How ready does it look?

CC420710

First time grower coming up on a harvest but not sure when exactly. I got a jewelers loupe but honestly my phone camera zoomed in works better for me because I have such horrible eyesight and very shaky when holding still. I guess I need to order a bigger magnifying glass. Anyway I am ending week 6 of flower growing in soil and peat. I know you can’t tell me any exacts just trying to get an idea of how much longer. I zoomed in and took as close as I could if you can’t help that’s fine never hurts to ask they say

Attachments

• 88A820BA-8954-4B19-8810-F36013F025F5.jpeg
    88A820BA-8954-4B19-8810-F36013F025F5.jpeg
    514.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 5DE74C1F-6B6C-472D-B284-3C1CA0E1CD23.jpeg
    5DE74C1F-6B6C-472D-B284-3C1CA0E1CD23.jpeg
    508.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 81E1475B-2DBF-4186-BBAC-AE1D74DD0D87.jpeg
    81E1475B-2DBF-4186-BBAC-AE1D74DD0D87.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 60
  • F27A6E19-846B-41CC-986D-A5AA89957894.jpeg
    F27A6E19-846B-41CC-986D-A5AA89957894.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 58
First time grower coming up on a harvest but not sure when exactly. I got a jewelers loupe but honestly my phone camera zoomed in works better for me because I have such horrible eyesight and very shaky when holding still. I guess I need to order a bigger magnifying glass. Anyway I am ending week 6 of flower growing in soil and peat. I know you can’t tell me any exacts just trying to get an idea of how much longer. I zoomed in and took as close as I could if you can’t help that’s fine never hurts to ask they say

If I were to venture a guess. I would say a 2-3 weeks yet. I’m basing this on your pistils being still pretty active. I’ve found they start to curl and change color about 3 weeks before harvest.

As important as trichomes are. I just use the state of them as one of the factors to decide when to chop. Once I see the most of the pistils starting to change is when I start watching trichomes.

Every strain is a little bit different but that seems to be working for me as a general average. You don’t want to chop too early as your harvest weight will suffer!

I should also mention, on my last grow if I would’ve went solely based off of trichome color, I would have waited forever. They never got more then 5% amber and held that way for weeks. But everything else screamed it was time to go.

I was very concerned about the quantity of clear Trichomes. But it ended up being some of the best smoke I have ever had. And a really nice yield of a 1/4lb per plant, each under only 100 watts of light.

I should also mention, on my last grow if I would’ve went solely based off of trichome color, I would have waited forever. They never got more then 5% amber and held that way for weeks. But everything else screamed it was time to go.

I was very concerned about the quantity of clear Trichomes. But it ended up being some of the best smoke I have ever had. And a really nice yield of a 1/4lb per plant, each under only 100 watts of light.
That’s kind of what I was thinking around 2 weeks at least. I need to flush pretty soon then. I know I look through lots of harvest ready pictures and so many look so clear to me. My husband says he can see the difference between clear and cloudy but I have hard time. So now trying to decide if I feed one more time or get ready to flush? Any advice is appreciated

That’s kind of what I was thinking around 2 weeks at least. I need to flush pretty soon then. I know I look through lots of harvest ready pictures and so many look so clear to me. My husband says he can see the difference between clear and cloudy but I have hard time. So now trying to decide if I feed one more time or get ready to flush? Any advice is appreciated

You definitely don’t want to go early. There’s about a 14 day ideal harvest window. So as long as you land in that, your golden. I’ve heard many times, if you’re questioning whether to chop, wait another week. A lot of weight normally packs on at the end. My last grow, the plants had stop gaining girth, and had some really developed pistils. I had about 40% clear. 55% cloudy and 5% Amber trichomes(sativa strain). And as I mentioned, no change in trichome color for over 2 weeks. I also noticed they stopped drinking as much, and I could go an extra day all of a sudden, without feeding.

Your doing a full 2 week flush? I use peat myself, and do 2 water cycles with a flushing agent to bind up all the nutrients quickly. That being said, you’ll find the debate on flushing is a hot one!

If in doubt, I would feed again. So long as you don’t have a medium that stays wet for long periods of time.

You definitely don’t want to go early. There’s about a 14 day ideal harvest window. So as long as you land in that, your golden. I’ve heard many times, if you’re questioning whether to chop, wait another week. A lot of weight normally packs on at the end. My last grow, the plants had stop gaining girth, and had some really developed pistils. I had about 40% clear. 55% cloudy and 5% Amber trichomes(sativa strain). And as I mentioned, no change in trichome color for over 2 weeks. I also noticed they stopped drinking as much, and I could go an extra day all of a sudden, without feeding.

Your doing a full 2 week flush? I use peat myself, and do 2 water cycles with a flushing agent to bind up all the nutrients quickly. That being said, you’ll find the debate on flushing is a hot one!

If in doubt, I would feed again. So long as you don’t have a medium that stays wet for long periods of time.
I noticed this week it doesn’t seem to be drying out as quick. I find there is a lot of controversy in many areas of growing. Once I have done it enough I can input but idk anything now

I noticed this week it doesn’t seem to be drying out as quick. I find there is a lot of controversy in many areas of growing. Once I have done it enough I can input but idk anything now

You’re absolutely right. It’s quite frustrating. Many people are divided on things that seem like there should be a more clear cut answer. Getting a consensus from folks and using your gut, combined with trial and error will have you pumping out amazing harvests in no time!

Good luck on your last few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom