HPS or LED, for SOG?

LED or HPS for SOG?

• Total voters

fortphoenix

which would be better for an aeroponic sog grow in a 3x6 table? i was thinking Gavita for HPS or PlatinumLED for
LED... whats your thoughts?

My name probably gave away my vote .. but my reasons for voting LED is because LED panels are flat and can be arranged so you get even coverage to the canopy / Sog or Scrog. It will also give better tasting & performing Bud.

1) It will be better tasting as the LED's increase the productions of *Limonene* & other *Terpenes* as well as the *Flavonoids*

2) To top it off the Bud grown under LED's will have about 3% (to 5%) higher THC then Bud grown under HPS. example 19% THC bud would move to 21% if grown under LED.

3) LED panels provide a wide flat light source that is perfect for a Sog or Scrog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am doing a Scrog in my 2x4x6 high cabinet using two auto Jock Horrors with 2 Mars~Hydro 100x 3w 200w panels , I am going to start a Journal with this one, Put my money where my mouth is.

I will add a link for my upcoming LED Scrog below with my signature ,When the Scrog screen goes up I will start it ..should be in a few weeks.

I am using 3 inch sq. 1/4" thick wire mesh as my Scrog screen , originally used as a store display rack I found it turfed out by a dumpster.

The future is not only friendly its a little more Stony ..:volcano-smiley:

yeah but the only thing is LEDs are super expensive if you're covering anything more then a 10x10 area plus I've been told his gets better penetration through the canopy and if you have a decent space to light up and the hps are someone close to each other then the light overlaps and you get even more out of the lights

The panels are expensive as you want them to be , some people want to spend top dollar to have the best.

others like myself buy affordable Panels , for my 3 mars panels I payed $450 for 600w of wall watt draw LEDs

Some of the top companies ask around $1500 for a panel with the same wattage so they *can* be exceedingly expensive.

Back
Top Bottom