How to water properly

that is my firm belief, yes
i have one question, lets say in a solo cup, you would provide the plant with water and nutrients (even if you need to do so every hour) could you grow a big plant? or is the root size the limitation?

i just don't get what slows/stunts growth, the limited nutrients and water in a small pot, or the fact that the roots can't grow futher thus the plant can't as well

Sure, you could water a solo cup sized container constantly and supply a large plant... it is done all the time in solo cup grow offs... but to a point the root size does become a limiting factor because those root can only take up a certain amount of nutes simply because of their size and number, compared to a much larger plant with a much more extensive root system.

Sure, you could water a solo cup sized container constantly and supply a large plant... it is done all the time in solo cup grow offs... but to a point the root size does become a limiting factor because those root can only take up a certain amount of nutes simply because of their size and number, compared to a much larger plant with a much more extensive root system.
ok thanks, anyway's ill give your advice a shot (about the solo cup) i'm starting diesel auto,i'm gonna start in a small container, i poked holes in a bottle of water, many many holes, bottom, and all around to give it more air....
also being transparent it will give me a nice view of the roots

is it ok if i make mini green house? (cut the top off a water bottle and put it over the seedling. i've had issues with my seedlings being digged out by something, likely birds

ok thanks, anyway's ill give your advice a shot (about the solo cup) i'm starting diesel auto,i'm gonna start in a small container, i poked holes in a bottle of water, many many holes, bottom, and all around to give it more air....
also being transparent it will give me a nice view of the roots

is it ok if i make mini green house? (cut the top off a water bottle and put it over the seedling. i've had issues with my seedlings being digged out by something, likely birds
no... dont make a greenhouse unless it is near freezing around your place... if critters are a problem I suggest chicken wire cages. Putting weeds into a humidity dome weakens them and makes them unable to stand being in the open air, and the dome could amplify the energy of the sun to the point that you bake your plants to a crisp.

The other bad idea is the transparent container. Sunlight will kill roots. Some people use a clear beer cup that they can place down in a colored cup so as to protect the roots. If you want to see the roots, simply lift out the clear cup. The hidden danger of these two cups is making sure that your holes in the bottom line up and you get good drainage.

Back
Top Bottom