower lecithin to your formula. We have a thread you might find interesting on the process of taking concentrated cannabis oil (you know it as Rick Simpson oil) and making it more bioavailable. The formulas we worked out are more appropriate for suppository use, so they can be diluted much further and still be medicinally valuable through the gut without leaving you too spaced. You'll find that thread here: Biobombs

Bio bombs let you drop the cannabinoid load and get the same or better results.

Nice to have you among us Mike. One more curious mind that sees the healing potential of cannabis can only be reason to celebrate. :battingeyelashes:

Hey Mike, any way to get CBD into the formula? They sell isolates now that can be helpful in getting a more therapeutic balance to the oils you ingest. It might be a good match to start with something closer to 1:1 or 1:2 THC:CBD. Those ratios seem to work positively for chronic pain and the emotional baggage of soldiering.

That was the sweetest I have heard in a long time
:hug:
I have to leave first... :)
LOL, re-reading my post, and your response made me smile at what a schmooze I must have sounded like, kinda like a hybrid Willie Nelson, John Denver, Seargent Peppers lonely hearts club band vibe. I assure you, my intentions are both noble and honourable.:slide:

:hug: I know how to read and interpret what
is meant by the writer :hug:
Actually, I do think it was a cute message.
:love:
If I would have been insulted or offended, you would have had a totally different answer :)
LOL, re-reading my post, and your response made me smile at what a schmooze I must have sounded like, kinda like a hybrid Willie Nelson, John Denver, Seargent Peppers lonely hearts club band vibe. I assure you, my intentions are both noble and honourable.:slide:

Hey Mike, any way to get CBD into the formula? They sell isolates now that can be helpful in getting a more therapeutic balance to the oils you ingest. It might be a good match to start with something closer to 1:1 or 1:2 THC:CBD. Those ratios seem to work positively for chronic pain and the emotional baggage of soldiering.
Hey Sue.

Thank you for your most detailed, enthusiastic and energetic response. The fact that I have just medicated may have played a role, but I swear, I feel energised by your enthusiasm.

I don't know where to begin my response, so here's to the 1st thing that jumps out.

...Ok, carrier oil...based on nothing, and I mean nothing, other than my own twisted logic:rollit:, I thought hemp seed oil, (cold pressed), would make the best dispersal agent for the active ingredient, due to the similarity's (and thus to my mind, compatibilities) in the family tree, (no pun intended)

Seldom do I come across a subject that I know absolutely nothing about. Please bear with my silly upcoming questions regarding Bioavailability.:hmmmm:

On introducing CBD, yes, yes, and yes! The company that performs my testing certification will have a dedicated cannabis component extractor laboratory, fully operational by the first quarter of 2019. They have expressed an interest in me supplying one of my super CBD strains in the form of a full plant extract, which in turn will be fractionated under laboratory conditions to its component form.

At this point, cannabis oil evolves (or devolves, depending on personal perspective) from being a "herbal remedy" to being a pharmaceutical drug. New set of rules. I have aligned myself strategically with this commercial laboratory due to the fact that their core business revolves around the manufacture of cancer medications for the formal pharmaceutical industry. Recent local legalization developments have created a "wild west" situation, but I expect that after the furore has died down, the growers that remain will become the players in our infant cannabis industry.

Thank you for your most detailed, enthusiastic and energetic response. The fact that I have just medicated may have played a role, but I swear, I feel energised by your enthusiasm.
This has nothing to do with being medicated. This is SweetSue :hug:
That is why I love her to bits :hug:

Man, am I glad I found this community. I have started by reading both yours and Sues' back posts, and am astonished by the sheer volume of useful content. Thank you.

SweetSue is one heck of a lady. She inspires me and coach me on a daily basis. :circle-of-love:
Due to personal issues of mine, I have stopped my research on medical but Sue is at it and full of info.
I do trust her with my life.

Back
Top Bottom