How to dry when other plants are in flowering phase

First things first, the vent that comes out of the back of the AC is your discharge hose, it carries all the heat from the evaporator coil and the condenser coil, that is supposed to go outside. If your bathroom shares air with your house it should to be moved to a window to go outside.

The filter on top of the AC is outside of the grow correct? If so it's absolutely worthless. The air is clean outside the grow all your doing is adding a huge restriction to your exhaust fan. You currently have filter->duct->fan->duct->filter yes? Your suffocating that fan.

IMG_20191129_210738086.jpg

It's a rough sketch but it should steer you towards what I think your trying to accomplish.

Ideally you should just circulate all the air through the portable AC
This is my current end to end settings.
20191130_101639.jpg

My portable ac has a 6 inch hose built in and it's short... that's another issue

PS , the outside of thehose and the 4inch carbon filter is at my bathroom, one is at the entrance of my bath room another one is a long ducting to the window near my bathroom for the exhaust

First things first, the vent that comes out of the back of the AC is your discharge hose, it carries all the heat from the evaporator coil and the condenser coil, that is supposed to go outside. If your bathroom shares air with your house it should to be moved to a window to go outside.

The filter on top of the AC is outside of the grow correct? If so it's absolutely worthless. The air is clean outside the grow all your doing is adding a huge restriction to your exhaust fan. You currently have filter->duct->fan->duct->filter yes? Your suffocating that fan.

IMG_20191129_210738086.jpg

It's a rough sketch but it should steer you towards what I think your trying to accomplish.

Ideally you should just circulate all the air through the portable AC
IMG_20191129_211133341.jpg

I just completed the enclosure, 4 holes for intake air to go in.
i've automation to trigger this portable ac. if temperature <28 off ac and above 30 on ac
20191130_103922.jpg

i'd get rid of 2 of those filters and the temps would come down a lot. you only need one filter on your tent exhaust. unless your place is full of dust or something that you need to filter the incoming air, you're way overthinking it man. the filter over the ac, get rid of it. also the one by the window. i use one exhaust fan and one filter for a 4x8 tent and there's no smell, ever.

or put that inline fan on the other side to help the exhaust move through the other filter better. also since you've got it clamped down to 4" at the other filter is making it worse. i've tried something similar with a size adapter and it didn't work out well.

Having that should help. :thumb:

Getting rid of both of the 4 inch filters will help a ton as well.

i'm drying my seed plants in my living room and there's no smell in the rest of the building because it all gets pulled into the tent exhaust. even when my ex gf was smoking in my place i could never smell it a few days after she left. i was gonna just hang the plants beside the grow tent but i didn't want them in my face while working in there.

Having that should help. :thumb:

Getting rid of both of the 4 inch filters will help a ton as well.

Okay, but before i do that. After installing the box enclosure on the intake of the carbon filter + portable AC
I get this result. Now it's lights off for the babies

79383211_504639086794620_8734827040307412992_n.jpg

vs my historical data,

77272599_919327451794757_1354259439615475712_n.jpg

i'd get rid of 2 of those filters and the temps would come down a lot. you only need one filter on your tent exhaust. unless your place is full of dust or something that you need to filter the incoming air, you're way overthinking it man. the filter over the ac, get rid of it. also the one by the window. i use one exhaust fan and one filter for a 4x8 tent and there's no smell, ever.

But as i post above, with the current settings the temperature is ideally 22 degree celcius during lights off of flowering, i haven't yet tested on the lights on part. So i'm going to remove the the filter near the window to see the temperature . So with the temp status, should i also remove the portable ac + carbon filter and remain the newly enclosure i just installed, the reason i installed it is due to dust or fear of bugs ><

Is this an ideal temp and RH? i can control with humidifier

My portable ac and humidifier are automated by temperature and rh level using this apps.
Is it a good idea?

Okay, but before i do that. After installing the box enclosure on the intake of the carbon filter + portable AC
I get this result. Now it's lights off for the babies

79383211_504639086794620_8734827040307412992_n.jpg

vs my historical data,

77272599_919327451794757_1354259439615475712_n.jpg

But as i post above, with the current settings the temperature is ideally 22 degree celcius during lights off of flowering, i haven't yet tested on the lights on part. So i'm going to remove the the filter near the window to see the temperature . So with the temp status, should i also remove the portable ac + carbon filter and remain the newly enclosure i just installed, the reason i installed it is due to dust or fear of bugs ><

Is this an ideal temp and RH? i can control with humidifier

My portable ac and humidifier are automated by temperature and rh level using this apps.
Is it a good idea?

Pantyhose or window screen make a much less restrictive dust filter than a carbon filter is.

≈22°c is fine over night, lower is better but it's fine. 40% is good.

The enclosure is yet another restriction to airflow. The air is now being pulled through the portable AC whether it's running or not. Before it would just pull air from the room, which is easier so the fan is able to move more air. Take the filter off the end ( by the window) and it will be able to move more air.

Pantyhose or window screen make a much less restrictive dust filter than a carbon filter is.

≈22°c is fine over night, lower is better but it's fine. 40% is good.

