Humidity Issues

QueenTokelove

I swear I don't know what is going on...For some reason my humidity in my closet is not getting over 30 percent. I don't know why, I have a fan blowing in there and earlier I put my humidifier in there. The humidity went up a lil but when I left closet door open which I have always done its seems to drop. This did not happen during my first grow. Is the change of weather a factor? First grow was during the summer and bedroom stayed warm. But now since weather has gotten cooler so has my room. What can I do?

yes, turn up the heat in your rm, that will help a little, then you can actually have a bucket of water in the corner of your rm, this will help increase humidity temperatures as water evaporates, however you are going to have to stay ontop of this bucket and insure that the water and bucket are and stay as clean as possible! the lat thing you want is to be growing a mold spore factory right next to your precious baby girls.
also, most likely you are going to need to keep your door open, this is only because it sounds like your house might be an older one, I say thats only because, like my house, it is poorly insulated and the closets always turn into extra fridges during the winter months. although this is good for mature flowering plants (provided there mostly indica and temps dont get bellow 59 deg.) its not the greatest thing for babys, you want a nice warm humid locations for vegging plants. you might need to pic up a roll of the reflective plastic insulation home depot sells, I used it in my first grow and it worked awesome! it comes in rolls that are 4'X25' and i just used tacs threw it to the wall and it held on for moths before i ripped it all down, even then it didnt want to come down easily, so its god for a temporarily permanent type deal =)

4 ft. x 25 ft. Double Reflective Insulation-BP48025 at The Home Depot

or this stuff, little cheaper but never used before:

4 ft. x 12 ft. Radiant Barrier Insulation Roll-115362 at The Home Depot

what are your rm/ closet temps and humidty, durring the day and at night??

if you want, write your response here, so that others who visit can chime in on this also, but just pm me with answers, oly because ive been responding to allot lately so idk if ill ever remember to come back and check what anyone responds with. only way to insure i cant try to finish helping with the issue haha.

Thanks Pre...I don't have enough room in my closet to put a bucket but I did open up one of the gallon jugs I use to water the plants hoping that will help. Just surprised that the humidifier doesn't seem to be doing much.Maybe I need to give it time, I just put it in there last night. At the moment with door closed the RH will go to 40 percent but soon as i open it, it drops quickly to 30 percent. The temp stays constant at 80. Thanks for the links, I will check HD out.

just for clarification purposes, i think "T.B.D." was asking how old they are to see what state of the cycle they were in, that way he knew what humidity your rm needed to be at to make it right.

I forgot to ask, what kind of humidifier are you using?

and also forgot to give you link for the type of thermostat i use.
doesn't have to be the same one, it just has to have the same features, and more if possible, i know ive seen ones like this at wallmart before. ust remember if it has an external prob for temp, that when you read it, your outside temp is going to be the probe and the inside temps will be where ever your display is sitting.

EcoPlus Large Display Thermometer / Hygrometer

Pre-- I just have a Vicks humidifier. I originally got it because of my allergies and it works well for the size of my bedroom. I will definitely check that link out...Many thanks

I decided to bump this back up, hope no one minds. I am still having the same problem. My humidity as of late with the closet door closed will go as far as 50. But the minute I open the door it drops to around 25-30.

And I have a humidifier in with them, have been keeping it full with the exception of one time. I have a small fan in the closet but also has been using a very big fan which also has an exhaust to it. When I blow air directly on the plants from the big fan, the humidity goes up to 40. But then the temp will drop a lil too, about 75-78.

I am wondering if it really could be the thermometer. It is not a digital one just something I picked up from the garden store which ran me about 10 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom