How Much Light Is Needed To Grow The Best Cannabis Plants?

As far as light goes the main thing you're looking for is DLI (Daily Light Integral) A DLI of a minimum of 40 up to 60 is the target for optimum growth.
In seedling stage the plant can not tolerate high intensity light like 800+ PPFD. Needs to be about 250-300 PPFD and in seedling stage the target DLI is 20. At 250 PPFD light intensity for 24 hours is 21.6 DLI which is about perfect.

And seedlings love 24 hour low intensity light, it keeps the temperature and humidity stable. With a seedling you want your temp about 80-81⁰ and humidity at 70% for the perfect VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit).
You'll get explosive vegetative growth.
After the seedling stage between 2 to 3 weeks you will need higher DLI of a minimum of 30 up to 45 depending on the cultivar.
In veg I try to give as much light as that particular cultivar can handle without causing light stress. I tried pushing over 700PPFD this grow and one plant couldn't quite handle it and started showing the beginning of light stress so I dimmed back down to 500 PPFD for 20 hours a day which gives a decent DLI of 36.
There is also a relationship between available nutrients in the soil, the respiration and transpiration of the plant.
Sometimes if you push the plant too hard with too much light it could cause a deficiency. So 500 for 20 hours was perfect, never had a deficiency and got my 35+ DLI for optimum growth potential. Now in late veg I have to keep it to 12 hours and the plants can handle far more intense light at this stage as they are covered in trichomes. Some buds are taller and receiving over 1400 PPFD which without a high Co2 is a bit of a waste but is necessary so that my shorter buds can receive 900 PPFD which at 12 hours gives me 39 DLI and the rest of the buds are getting around 1000-1100 PPFD which is my sweet spot of 43 to 47 DLI in that 12 hours. The taller buds are getting 60 DLI.

The sun is all you need. It’s been working quite well for a few million years.

The sun is all you need. It’s been working quite well for a few million years.
Except for those of us which i would say is probably the vast majority that can't grow outside.
Sunlight is of zero value to me except for my peppers and veggies.

The key for indoor cannabis is to mimic sunlight as best we can.

Except for those of us which i would say is probably the vast majority that can't grow outside.
Sunlight is of zero value to me except for my peppers and veggies.

The key for indoor cannabis is to mimic sunlight as best we can.
My response was actually sarcastic because after reading the OP‘s first and only post which is all caps, rather than just the title, I concluded that this was not a serious post but perhaps a troll, but hey that’s just me.

Back
Top Bottom