How to get rid of spider mites on drying buds

Maybe you'll have to experiment with some sort of curing bud bath, maybe find help in the thread:

... maybe a lemon juice concoction??

Maybe you'll have to experiment with some sort of curing bud bath, maybe find help in the thread:

... maybe a lemon juice concoction??

I got H2O2 from drugstore and I have water purifier and PPM is very low, almost near pure water. I think this bath is good enough.

I have no idea about lemon juice. It sounds more dangerous then h2o2 bath.
Thank you for the topic, I'm going to read.

I got H2O2 from drugstore and I have water purifier and PPM is very low, almost near pure water. I think this bath is good enough.

I have no idea about lemon juice. It sounds more dangerous then h2o2 bath.
Thank you for the topic, I'm going to read.
I think that the reason the small buds do not have the mold is that they dried out faster. Looking up some basics on mold growth the molds like moist conditions. The large buds tend to trap the moisture longer so the mold has more time to grow before the buds eventually dry out enough that the mold stops growing.

As several have already mentioned if the mold is there the taste dcan be terrible.

Not all mold is bad for people. Think about the Blue Cheeses and Gorgonzola Cheeses for examples. And Penicillin was discovered by doctors and scientists working with molds.

The chances that the mold on the weed is going to harm you might not be a high probability but the taste is terrible. To be honest about it I have not smoked any weed with mold on it but since the smell is so bad the taste is likely to be even worse.

Not sure why you would think that Lemon Juice is dangerous. It comes from Lemons. People eat lemons. They squeeze lemons and drink the juice. Lemon juice contains vitamin C. People people make pies flavored with lemon juice. Some people use lemons to make liquors.

Hydrogen PerOxide can be more dangerous than Lemon Juice if not handled properly. Keep in mind that the H202 and the lemon juice are both diluted for the washing. I cannot remember anyone suggesting washing the buds with either one in its pure high concentration stage; though pure lemon juice would not hurt anything as far as I can figure.

Some have suggested making something else out of the contaminated stuff instead of smoking that. It certainly is a good option if you do not want to throw it away. When it happened to me I put the moldy bud on a very active compost pile and let Mother Nature do her thing.

Enjoy the day.

I think that the reason the small buds do not have the mold is that they dried out faster. Looking up some basics on mold growth the molds like moist conditions. The large buds tend to trap the moisture longer so the mold has more time to grow before the buds eventually dry out enough that the mold stops growing.

As several have already mentioned if the mold is there the taste dcan be terrible.

Not all mold is bad for people. Think about the Blue Cheeses and Gorgonzola Cheeses for examples. And Penicillin was discovered by doctors and scientists working with molds.

The chances that the mold on the weed is going to harm you might not be a high probability but the taste is terrible. To be honest about it I have not smoked any weed with mold on it but since the smell is so bad the taste is likely to be even worse.

Not sure why you would think that Lemon Juice is dangerous. It comes from Lemons. People eat lemons. They squeeze lemons and drink the juice. Lemon juice contains vitamin C. People people make pies flavored with lemon juice. Some people use lemons to make liquors.

Hydrogen PerOxide can be more dangerous than Lemon Juice if not handled properly. Keep in mind that the H202 and the lemon juice are both diluted for the washing. I cannot remember anyone suggesting washing the buds with either one in its pure high concentration stage; though pure lemon juice would not hurt anything as far as I can figure.

Some have suggested making something else out of the contaminated stuff instead of smoking that. It certainly is a good option if you do not want to throw it away. When it happened to me I put the moldy bud on a very active compost pile and let Mother Nature do her thing.

Enjoy the day.

Thank you for your answer! Yes I'm thinking same way and the mildew just started 2-3 days ago. It didnt spread, only bottoms (inside) of the buds has the problem and not too much.
I don't think lemon juice dangerous for people, I was thinking the change of taste and smell also dry time.

I've read too many things. There is some radio frequency solution but it's hard to DIY it and I'm not sure is it really working.
Spores are too small and can be spread quickly. Killing them without harming your product most difficult job in cannabis.
THC is sticky and removing spores on thc is extremly difficult. Even if you going to make it rosin then it still can contain spores. Thats why people afraid and saying throw it away.

Yes! Throwing away your 4-5 months product is a pain! So I'm not going to do that for really really small amount of powdery mildew just began few days ago!

I'm decided on doing these steps:
1-
h2o2 bath.
2- Clean water bath "low PPM"
3- Baking soda bath.
4- Clean water bath. "low PPM"
5- Hang them to dry 20C - RH: %35-40

After that atleast we removed most of the mildews but there will be still their spores After the drying I have few way to make it more safer!

A- Making rosin this cleaned buds will be safer then smoking it directly. High heat and pressure can destroy spores and maybe toxicity. (I think)
B- With alcohol, spores have no chance! But with alcohol buds will be damaged and thc-cbd will melt in the alcohol aswell. But we can make it oil!
C- Bubble hash or etc give your opinion..

After these steps there will be no more molds, spores or etc! If you still think that the spores will survive we should give them the fucking world and leave it.
BUT they can be still toxic right??? I'm not sure and I'm after it. (hold on)
I'm just after valuable information and constructiveness. Please give your opinion.

certain moulds are worse than others, to sorta consume.

a good bath with water that you added some hydrogen peroxide, then shake it off and another bath with just water,, shake it off again and dry it,,

enjoy friend,, your chances of coming to harm are small, but not non existent, indeed

i have done it, and i bet most have smoked some mould without knowing

feelin lucky friend??

Thank you for your answer! Yes I'm thinking same way and the mildew just started 2-3 days ago. It didnt spread, only bottoms (inside) of the buds has the problem and not too much.
I don't think lemon juice dangerous for people, I was thinking the change of taste and smell also dry time.

I've read too many things. There is some radio frequency solution but it's hard to DIY it and I'm not sure is it really working.
Spores are too small and can be spread quickly. Killing them without harming your product most difficult job in cannabis.
THC is sticky and removing spores on thc is extremly difficult. Even if you going to make it rosin then it still can contain spores. Thats why people afraid and saying throw it away.

Yes! Throwing away your 4-5 months product is a pain! So I'm not going to do that for really really small amount of powdery mildew just began few days ago!

I'm decided on doing these steps:
1-
h2o2 bath.
2- Clean water bath "low PPM"
3- Baking soda bath.
4- Clean water bath. "low PPM"
5- Hang them to dry 20C - RH: %35-40

After that atleast we removed most of the mildews but there will be still their spores After the drying I have few way to make it more safer!

A- Making rosin this cleaned buds will be safer then smoking it directly. High heat and pressure can destroy spores and maybe toxicity. (I think)
B- With alcohol, spores have no chance! But with alcohol buds will be damaged and thc-cbd will melt in the alcohol aswell. But we can make it oil!
C- Bubble hash or etc give your opinion..

After these steps there will be no more molds, spores or etc! If you still think that the spores will survive we should give them the fucking world and leave it.
BUT they can be still toxic right??? I'm not sure and I'm after it. (hold on)
I'm just after valuable information and constructiveness. Please give your opinion.
Yes, throwing away flower buds that you worked on for several months is a pain. I have experienced it. By the way, you have mold based on what most of us saw in your photos. I don't think that you have powdery mildew since that is usually seen on the large leaves.

I figure that you have read the earlier thread on Bud Washing (just click on the name). Admittedly, it has been awhile since I read it but the reasoning for doing it the way the method is mentioned in the first message makes sense.`If you scroll down to msg #12 you will find the Doc Bud method which does have the 4 washes like you are thinking of.

Because of your mold problem I would recommend using the Doc Buds method. The H202 bath is what will kill off the mold and mold spores if I remember right. Then the second bath with the Lemon Juice and Baking Soda will be a second washing and the acid in the lemon juice will also help to kill off any molds or insect eggs or insects that just might have survived the first wash. The baking soda is a great washing item to use. Then Doc Bud recommends two rinses. In the msg #12 I did not notice that he mentions the temperatures of the baths. He might mention the water temperatures in other threads or later in that particular thread.

Going back to the first message in the thread the person does mention temperatures and he or she skips the first bath with the H202 and starts with the lemon juice and baking soda. His or her method is very similar to the washing methods that that I see recommended for those who want to freeze vegetables for later use. The first wash with the juice and baking soda will wash off most of the dirt and other stuff no one wants, the second bath in the hot water scalds the buds, stops photosynthesis and will start to cook the plant material. The third bath in very cold water stops the processes that were started in the second bath and is called the shocking step. Keep in mind that is what should be happening if following the method mentioned in the first msg.

