HPS distance from plant..

this guy

I have a 600 watt HPS (sunleaves sunspot6 w/ glass) about 8" from the tops of my plants. I've noticed some browning on the top leaves. I'm thinking too close. Just wondering how far everyone else is keeping their lights from the plant. Thanks.

im air cooled and the do great at about 8 , whats the advantage with a mover setup?

The reduced fan to plant distance and increased light coverage..:)

The old tried and true back of hand to light to feel how warm it is, works. Since obviously everyones setup is different, hard to give stiff advice. Usually if too close you will see whiting not browning. I run 3X600 and 6-8" would be right in my setup(no glass, open air venting and fan between bulb and tops).

ya i figured thats why a mover would b good for some grows, i have lots space and 5 1k's , so .. why no glass? is it the maintence? should i take them out? i have not temp problems and my area could handle 5 more 1k''s gonna for sure get 3 to b at 8, but like i said no space set backs... thanks for the help:thanks::rollit:

ya i figured thats why a mover would b good for some grows, i have lots space and 5 1k's , so .. why no glass? is it the maintence? should i take them out? i have not temp problems and my area could handle 5 more 1k''s gonna for sure get 3 to b at 8, but like i said no space set backs... thanks for the help:thanks::rollit:

Just stretches your energy dollar, imho.

Glass diminishes lumens reaching the plants. If you don't need it for air cooling, your plants can benefit from increased lumens....:grinjoint:

Just stretches your energy dollar, imho.

Glass diminishes lumens reaching the plants. If you don't need it for air cooling, your plants can benefit from increased lumens....:grinjoint:

Damn, I never thought about my glass.. Does that rob a lot of lumens?

Damn, I never thought about my glass.. Does that rob a lot of lumens?

Depends how clean it is! You're payin for 'em, might as well use 'em....

Back
Top Bottom