How To Grow With LEDs

Ok, I get that we switch the light schedule to 12/12 to force the switch to flower. But I thought I have read that the extra dark time is what helps the buds to really develop and become more dense? As you know I am very newb and that can be completely bogus..

Ok, I get that we switch the light schedule to 12/12 to force the switch to flower. But I thought I have read that the extra dark time is what helps the buds to really develop and become more dense? As you know I am very newb and that can be completely bogus..

Well Love I am expert either and noob too . From what research I did most run there autos 18/6. If you were going to switch to 12/12 you could just run reg seeds and save the cost and have access to a lot more strains. That is my take that in the end if you are going to stitch it to 12/12 then just run regs. As for growth I have no idea on that I always thought the 12/12 switch was just to flower. They do stretch and grow a lot more but I always figured that was because they are in flower not because of extra dark time

I see I think your thinking of the last couple days I know most keep their plants in 24 to 48 hours of darkness right before they harvest

OK I got some pics of my drip system check 'em out
IMG_092616.JPG
IMG_092513.JPG
IMG_092415.JPG
IMG_092314.JPG

Nice Harley, my main concern would be overwatering. I bet harder to overwater with airpots though.

That's what I'm testing for I ran 5 gals and had water coming out the bottom after a hour that's what I'm after I want to soak 'em then let 'em dry I want the nutrients to make it to the bottom. My last grow I only had one pot watered enough. I think the air pots will work better if I do heavy waterings and let it run out the bottom.

That's what I'm testing for I ran 5 gals and had water coming out the bottom after a hour that's what I'm after I want to soak 'em then let 'em dry I want the nutrients to make it to the bottom. My last grow I only had one pot watered enough. I think the air pots will work better if I do heavy waterings and let it run out the bottom.

that is what I do with my smart pots a big watering every few days let it run through

Anybody ever try the Gas Lantern Routine with the Diminishing Light Schedule with LEDs? Any luck or experiences with different light schedules that work well with LEds other than the usual 18/6 12/12 ?

GLR works well in my experience. Depending on what types of diodes (ie if it has 730nm far red diodes and in what ratios) are in the panel you may have to extent the intermediary lights on period to 1.5 or 2 hours

I really dont know all the technical info that well but the light I am using is the 192x3w panel from TopLed. It is the same panel Buckshot is using in his current journal. That is beside the point at the moment, in your experience you have had good results with the GLR method. :thumb: thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom