How To Make Cannabis Paste

Thank you for passing on the information Lab Rat! And thanks to you Sir Budlovski for the words of encouragement! :thanks: It is very much appreciated!!

I've had a bit of a think about your questions, Sir. I think juicing is a great idea. If you can get your hands on hemp seed you could grow them as micro-greens. Grow them in trays like wheatgrass and use a masticating juicer. A couple weeks of growth is all you need to have greens full of hempy goodness. Also, how about a cold extraction vegetable glycerin tincture? You would grind up your bud-flowers and perhaps consider some sugar leaf/leaf material as well-using as high CBD you can get your hands on. Put it in a jar and cover completely with vegetable glycerin. It's an investment of time for sure. A minimum of 60 days, the longer the better, shake it up as often as you think about it. You wouldn't decarb so the THCa won't change but it should still extract all of the good stuff. Strain it and press the plant material to get it all. I would put it under the tongue because the body absorbs it so well there. That's what comes to mind. Much love and blessings to your little brother, family and you too, Sir!

Thanks for replying and with some great info :)
I don't think I can question the juicing I think that will end up being the first and instant think to hand over to them :-
I like the idea of some micro helps growing along, it seems I've had a few recommendations for that with cbd now so I may have to look into getting some seeds now, I did read somewhere that hemp seedlings can contain a lot of cbd. I have a lot of left over cfls and could probably find an extra space to grow some hemp, thank you for that.
I like your plan there since the thca tincture I was looking at making were the same thing but the vegetable glycerine would be a much better option, so I'm thinking I could make up a cold tincture with some of my current plants with thca and maybe even some cbd if I can get some lil hemps done in time and give that for a trial while I wait on some more cbd strong seed orders and harvests to complete. Time won't be an issue to get the best quality product possible aswell as they have not yet had severe seizures yet since so pharmas have helped prevent a little.
Thanks for the reccomendation with dose seems everyone is solid in belief that works best and if they're are uncomfortable with it hopefully it will still work alright mixed in with a drink of some kind :)
A member has also contacted me offsite to help with making some RSO non-euphoric of course, when the time comes.
I'm really glad I kept my account on this site now, with all the input, positive vibes and people willing to share and help here :)
I'm sure this thread will help a lot of people passing through having a read especially those looking at extra options. You have done everyone a good ity sharing what you can here, thanks for your kind words to :)
All the love, peace, good vibes and healing blessings to you and yours also, keep doing what your doing :)

Thank you for passing on the information Lab Rat! And thanks to you Sir Budlovski for the words of encouragement! :thanks: It is very much appreciated!!

I've had a bit of a think about your questions, Sir. I think juicing is a great idea. If you can get your hands on hemp seed you could grow them as micro-greens. Grow them in trays like wheatgrass and use a masticating juicer. A couple weeks of growth is all you need to have greens full of hempy goodness. Also, how about a cold extraction vegetable glycerin tincture? You would grind up your bud-flowers and perhaps consider some sugar leaf/leaf material as well-using as high CBD you can get your hands on. Put it in a jar and cover completely with vegetable glycerin. It's an investment of time for sure. A minimum of 60 days, the longer the better, shake it up as often as you think about it. You wouldn't decarb so the THCa won't change but it should still extract all of the good stuff. Strain it and press the plant material to get it all. I would put it under the tongue because the body absorbs it so well there. That's what comes to mind. Much love and blessings to your little brother, family and you too, Sir!

I make cannabis paste for my medical clients. I do not decarb before mixing together in mason jars. This keeps any high they may experience to a minimum, if at all. If I had a client who needed the high for a variety of reasons, I would decarb it first, 225' @ 60 minutes for fresher, moist bud. For older bud, I adjust the time based on the age and brittleness (indicating the natural decarb process has happened).

I believe that THC is very beneficial, as such, I choose high THC & high CBD strains for the paste and for juicing. I suggest to all my clients that they juice, or eat, trimmings daily. I encourage them to keep at least one plant in vegetative state and harvest trim daily, like a houseplant. Depending on their condition and disease, I may have them grow an additional "houseplant" high in CBD only. If they are further along and need greater medication, I suggest they grow an auto-flowering strain (most of my clients have no interest in the hassle of growing due to age or condition) that provides high THC & CBD and suggest they juice/eat the buds along with their juicing/eating. I also suggest that they use a blender/vitamix to juice, as I want them to have every bit, even the fiber. If they have an extraction juicer, I tell them to increase the amount. I steer them away from extraction juicers, it's wasteful.

In my research, I had read that the most potent or beneficial leaves are at day 57 from seed. Since I grow, I can understand a hormone spike lending itself to greater healing properties, but I'm confident that kind of timing isn't necessary.

I advocate juicing fruits and veggies, have seen some incredible turn-abounds just from changing the diet to raw and fresh, and of course organic. With cannabis, I believe that those who juice or eat it daily, raw, will experience a more rapid healing process. Especially if they incorporate an organic, fresh, raw diet. Live foods give you life.

MagicMediwana, I'm curious how your cannabis paste treatment is working for you? Have you experienced any side effects? Have your symptoms lessened? Disappeared? Changed? Would love to hear more about your progress. Thanks.

I've never had mine tested. Can't do it in my state.

I use my oil for different reasons. I have a seizure disorder, Diabetes, Glaucoma and I am using it to stay in remission for cancer. Just went to my oncologist last week and the news was good. I have been without oil for well over 2 months. Started having seizures again and had a stroke during one seizure last month. No worries, I am doing much better.

I also make and use butter. I have two pieces of toast every morning. It has helped for a month in lowering amount of and strength of seizures and helped with my diabetes while not having oil. I made some potent butter. 138 grams of fresh frozen trim and small buds to one lb of butter. Two pieces of toast keeps me toasty for about 8 hours. I think that butter might be like the paste. Butter is also decarboxylated in the boiling process, if it is green fresh or fresh frozen. With dry material, I have been told you have to decarb the dry material in the oven in a Turkey Oven Bag at 230 degrees for 1/2 hour before boiling and making the butter. Only difference is with butter you can add to the potency by adding more material to the butter. You are limited to amount of material in each bottle when making the paste. Has your sister tried butter? Give it a try. No need to make a full lb. Just make one stick.

WJ

I've never had mine tested. Can't do it in my state.

I use my oil for different reasons. I have a seizure disorder, Diabetes, Glaucoma and I am using it to stay in remission for cancer. Just went to my oncologist last week and the news was good. I have been without oil for well over 2 months. Started having seizures again and had a stroke during one seizure last month. No worries, I am doing much better.

I also make and use butter. I have two pieces of toast every morning. It has helped for a month in lowering amount of and strength of seizures and helped with my diabetes while not having oil. I made some potent butter. 138 grams of fresh frozen trim and small buds to one lb of butter. Two pieces of toast keeps me toasty for about 8 hours. I think that butter might be like the paste. Butter is also decarboxylated in the boiling process, if it is green fresh or fresh frozen. With dry material, I have been told you have to decarb the dry material in the oven in a Turkey Oven Bag at 230 degrees for 1/2 hour before boiling and making the butter. Only difference is with butter you can add to the potency by adding more material to the butter. You are limited to amount of material in each bottle when making the paste. Has your sister tried butter? Give it a try. No need to make a full lb. Just make one stick.

WJ

You need to decarb before mixing. The decarbing process does not happen to the fullest benefit while mixed for oil/butter/paste etc. That's a common misconception and is wasteful of the THC high, if that is what you're after.

You need to decarb before mixing. The decarbing process does not happen to the fullest benefit while mixed for oil/butter/paste etc. That's a common misconception and is wasteful of the THC high, if that is what you're after.

What? Try to be understandable in your post please. Do you have a question? Or are you trying to say something? Before mixing? Fullest benefit? What do you mean by that? What is my misconception? You must explain.

WJ

There's a lot of misconceptions and a whole lot of inaccuracies in your process. Its not that its completely wrong, even no decarb with an extremely inefficient extraction method will still output something and it obviously has worked since it has taken care of your seizures but how much are you getting from 138 grams?

Why freeze the product if you're going to boil it after?
At what temperature do you boil it?
Do you have precise temperature control or are you setting it to medium and waiting?
If you're decarbing in your oven how do you know your oven thermostat is accurate?

I decarb in an oven at 250*F for 27 minutes as per the graph.

decarb_graph_zps33f82670.jpg

But my oven thermostat is so screwed up I have to set my oven to 180*F and constantly monitor my oven for the 27 minutes making sure it doesn't go over or under. You seem to just preheat to 230*F and leave it for 30 minutes.

I've found that even oven thermometers have error in them so for accuracy nothing beats a lab mercury thermometer.

For an accurate heat source for boiling solvent off or just a stable temperature that doesn't produce any sparks I highly recommend a NuWave PIC2 induction cooktop. This thing is highly accurate (+/-2*F error) and can be adjusted from a cool 100*F to a scathing 550*F. My thermometer doesn't go that high but I've measured the lower temperatures against mercury and trust me its accurate.

This eliminates the rice cooker and "gentle heating device" and you can even program it for a specific temperature for the amount of time desired and then it will turn off automatically.

I also found that the Nuwave oven is a bit less accurate but still quite accurate for decarb. It does have a fan so make sure your material is covered but this thing at power level 6 (250*F) has a +/- 5*F error in it which is pretty good for an oven and since it doesn't heat the surface and are portable both can be used outside.

There's a lot of misconceptions and a whole lot of inaccuracies in your process. Its not that its completely wrong, even no decarb with an extremely inefficient extraction method will still output something and it obviously has worked since it has taken care of your seizures but how much are you getting from 138 grams?

Why freeze the product if you're going to boil it after?
At what temperature do you boil it?
Do you have precise temperature control or are you setting it to medium and waiting?
If you're decarbing in your oven how do you know your oven thermostat is accurate?

I decarb in an oven at 250*F for 27 minutes as per the graph.

But my oven thermostat is so screwed up I have to set my oven to 180*F and constantly monitor my oven for the 27 minutes making sure it doesn't go over or under. You seem to just preheat to 230*F and leave it for 30 minutes.

I've found that even oven thermometers have error in them so for accuracy nothing beats a lab mercury thermometer.

First off, you didn't read my original post very well. I understand now. I will repeat the part you missed... "With dry material, I have been told you have to decarb the dry material in the oven in a Turkey Oven Bag at 230 degrees for 1/2 hour before boiling and making the butter." The important part is in the first part, I have been told. I have never done it. I will try it soon and will try to comply with your dated graph by doing what I have read.

My oven is pretty new, but I will use a thermometer and do some tests to be able make any corrections so as not to destroy any cannabinoids. I use medicinally and rarely smoke. I'm not concerned about the THC high, have it or not.

The reason I used frozen was I had extra amount of the trim and froze it for later use. It stays fresh frozen. That was a test I did for myself. No one on 420 had experience with freezing for butter later. It worked for me. My freezer is -4 F.

I use a Nuwave PIC2 Pro induction cooktop and when I boil and it is set to 230 degrees for 3.5 hours. I have a thermometer in the water mixture and it never rises above 215 shown. Bottom of pan does reach and hold 230 degrees. I like that cooktop for decarbing my oil too.

Note here: I am new at this and am following some directions I have read on 420 Mag and yes, they work as well as or better than I expected.

My state just legalized oil for epilepsy.

WJ

Actually I use a NuWave PIC as well but I use a different recipe/method. Solvents and even water have a saturation point so eventually it will stop extracting; even if you leave it overnight. Its best to do it several times for a shorter time instead of a long time once.

Regular ovens are notoriously inaccurate; don't assume.

If you want to get rid of the THC just decarb the THC out of it. According to the graph go 51 minutes at 250*F for THC to become CBN. Just make sure its not THC the one that's helping you. THC also helps with nausea and appetite control and CBD doesn't really do that well so sometimes THC is needed.

If you like the PIC I recommend the NuWave oven, on power level 6 it outputs an even 250*F. Just preheat 10 minutes and make sure you cover your product with aluminum foil as the internal fan blows hot air around and would blow all your stuff around.

Here are some videos before I got the NuWave oven so its not shown but its for RSO.

[video=youtube;lwylamKSwto]
[/video]

[video=youtube;xlMMSuAFGdo]
[/video]

[video=youtube;jf4ffxUkcnU]
[/video]

According to your post your mixture is at 215*F and your pan is at 230*F. Look at the graph, you know what else happens at 215/230?

Decarboxylation.

This dated graph is the most accurate representation of THC decarboxylation, I wish I had one for CBD as well.

So besides your decarb time you are exposing your product to high heat for 3.5 hours. I'm pretty sure THC is getting cooked out (which in your case is fine) but you could be compromising CBD content which seems to have a slightly lower evaporation temperature than THC.

You are decarbing unintentionally by using so much heat. If you look at my videos, after decarbing I never use more than 180*F.

Woo-Hoo for your state, Jim!!! :woohoo: Great news! Progress is progress! May the rest of the country wake up and may they do it soon!!

When I want a high, I smoke, or vape. Actually, I've just treated myself to a new bong, can't wait for it to get here!! But I don't smoke everyday, often not even once a week. The goal with the paste for me was never to get high. That being said, the first day with my paste was far and away the highest I've ever been. And it went on for HOURS. I'm so thankful that I am not predisposed to paranoia or I think I may have freaked out a bit. It was really a crazy day for me. All I know is that, speaking from a paste point of view, it 'cooks' at 180 degrees for 10 1/2 hours. If hasn't fully decarbed I'm okay with it. And because the paste retains the plant material, your body still benefits from it, decarbed or not. I think that is a big problem, or misconception, about the medicinal aspects of cannabis. The assumptions seems to be that the 'high' is the goal for all of us and it simply isn't true. I am of the school of thought that cannabis has a myriad of benefits, and the thc is just one of them. I myself have to be very careful about getting high. With my muscle loss and nerve damage I have to plan to be high because I can't safely get up and walk around the house let alone to the bathroom! It is just like a muscle relaxer for me and when you already have significant muscle loss and nerve damage... I'm sure you can imagine.

Sweetleef as a beautiful HarleySin plant in flower right now for me that will be our first experience with making the oil. I'm excited to try it and will be learning/using the tacking technique to avoid the high.

What? Try to be understandable in your post please. Do you have a question? Or are you trying to say something? Before mixing? Fullest benefit? What do you mean by that? What is my misconception? You must explain.

WJ

Try to be understandable?? Not my problem if you haven't done your due dilligence and educated yourself so you aren't wasting time or herb. Fairly straightforward. Decarb BEFORE you prepare as butter/oil/tincture/whatever. Unless you don't want the fullest high THC provides (some don't want the high).

Hey guys,

Let's all take a hit of the reefer and chill out. This thread is getting a little intense. We are here to help each other out. We are here to share information we have gathered in order to better the medicine that we take as well as the medicine that others on this forum take. We are not here to stick things up each others asses. I can see how Jim's post would be taken that way, however I have been reading his post for a while now and haven't seen him post in such a way. Nor do I think that was his intention. I too didn't really understand your post until I had read it a couple of times. Part of the due diligence is asking questions of one another to better understand the things we don't. Perhaps old information is blocking a simple connection in the brain. Happens to me all the time. Let's try to remember that we really don't know what a person is going through, and we're here because we or someone we care about is very ill. Try and understand that you could be having a conversation with someone who constantly deals with excruciating pain. People get grumpy. It's early, maybe you are just grumpy too and I am now over reacting.

We're in this together.

Try to be understandable?? Not my problem if you haven't done your due dilligence and educated yourself so you aren't wasting time or herb. Fairly straightforward. Decarb BEFORE you prepare as butter/oil/tincture/whatever. Unless you don't want the fullest high THC provides (some don't want the high).

You just made some statements that I didn't understand. I take help openly, but I could not understand what you said. I have some brain damage from a recent stroke and it might have been that that made what you say not understandable to me. But If you want to help, be plain. I am an old man, 65 soon. Don't need to be condescending to anyone and I didn't mean to sound that way. Just wanted to know what you meant. My apologies.

Hey Lab Rat, thanks for everything. I'm new to this and any newer techniques are gladly accepted. I try them out sometime. I am just going by what I have read here on 420 and watched on the tube. Just as there are many members there are many ways to make my butter and RSO. I'm just doing what I can to make my medicine.

WJ

:peace:

Actually I use a NuWave PIC as well but I use a different recipe/method. Solvents and even water have a saturation point so eventually it will stop extracting; even if you leave it overnight. Its best to do it several times for a shorter time instead of a long time once.

Regular ovens are notoriously inaccurate; don't assume.

If you want to get rid of the THC just decarb the THC out of it. According to the graph go 51 minutes at 250*F for THC to become CBN. Just make sure its not THC the one that's helping you. THC also helps with nausea and appetite control and CBD doesn't really do that well so sometimes THC is needed.

If you like the PIC I recommend the NuWave oven, on power level 6 it outputs an even 250*F. Just preheat 10 minutes and make sure you cover your product with aluminum foil as the internal fan blows hot air around and would blow all your stuff around.

Here are some videos before I got the NuWave oven so its not shown but its for RSO.

I finally watched your videos. When I made my butter it was either from fresh harvested or freshly frozen from an earlier harvest. It was, like my oil, one of my first attempts. I am new to this and have to learn along the way, and I have a lot to learn. But if someone likes the THC, my butter hits the spot. I like the butter. In my next butter making attempt it will be made from dried material. I will either be decarbing on my NuWave PIC2 Pro cook top as you did in the video or in a turkey baking bag in the oven. Yes, I will check temps. I did when I first read your post and it was very close, it's a Samsung Convection oven. I do want to get a mercury lab thermometer to check it though. I have a week or two before I make any so I'm good. I like trying new things sometimes.

As for your videos I noticed one thing. When I did my previous oil I had a lot of loss due to the "burping", as you described it in your video. I lost about half of my oil due to that popping or burping. The reason for that was my failure to adequately filter the alcohol/oil mixture before evaporating the alcohol. Your burping is considerably larger and more often than mine was. Naturally I had less because I only did 2 oz. I refiltered and started again, but I had lost about 3 grams into the Olive Oil of the dbl boiler pan. Good thing it wasn't as violent as yours.

Using the technique that is found in the first pages of the How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil - Tutorial link in my signature seems to me to be easier and quicker than what/how you make oil in your video. Naturally I have not gotten my oil tested to find out how the different cannabinoids measure up, but it works for what is ailing me. Also no waxes or chlorophyll or minimal amounts of them. Filter them out when doing filtering. I only do three quick rinses and everything has been in -4F freezer for 48 hours. Some differences in technique shown in the thread mostly that I started distilling. I think Rick Simpson said not to put buds in a blender, where I read about his technique. I just crush them with a length of 2x2 in a pitcher in alcohol. There are many different ways people make oil and butter. I'd like to have some vacuum evaporator or something like that. But as my brother used to say, "It is what it is" and I do what I can with what I have. That's what most of us do. Unfortunately changing what we do can cost us time or product. So like most of us, I'll just keep doing what I know.

:thumb:

WJ

Woo-Hoo for your state, Jim!!! :woohoo: Great news! Progress is progress! May the rest of the country wake up and may they do it soon!!

When I want a high, I smoke, or vape. Actually, I've just treated myself to a new bong, can't wait for it to get here!! But I don't smoke everyday, often not even once a week. The goal with the paste for me was never to get high. That being said, the first day with my paste was far and away the highest I've ever been. And it went on for HOURS. I'm so thankful that I am not predisposed to paranoia or I think I may have freaked out a bit. It was really a crazy day for me. All I know is that, speaking from a paste point of view, it 'cooks' at 180 degrees for 10 1/2 hours. If hasn't fully decarbed I'm okay with it. And because the paste retains the plant material, your body still benefits from it, decarbed or not. I think that is a big problem, or misconception, about the medicinal aspects of cannabis. The assumptions seems to be that the 'high' is the goal for all of us and it simply isn't true. I am of the school of thought that cannabis has a myriad of benefits, and the thc is just one of them. I myself have to be very careful about getting high. With my muscle loss and nerve damage I have to plan to be high because I can't safely get up and walk around the house let alone to the bathroom! It is just like a muscle relaxer for me and when you already have significant muscle loss and nerve damage... I'm sure you can imagine.

Sweetleef as a beautiful HarleySin plant in flower right now for me that will be our first experience with making the oil. I'm excited to try it and will be learning/using the tacking technique to avoid the high.

I totally agree with you. My goal is not to have seizures and I need the properties of CBD and THC. I don't get high from my oil unless I dose/tack it incorrectly. I do get a raging 8-10 hour high from my butter. I rarely find the "need" to smoke. Like you I have mobility issues and being upright is risky for me. Stroke messed my left side up a little last month. But seizures cause me more trouble than the stroke.

I think I will try some of that paste. How many jars does an oz make? Is it 4?

I can't wait to hear about your making and tacking the oil. I put a rice grain size on the end of a flattooth pick and tack that way rather than using my finger. I had to buy 2500 flat toothpicks on amuhzon, can't find them anywhere else around here. All of them are round now. But tacking that way is easier for me. So if you find the tacking difficult try a toothpick.

Making an oz or two worth of oil at a time isn't difficult. I was scared off when I first saw Rick Simpson tell how to make it. I would never come up with a pound, I thought. An ounce or two at a time is do-able even if you have to buy the buds. Although I can't afford to buy the material, I have spent enough to buy quite a bit in order to grow and make my own medicine.

:circle-of-love:

WJ

As per this book (some of my "light reading"):
41vF4EI70kL_SY344_BO1_204_203_200_.jpg

The "official" lab name for burping is called bumping and it happens with a lot of liquids during evaporation. The molecules in the liquid expand and evaporate faster than the ones on top and since the liquid is a bit thicker you get these "eruptions".

Several things can be done to reduce bumping:
1. Have precise temperature control; with the PIC you should be able to come down from 180 to 175 to 170 and 160 if needed. Usually only 10 degree increments are available but medium low is 175.
2. use "evaporation stones"; these are like a small golf ball and increase the surface are to promote the formation of bubbles. I recommend you use a handful of large marbles and just throw them in there.

I use my Nuwave oven on power level 6 to decarb. It outputs a very precise 250*F (+/- 5*F) and only takes 3 minutes to preheat so I just add 3 minutes to my time.

0000000085847.jpg

Hey guys,

Let's all take a hit of the reefer and chill out. This thread is getting a little intense. We are here to help each other out. We are here to share information we have gathered in order to better the medicine that we take as well as the medicine that others on this forum take. We are not here to stick things up each others asses. I can see how Jim's post would be taken that way, however I have been reading his post for a while now and haven't seen him post in such a way. Nor do I think that was his intention. I too didn't really understand your post until I had read it a couple of times. Part of the due diligence is asking questions of one another to better understand the things we don't. Perhaps old information is blocking a simple connection in the brain. Happens to me all the time. Let's try to remember that we really don't know what a person is going through, and we're here because we or someone we care about is very ill. Try and understand that you could be having a conversation with someone who constantly deals with excruciating pain. People get grumpy. It's early, maybe you are just grumpy too and I am now over reacting.

We're in this together.

Thanks for that SweetLeef, but I wasn't grumpy. I just didn't understand what he meant or what his intention was. I am new at this and if I am doing something wrong, tell me what it is and how to correct it. Not be as I read in isisyogi's original or reply post. I have read it multiple times and don't understand why someone would write like that, angry. His original post was not understandable in that he said what he thought I was doing wrong, but not how to do it right, or is it his way. I don't understand what he meant by "mixing", I didn't say anything about mixing anything. And what he means when he says "The decarbing process does not happen to the fullest benefit while mixed for oil/butter/paste etc. That's a common misconception and is wasteful of the THC high". Why does someone post sh!t like that? Give me an explanation and/or proofs. And then he says "Not my problem if you haven't done your due diligence and educated yourself so you aren't wasting time or herb". Don't give him excuses for me SweetLeef. I'm not the dick. I'm here to learn. I don't think he can teach me anything. Not in his tone anyway.

WJ

As per this book (some of my "light reading"):
41vF4EI70kL_SY344_BO1_204_203_200_.jpg

The "official" lab name for burping is called bumping and it happens with a lot of liquids during evaporation. The molecules in the liquid expand and evaporate faster than the ones on top and since the liquid is a bit thicker you get these "eruptions".

Several things can be done to reduce bumping:
1. Have precise temperature control; with the PIC you should be able to come down from 180 to 175 to 170 and 160 if needed. Usually only 10 degree increments are available but medium low is 175.
2. use "evaporation stones"; these are like a small golf ball and increase the surface are to promote the formation of bubbles. I recommend you use a handful of large marbles and just throw them in there.

I use my Nuwave oven on power level 6 to decarb. It outputs a very precise 250*F (+/- 5*F) and only takes 3 minutes to preheat so I just add 3 minutes to my time.

0000000085847.jpg

Thanks. My wife does the chemistry. She is a MT, chemist and biologist by degrees. She has managed a lab for 25 years.

If there is no plant material in your alcohol oil mixture it won't burp, as I experienced it in my second attempt at making my oil when refiltering stopped the burping. In my error I didn't filter the third wash after straining the muslin bag of material, my only part in making my oil. A lot of plant material was left in alcohol oil mixture. My first attempt at making oil, I filtered properly and had no burping. When I filtered properly this time I had no burping. So your explanation probably explains some burping cases but in my case, I think it was the plant material.

I'll have to try decarbing in my oven or on the PIC2. Can't afford to buy another product from NuWave for a while.

WJ

Back
Top Bottom