Should I add soon?

No need for the dolomite. A good replacement for calmag is molasses. It takes a bit to be broken down by the soil but it is well worth it. Besides it sweetens your smoke a bit.

Oh yeah? I've seen that mentioned before. Just grocery store molasses or something special?

No lime? I've read this makes a great PH buffer in soil...does molasses work the same, or is it just the distribution of CaMg?

I love this site btw! I've literally been up since about 3 am my time trolling around and I'm very impressed and relieved that I found a place to "chill" lol...Props to all and again much thanks to everyone who is helping me!

Well your right about the lime (ph buffer). Some people use counter stuff like Cal/Mag and Calimagic with pH UP/DOWN. Molasses will not buffer your pH and your best bet is going to Target or Walmart and getting GrandMa's Unsulphured Molasses.

Yeah I use CaliMagic but the added Nitrogen in it is a little too much in flower...I'll try the molasses, how long does it take to break down again? I know you mentioned it takes a while but can't remember how long you said.

Back
Top Bottom