More?

2nd How much more do they grow after starting flower.
3rd I amended with worm castings with added kelp on day 30 once in flower what nutes should I add.
4th what is avg time from light flip till harvest.
You have two posts you should just follow one. When you flip they double in size ,
What nutrient line are you using? And once you flip to flower it could be 9-12 weeks depending on the strain. What are they?

Hi @Mdlroad ! Typically your plants will double in vertical size the first two weeks of flower... this period is called "the stretch"

You should use flowering nutes once flowering starts... but there are too many choices to give you suggestions other than to use a nute appropriate to the medium you are growing in.. ie, soil nutes for soil, hydro nutes for water only systems.

There is no average time from flip to harvest. After flip there is a 7-10 day transition period before flowering begins. After that, harvest times can range from 7-16 weeks, depending on the variety of pot you are growing... typically sativas will go longer than indicas and hybrids are all over the place, but the average would be around 8 weeks.

Should I change lights gradually 16/8 then 14/10 then 12/12. Also do you go less than 12/12
12/12 works on pretty much every strain out there, so that is the standard. I have experimented with as little light as 10/14 at the end of the grow season to simulate the fall sun, but you are right on the edge of sending them back into veg at that point. If they can handle it, the theory is that this allows them to finish out a bit faster, but the other factor to consider is that overall, they do get less light in which to process the buds with. The final word is still out there on the effectiveness of this technique.

When you flip, just flip suddenly. The plants do not seem to appreciate a gentle slide into 12/12... it just takes them longer to transition into the bloom mode when you do.

Gorilla glue
when I flip my girls I let them have 24 hrs of darkness then directly to 12/12. There is a chemical they produce when lights go out, forget the name, but when the have at least 12 hrs to produce it they will automatically go into flower. I run gorilla glue also rule of thumb on her is 9 weeks minimum but I use trichomes and pistol colour to harvest. We can help you decide when the time comes.

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom