How to adjust the pH of water?

joeshim2k9ere

Hi

My first post on the forum great to be on a excellent site, I have a white widow plant 1 and half weeks in growth the edge of the leaves look like they are going slightly yellow. I have just been feeding it normal tap water with a P.H of 7.2 yes I know it should be 6.0-6.5 so next feed I am going to use different water.

My question is how can I adjust the PH of water to go down and in some situations to go up?

1.65% sulfuric acid (pH down). Use 50% clear and pure reagent grade sulfuric acid and get it down to 1.65%. Never add water to acid (or caustics). Add acid(or caustic) to water with plenty PPE (personal protective equipment). The amount that you need to add to your water depends on the strength of the nutes. You could store it in a plastic container.
If you want to raise pH you mix up a solution of 5% potassium hydroxide (it can be a slightly lower or higher percentage depending on your needs). These are the 2 most powerful forms of pH up and pH down. Nothing works better for this application, although you won't find this stuff in the produce section.

You can use vinager for lower the PH and baking soda to up.

Yep. Don't waste your money on PH up or PH down formulas. Unless you need buffers like in a hydroponic grow or Deep Water Culture (which you don't have). Adjust for parts per million first then adjust acidity. You want around 150 PPM. Mix distilled water with tap water to hit that number. Snow and rain water are lower in PPM than most tap water but a pain to get... melting snow all the time isn't fun. Dissolved solids in tap water are mostly Calcium and Magnesium which you need but too much is bad. Pardon the long response but I read a lot and those numbers work for me.

Yep. Don't waste your money on PH up or PH down formulas. Unless you need buffers like in a hydroponic grow or Deep Water Culture (which you don't have). Adjust for parts per million first then adjust acidity. You want around 150 PPM. Mix distilled water with tap water to hit that number. Snow and rain water are lower in PPM than most tap water but a pain to get... melting snow all the time isn't fun. Dissolved solids in tap water are mostly Calcium and Magnesium which you need but too much is bad. Pardon the long response but I read a lot and those numbers work for me.

My method costs way less than lemons or vinegar. Snow is a rarity for most.

Back
Top Bottom