Humidity?

DLL333

Moved my grow from my garage to a closet, where there isn't so much variation in temp. Have 1 seedling that's starting to take off, and some that recently sprouted. I was trying to hit about 65% humidity in there, but cant get above 45%. I've been putting hot water pots inside. I know a humidifier is much more effective, but I'm just scared of mold on the plants and the walls. Advice? Is 45% sufficient?

Attachments

• 20181018_173222.jpg
    20181018_173222.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 55
As stated you can always run a humidifier. It wont promote mold on the plants of walls if set correctly. That being said I am vegging out a grow now and my ambient RH is consistently in the 40% range. I have run humidifiers in the past but not this time and I don't see a measurable difference in them growing.

One thing I worry about with a humidifier is that is it safe with electricity? I mean an ultrasonic fogger kind of device.

It is perfectly safe as long as you use it correctly. You don't want the RH to be much above the mid 60's on the high side. That causes issues with the carbon filters and electronics. The little vapor humidifiers do a pretty good job boosting RH. If you're going to run one I would only do it when the lights are on. When the lights go off the RH can jump way up. Use a hydrometer that logs a 24 hour window peaks.

When I'm dealing with seedlings in solos, in a room that tough to control the RH i'l bag those buggers.

Take a ziploc lunch bag and cover the solo, poke a few holes for air and wambam thank you ma'am!

Bring the RH to you..... seriously I do this i'l find a picture if you make me...

High humidity in early veg like that is great for building roots.

Not great for filters I admit, that's why this works right now. A humidifier is probably necessary long term and plenty of growers use them without mold problems. You need to wipe your walls weekly anyway ;)

Fixing problems in the short term as a grower is big, but always thinking of the next problem so it never gets to big, is huge.

When I'm dealing with seedlings in solos, in a room that tough to control the RH i'l bag those buggers.

Take a ziploc lunch bag and cover the solo, poke a few holes for air and wambam thank you ma'am!

Bring the RH to you..... seriously I do this i'l find a picture if you make me...

High humidity in early veg like that is great for building roots.

Not great for filters I admit, that's why this works right now. A humidifier is probably necessary long term and plenty of growers use them without mold problems. You need to wipe your walls weekly anyway ;)

Fixing problems in the short term as a grower is big, but always thinking of the next problem so it never gets to big, is huge.

That is exactly what I do. The pint size ziplok's work perfect for solo cups.

Back
Top Bottom