Doc Bud does come back in msg #14 and say that he has not tried the washing method with hot or cold water that is mentioned in msg #1 so I can only figure that he is using room temperature or warm water. He does mention that he thinks that the buds continue a slow photosynthesis for a day or two after washing so the temps cannot be hot enough to start to cook the plant material.

Since you have the mold problem, even if you think it is a minor one, my recommendation is to go with the Doc Bud method and use the H202 in the first bath. Then use both the lemon juice and baking soda. They work together and one by itself is not as good as both together.

I am admitting that it has been a long time since I read the Bud Washing thread. The method I use when washing the harvested buds is just as in the very first message in the Bud Washing thread with the three washes. For the second wash I use very warm water, not hot and the third wash is with very cold water and I sometimes add ice cubes.

In your msg that I quoted earlier you mentioned this...

I have been thinking about the this sort of thing for awhile. How hot does the stuff get if it is turned into rosin? If the weed is rolled up into a joint and smoked the burning tip probably gets close to 700 degrees F. That is what I had read was the temperature of a tobacco cigarette that is lit and smoked so I do would think that a joint is about as hot.

I was curious about making and using canna-butter for cooking. I just looked up the internal temperature of baking cookies. The info says that they reach an average internal temperature of 210 F to 220 degrees F even though the oven will be set at 350 degrees F.

Enjoy the day.

i found some mold on a few buds in the back of my tent a couple crops ago.

research said to NOT smoke it, could be bad for the lungs.

but it can be used other ways.

i cut off the affected parts, bagged them and right into the freezer. i used the buds (i had about an ounce) to make infused oil.
bake them for 30 minutes at 230
heat the MCT oil (think refined coconut oil, that stays liquid) and simmer the baked goods for a few hours.
strain it with a cheese cloth and coffee filters.
jar it.

you can spoon the stuff into you, use it topically, or cook with it.

swap the oil with grass fed salted butter for cooking. we made cookies and they were a hit.

edibles don't seem to do to much for me, but this stuff get the same kind of results from the younger ones.

good luck.

Not too much. Seems just started now.

1 cup peroxide 3% to about 20-25L water, dunk buds for up to 2 minutes then rapid dry or it can reappear. Skim mold off top of water between dunks with a sponge or wash cloth. Your buds will taste fine after this sterilization.

1 cup peroxide 3% to about 20-25L water, dunk buds for up to 2 minutes then rapid dry or it can reappear. Skim mold off top of water between dunks with a sponge or wash cloth. Your buds will taste fine after this sterilization.

The, José cervantez method for ridding ones weed of 'powdery mildew'. sure, works, kinda, for that,, I do that for some powdery mildew issues I get,, Works fine for me

However,, we be talkin 'mould' here,, not mildew

Two entirely different animals

This procedure 'will not' wash ones mould away

From link listed above.

Buds infected with powdery mildew or other molds and fungi are unfit for smoking. Many jurisdictions mandate laboratory testing of commercial cannabis for fungal and bacterial pathogens.

Moldy buds are not suitable for use in extracts either. Concentrating contaminated cannabis using ice water transfers toxins and spores into the final extract, making it unfit for smoking. Moist hash molds when stored at room temperature.

Butane and carbon dioxide extractions kill mold and mildew but leave toxins behind. As a result, professional extractors in legal states are facing mandatory lab testing.

I wouldn't do it but..............If you don't have any rotting and you wash it off. "the mold" with something that kills mold but doesn't ruin the buds. It will be ok. Mold gives off toxins so even if you kill the mold the toxins could still be there. Toxins will have to be removed also.

After you wash them decarboxylate at 250 degrees F for 30 minutes to sterilize before storage.

Then you say After H2O2 bath this small of mold still can be threat?

Even after that making rosin still can consist living mold spores?

What they're? HULK or THOR or something else?

A toxin is a toxin whether the mold is dead or alive. It is deadly when inhaled. Better to make topicals for joint pain, than to put that sh** into your lungs. Molds shoot spores all over the place, and so the entire plant and perhaps your grow is contaminated, even if you cannot see them yet.

Good luck, and sterilize everything before starting another grow.

Back
Top Bottom