How Soon To Add Silica

Are you a chemist? My guess is that there's too many hydroxl ions that may lock up some of the nute ingredients if they are not brought into equilibrium first.

Edited to add: Here's a warning from an agricultural product using Potassium Silicate:

Warnings

SILISEC-K incompatibilities are due to its alkaline character. If possible, it should be used alone. In case of using it in mixtures, the pH should be measured after the incorporation of SILISEC-K to the tank and before adding the rest of products. Afterwards, the mixture should be brought to neutral pH through a pH regulator.
I've just read that again. It doesn't actually say to set the pH twice at all.
Just says to "measure" the pH before the rest is added. Then to adjust it afterwards.

I've just read that again. It doesn't actually say to set the pH twice at all.
Just says to "measure" the pH before the rest is added. Then to adjust it afterwards.
Yes, to make sure it's not too high and then, it is obviously implied, if it is, it needs to be adjusted down. Why "measure" something if you are not going to do something about it if it is out of range?

Oh good LAWDY!!! What in the hell did I start?! I just wanted to know the earliest age at which to give my cannabis silica... Hahaha hahaha, I do appreciate the extra tidbits! It's giving me something to research... At least we can all agree on one thing, you add silica first! Gosh I love you guys and this place!

Any pics of your plants?
Yeah I here they all are! My two oldest are almost 4 weeks old and I have to Franco's lemon cheese and one blueberry. That's my photo tent. Then in my veg tent I have three Sour Girl autos and two big bang autos. Then in my flower tent I have to Northern Light Autos in the cooker! The original silica question was intended for the two-week-old little Sour Girl autos. I just took some B grade, mediocre stuff out of my dry tent. It was a Northern Lights Auto that I had stress trained and the flowers showed that by being Airy and fluffy.

Attachments

• 20190404_122706.jpg
    20190404_122706.jpg
    938.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190404_122639.jpg
    20190404_122639.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190404_122529.jpg
    20190404_122529.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190404_122446.jpg
    20190404_122446.jpg
    856.2 KB · Views: 29
Please ignore the grammar and punctuation or lack thereof. My phone's talk text sucks!

If my Northern Lights Auto made Roots like this without silica, I can't wait to see what she does this grow, with silica!

Attachments

• 20190404_162324.jpg
    20190404_162324.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190404_162309.jpg
    20190404_162309.jpg
    790.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190404_162251.jpg
    20190404_162251.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 35
Just out of interest. Do you use scillica?
I should say, on the older ones I did not. On all my younger girls oh, I just started. I forgot which post this was with what pictures.

I have yet to use it but I have it. I'm using it shortly, once my plant gets put in the DWC. I'm DTW it first until roots are rampant in the rockwool cube.
I didn't think so lol. Science doesn't really count for much in this game untill you have experience in applying it mate.
Even what's written on the bottles about how much to use doesn't really mean much. They're pretty much all a million miles off. Ie, plants only need a small fraction of what the nute companies tell you they need.
Best not to advise on things your unsure of. It just causes confusion.
Anyway it's 7am and I'm off for my morning doobie. Let's all have a smoke and be happy :)

I didn't think so lol. Science doesn't really count for much in this game untill you have experience in applying it mate.
Even what's written on the bottles about how much to use doesn't really mean much. They're pretty much all a million miles off. Ie, plants only need a small fraction of what the nute companies tell you they need.
Best not to advise on things your unsure of. It just causes confusion.
Anyway it's 7am and I'm off for my morning doobie. Let's all have a smoke and be happy :)
You just can't let it go can you LOL. Yeah,have a smoke. :) I'm perfectly aware nute companies want you to get through their product to buy more but that article urges caution. I don't think you have a clue what's going chemically. I'm out.

A lot of truth in that statement. They are in the business of selling product so they normally put the absolute max dosage on the bottles. Damn dirty capitalists. ;)

They'll also sell you crap you don't even need, fail to even put what the product contains if not required by law, or make outrageous claims. Our patented bee testicle fuzz has been triple refined to give you the most explosive growth and resin production.

You just can't let it go can you LOL. Yeah,have a smoke. :) I'm perfectly aware nute companies want you to get through their product to buy more but that article urges caution. I don't think you have a clue what's going chemically. I'm out.
I don't mate you're absolutely right. I don't need to though because I actually use it and know first hand how it reacts with other chemicals, what happens to it when you don't use it right and what happens to your plants when you do use it right. Please stop trying to prove me wrong with paperwork.
It's a bit like trying to tell someone how to pull a donut when you've only done the theory test and not actually driven a car.

As far as root mass goes, that is tiny.... almost non existent
Silica benefits: Strengthens plants, improving plant stature which leads to advantageous exposure of leaves to light. Improves stress resistance, drought tolerance, heat and cold stress tolerance.
Basically, stronger structure of the plant through stronger stem and branches

If you want a strong root system, silica isn't the answer
Great White, Mykos, and Azos beneficial bacteria is what you want

A lot of truth in that statement. They are in the business of selling product so they normally put the absolute max dosage on the bottles. Damn dirty capitalists. ;)

They'll also sell you crap you don't even need, fail to even put what the product contains if not required by law, or make outrageous claims. Our patented bee testicle fuzz has been triple refined to give you the most explosive growth and resin production.
SNAKE OILS!! don't get me started mate I don't know how they get away with it. I got suckered on my first few runs and bought the lot.
Spend half my time on here trying to figure out insane nutrient regimes. Beats doing crosswords though lol. Seen a guy recently with 16 bottles! What the hell does a noob need with 16 bottles? I didnt even have a clue what 3 of them were. Looked it up and I still don't

Silica benefits: Strengthens plants, improving plant stature which leads to advantageous exposure of leaves to light. Improves stress resistance, drought tolerance, heat and cold stress tolerance.

The root ball stayed down in the pot. I was just talkin about the circumference of the main stem or stalk.

Although I did say roots in my post... That's not what I meant. I'm so sorry for the confusion. But I definitely want to try the great white now! Thank you for your response! I hope you have a great day!

Silica is meant to strengthen the cell walls of the plant. I use 5 ml. Per gal added to the water the day before I add the cal- mag, and the rest of the fertilizers, ph is always balanced lastly... as for your seedlings you should add it to your schedule with every other watering, I do this with each grow in veg with much success. I prefer rhino skin or pure silica on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom