How to trim buds

AKgramma

Now that I'm getting close to harvest, I have been looking at lots of pics of buds. All of them appear to have their tiny sugar leaves intact, and pretty much plastered against the buds..

Do you trim these off? If so, when in the drying process should they be removed?

Remove the big fan leaves, leave all the sugar leaf around the bud, hang your plant or branch it off and hang on coat hangers in a dark cool room or closet with a small fan, not blowing directly on plant-branches (you just want air moving around in the space).

Try to keep area around 55%-60% RH and dry for 10-14 days until stem has a nice clean snap to it. Once they snap you can trim buds up and put them in mason/canning jars with little hygrometers to see RH, and burp them 2-3 times a day until they reach 65% RH stable...then you can keep them sealed with Boveda 62% RH packs to cure. Take the sugar leaf clippings and make bubble hash or edibles etc. You don't trim the sugar leaves off when the plant is still wet because the chlorophyll will get all over the bud and make it taste like hay or unripe green harshness. :peace:

Remove the big fan leaves, leave all the sugar leaf around the bud, hang your plant or branch it off and hang on coat hangers in a dark cool room or closet with a small fan, not blowing directly on plant-branches (you just want air moving around in the space).

Try to keep area around 55%-60% RH and dry for 10-14 days until stem has a nice clean snap to it. Once they snap you can trim buds up and put them in mason/canning jars with little hygrometers to see RH, and burp them 2-3 times a day until they reach 65% RH stable...then you can keep them sealed with Boveda 62% RH packs to cure. Take the sugar leaf clippings and make bubble hash or edibles etc. You don't trim the sugar leaves off when the plant is still wet because the chlorophyll will get all over the bud and make it taste like hay or unripe green harshness. :peace:

Thank you so much for your quick reply! You have it all in one place, went into detail, and I can print it out and post it on the cork board. I do plan on following this curing method rather than others I've read about, because it's simple and easy. :)

Back
Top Bottom