How to dry when other plants are in flowering phase

jaynewbie

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue, i realized some of my plants are flowering pretty slow ( diff strain ). I only have one grow tent, 4" inline fan with carbon filter and 6"exhaust fan with 6" carbon filter in front of of the 6" fan and using a reducer and ducting to a 4" carbon filter in the back leading outside.
Yes , i'm using two carbon filter for the exhaust fan just to be safe.

How do i dry one of my plants while the other is in flowering phase?
Looking for cheaper solution

Short of buying another exhaust system and tent for proper humidity and darkness ..

Fridge / paper bag cure?

It will make your fridge stink for sure thou. I’d be interested in seeing what else is recommended :)
Good luck

Cheaper solution lol. Your already wasting a carbon filter.

Get a big moving box and a cheap inline duct booster fan from a home improvement store. Use the fan and extra filter to make yourself a drying box

Cheaper solution lol. Your already wasting a carbon filter.

Get a big moving box and a cheap inline duct booster fan from a home improvement store. Use the fan and extra filter to make yourself a drying box

The CFM was greater for the exhaust fan, that's why i smelt some during veg phase and decided to cover it with another filter.
I'll need to build it outside the tent or inside ? My room temperature in my counter is 30 in the morning and 26 in the night. I usually use portable AC for the intake fan.

Short of buying another exhaust system and tent for proper humidity and darkness ..

Fridge / paper bag cure?

It will make your fridge stink for sure thou. I’d be interested in seeing what else is recommended :)
Good luck

Brown paper bag? Let's say i just trim it and take some branch and put it on the tent, should it be okay?

Brown paper bag? Let's say i just trim it and take some branch and put it on the tent, should it be okay?

Not ideal , it would likely mold?
( temp/ humidity)
I wouldn’t do it. I would use a box and your spare filter or buy another tiny tent :)

Yep
And this ,
Is how I ended up with 3 tents haha
a.png

Sorry for using paint, the black line is ducting, can i just connect with exhaust with just ducting?

The CFM was greater for the exhaust fan, that's why i smelt some during veg phase and decided to cover it with another filter.
I'll need to build it outside the tent or inside ? My room temperature in my counter is 30 in the morning and 26 in the night. I usually use portable AC for the intake fan.

Your duct work is a mess by the sounds of it. Keeping a good environment is key to producing good product. Both growing and drying/curing. There's no need for an intake fan much less for two carbon filters. Lmao.

We have no idea how much product you have. Paper bags work. Fridge works. Boxes work. You gotta figure out how to keep the plants in 50-60%rh for a week or more.

Your duct work is a mess by the sounds of it. Keeping a good environment is key to producing good product. Both growing and drying/curing. There's no need for an intake fan much less for two carbon filters. Lmao.

We have no idea how much product you have. Paper bags work. Fridge works. Boxes work. You gotta figure out how to keep the plants in 50-60%rh for a week or more.

Two carbon for exhaust fan not intake ><

Can i leverage on pipe Y Split to use one single fan but direct to two tents??

does humidipak works in the brown bag?

I run 32 sq ft (almost 3sq meters) of grow space in two locations with one single fan. There is no need for an intake fan if your exhaust is done correctly.
I kinda need the intake fan to pull it from an portable ac else the temperature will be above 30 celcius

Use the room it's in as a lung room. The plants don't need temps any cooler than people are comfortable in. 30°c isn't that bad, 31,32 gets to be too much for extended periods. How long is the tent at 30°c?

If your running ac you would be far better served with a sealed system. Your just pumping conditioned air out right now. Where does your vent go? Outside?

There are so many variables to it, from inside conditions, outside conditions, internal heat load, external heat load, infiltration, moisture content of makeup air, size of fans, size of duct, amount of restrictions in the duct, are you growing year round or only a couple of the seasons, are you venting inside or outside, do you have forced air heating, do you have Central air, I mean the list just goes on and on LMAO.

Use the room it's in as a lung room. The plants don't need temps any cooler than people are comfortable in. 30°c isn't that bad, 31,32 gets to be too much for extended periods. How long is the tent at 30°c?

If your running ac you would be far better served with a sealed system. Your just pumping conditioned air out right now. Where does your vent go? Outside?

There are so many variables to it, from inside conditions, outside conditions, internal heat load, external heat load, infiltration, moisture content of makeup air, size of fans, size of duct, amount of restrictions in the duct, are you growing year round or only a couple of the seasons, are you venting inside or outside, do you have forced air heating, do you have Central air, I mean the list just goes on and on LMAO.

The vent goes outside to my toilet area ,i have to bare sometimes my toilet is hot AF . My ac is outside of the tent, i attached the carbon filter and blocked the intake of the portable AC attached to a ducting and it goes to my tent.
I don't have forced air heating, my led light is enough to generate a lot of heat. Sometimes if i dont on my ac, temp will hit 34-35 degree celcius. The list will go more hahaha.

Your not actually removing any of the heat from the tent in this way. Your removing heat from the air outside the tent and then blowing that air through the tent and outside.

You could accomplish the same thing by moving more air through the tents faster without running the AC. Slower air higher temperature difference, faster air less temperature difference.

attached the carbon filter and blocked the intake of the portable AC attached to a ducting and it goes to my tent

I'm not sure what your trying to describe here but it sounds like you cancelled out the AC.

Pictures are worth a thousand words especially through a language barrier

Your not actually removing any of the heat from the tent in this way. Your removing heat from the air outside the tent and then blowing that air through the tent and outside.

You could accomplish the same thing by moving more air through the tents faster without running the AC. Slower air higher temperature difference, faster air less temperature difference.

I'm not sure what your trying to describe here but it sounds like you cancelled out the AC.

Pictures are worth a thousand words especially through a language barrier
Here's my current setup

This is my portable ac attached with the carbon filter for intake 4", i'll need to diy an enclosure because some of the cold air is escaping. Planning to do it this week
20191130_093610.jpg

The vent of the AC is directly to my bathroom floor.
20191130_093618.jpg

Alright , this is why i had a 2x carbon filter for my exhaust fan, one is attached with the fan in the tent and i'm pulling a long ducting to my toilet window , this is the second one just for safety.

20191130_093624.jpg

First things first, the vent that comes out of the back of the AC is your discharge hose, it carries all the heat from the evaporator coil and the condenser coil, that is supposed to go outside. If your bathroom shares air with your house it should to be moved to a window to go outside.

The filter on top of the AC is outside of the grow correct? If so it's absolutely worthless. The air is clean outside the grow all your doing is adding a huge restriction to your exhaust fan. You currently have filter->duct->fan->duct->filter yes? Your suffocating that fan.

IMG_20191129_210738086.jpg

It's a rough sketch but it should steer you towards what I think your trying to accomplish.

Ideally you should just circulate all the air through the portable AC
IMG_20191129_211133341.jpg

Back
Top Bottom