HPS lighting advice please

CrimsonBlitz

Hi, Thank you for dropping in to help a newbie grower. I'm currently growing with CFL's and a fairly small space. I've given it a lot of thought and would like to make the switch to HPS, My concern is my space is fairly limited height wise.

Currently I grow using a scrog method in a stealth cabinet 48"L 12"W 40"H. My question would be Do you think I have adequete height for an HPS? If so what size HPS, How many, and what distance from ballast to plants?

I know people always say heat is a concern but I'm pretty sure all my CFL's are throwing more heat out than a 200w HPS, I could be wrong though. I have an S&P 100X for ventilation. Thank you again and looking forward to reading all the responses.:welcome::Namaste::thanks:

I have no experience with HPS but I can provide a couplelinks and speculation based on my reading. For height, everything Ive said is hold your hand under the bulb til you feel heat. Then put ti just a little bit further than this from your ladies. 40" seems like enough height if you can really control the scrog height. But again, thats just specualtion. Heres a couple links:
METAL HALIDE SAFETY AND RECCOMENDATIONS
WHAT DISTANCE TO PUT MY LIGHT FROM MY PLANTS

These outta give ya more info than a Noob like me can provide. :) :goodluck:

I just measured my CFL ballast its 9" I found a few 150HPS on amazon that measure 7" and according to some articles I read 150 HPS can be 4" above the plant tops That should give me 10" worth of growing height from the screen to the hot zone (I'm thinking this may not be enough space)

Currently reviewing a good brand of 150-200W HPS lights anyone have opinions on which is a personal favorite? Any thoughts on cooltubes and super spread?

Back
Top Bottom