The enclosure is yet another restriction to airflow. The air is now being pulled through the portable AC whether it's running or not. Before it would just pull air from the room, which is easier so the fan is able to move more air. Take the filter off the end ( by the window) and it will be able to move more air.

I've taken it out, waiting for the temperature and RH to update on the apps back.

So for the enclosure, i put 4x 4cmx2cm on the box, for intake air and not letting the aircond air to escape. So any recommend on the intake part? before the enclosure, temp usually will be ≈26°c @ night and 30-31c during day time.

Now it's currently with the airfilter, closed with a box.

PS , the exhaust fan takes about 10m of ducting to reach to the window

i'm drying my seed plants in my living room and there's no smell in the rest of the building because it all gets pulled into the tent exhaust. even when my ex gf was smoking in my place i could never smell it a few days after she left. i was gonna just hang the plants beside the grow tent but i didn't want them in my face while working in there.

Nope can't get away with that here lol. As soon as I take them out of the tent room the whole house starts stinking. I only have enough fan for roughly half the square footage of the house. Mine all ties into the duct work for the rest of the house so it gets spread out a lot more quickly than I can pull it back through the tents.

After the tents are cleaned and the plants go back in them to dry it usually takes less than an hour to clear the smell.

I've taken it out, waiting for the temperature and RH to update on the apps back.

So for the enclosure, i put 4x 4cmx2cm on the box, for intake air and not letting the aircond air to escape. So any recommend on the intake part? before the enclosure, temp usually will be ≈26°c @ night and 30-31c during day time.

Now it's currently with the airfilter, closed with a box.

PS , the exhaust fan takes about 10m of ducting to reach to the window

So it's 4° cooler than it was at night? Win!

Why are you pushing air 10m away if your not pushing it outside? If you dump it in the same room as the AC or into the return air on the AC you'll remove heat more effectively and keep the smell sealed in a little better.

The holes in the enclosure aren't going to do much. If the AC fan creates higher static pressure than your exhaust fan creates negative pressure it will leak conditioned air. If your exhaust fan negative pressure is higher than your AC static pressure it will suck in a very small amount of new air. When the AC is off it will suck in a small amount of air more than when the AC is running.

and keep in mind that when you open your tent when the ac is on, the smell will go to wherever the ac is venting to. if i'm trying to stay stealth i'll shut down the ac before opening the tent.

So it's 4° cooler than it was at night? Win!

Why are you pushing air 10m away if your not pushing it outside? If you dump it in the same room as the AC or into the return air on the AC you'll remove heat more effectively and keep the smell sealed in a little better.

The holes in the enclosure aren't going to do much. If the AC fan creates higher static pressure than your exhaust fan creates negative pressure it will leak conditioned air. If your exhaust fan negative pressure is higher than your AC static pressure it will suck in a very small amount of new air. When the AC is off it will suck in a small amount of air more than when the AC is running.

After removing the outside carbon filter, the temperature rises from 22 to 25 degree celcius . :(

75627394_437373976951950_2007103891765723136_n.jpg

This is the exhaust end to end

20191130_115958.jpg

20191130_120006.jpg

20191130_120010.jpg

With silencer muffler :-
20191130_120020.jpg

End point newly changed :-
20191130_120026.jpg

and keep in mind that when you open your tent when the ac is on, the smell will go to wherever the ac is venting to. if i'm trying to stay stealth i'll shut down the ac before opening the tent.

Noted on that.
Currently it's outputting to my toilet, where there's an ona block there.

I’m just trying to understand, your going thru all this to dry some bud? If I am correct just line the bottom of paper shopping bags with bud and fold over at top and clip with a clothes pin.
Open bag once a day check for dryness and shake a bit to move buds around and let new air in.
Usually 3-5 days in my experience, before jarring for the cure. No biggie P.S. don’t put humidity
Packs in the jars till desired hm is reached in the jars not bags.Lol

I’m just trying to understand, your going thru all this to dry some bud? If I am correct just line the bottom of paper shopping bags with bud and fold over at top and clip with a clothes pin.
Open bag once a day check for dryness and shake a bit to move buds around and let new air in.
Usually 3-5 days in my experience, before jarring for the cure. No biggie P.S. don’t put humidity
Packs in the jars till desired hm is reached. Lol

Should i attach a string and place it above the grow tent light?

What a spaghetti mess. So many restrictions. I kinda figured you had something like that going on.

After removing the outside carbon filter, the temperature rises from 22 to 25 degree celcius . :(

Is that the temperature in the rooms?

What a spaghetti mess. So many restrictions. I kinda figured you had something like that going on.

Is that the temperature in the rooms?

In the grow tent,

i'm trying to make it stealthy because previously when i directly pull , bypasser can see the ducting through my window . Hence that's why i built like this

I guess i should equip it back?

In the grow tent,

i'm trying to make it stealthy because previously when i directly pull , bypasser can see the ducting through my window . Hence that's why i built like this

I guess i should equip it back?

What is the temperature in the rooms?
You won't get temperatures below room temperature without the AC

Back
Top Bottom