-Humidity TIPS-

Erk202

For people who are having trouble building up humidity here are a few tips that help me very good.

long story short, HEAT + COLD = Humidity

so therefore, if you have a cold spot and a hot spot (which should already be coming from the lights), some water buckets around the pot, you should have no problem with humidity...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See in my situation i have my pot siting in a fish tank on the left side. And its cooler on the right side which is the cool spot and the buckets of water siting in the middle. And basically thats what gets me my humidity, very simple. Oh and a wet towel is laying down flat on the cool side.

Problems with people who cant build Humidity:

1.Either you dont have a fan blowing or your lights are not hot enough, so that the heat and cold can combine together to create the humid.

2.Your space is not big enough to create or have a cold spot.

Hope this helps..:peace:

-Erk

I use heavy duty paper towels under my planters. This gives me a greater surface area for evaporation, absorbs my drainage keeping my floor safe (water and electricity don't play nice together), and mold isn't an issue because they dry fast enough.

Palpater what's your temp at because that will effect your humidity (colder means less humidity)? I get the most humidity at about 42% @ 78 degrees F.

Another thing that works (if on a timer to somewhat control humidity) is those fountain mister or ionizer that they sell in the malls. Just paint the LED lights or do not use when plants are snoozing. It's not the best idea, but it's cheaper than a humidifier to run or buy and you probably have one laying around with a broken bowl because the glass is so dam cheap.

Instead of using plain water, use carbonated water. This will release CO2 into the air for your plants.

Palpater what's your temp at because that will effect your humidity (colder means less humidity)? I get the most humidity at about 42% @ 78 degrees F.

Oops, I was wrong. It seems to average between 20-35% at 72F (veg). It's a basement grow with the temps outside the room averaging about 54F. I have a temp activated policy that will vent the room but it doesn't run much in the winter. Because my vent pipe travels all the way up to the attic, the hot air rising seems to constantly be purging the air in the room without fan activation. I could setup a policy that will vent based on high humidity, but since the RH only seems to rise with the temps, my vent fan would be running anyways. Should I raise my temps for more humidity? Do I need more?

What is the best average humidity for both stages, veg and flower?

Oops, I was wrong. It seems to average between 20-35% at 72F (veg). It's a basement grow with the temps outside the room averaging about 54F. I have a temp activated policy that will vent the room but it doesn't run much in the winter. Because my vent pipe travels all the way up to the attic, the hot air rising seems to constantly be purging the air in the room without fan activation. I could setup a policy that will vent based on high humidity, but since the RH only seems to rise with the temps, my vent fan would be running anyways. Should I raise my temps for more humidity? Do I need more?

What is the best average humidity for both stages, veg and flower?

70-80.F with 40-50% - was what i was told.

If your temps are already hot maybe around 85.F make sure the humidity isn't more then 45% cuz that will bring the temps up higher prolly around 95.F and thats a bit too hot i think. I maybe wrong.

70-80.F with 40-50% - was what i was told.

If your temps are already hot maybe around 85.F make sure the humidity isn't more then 45% cuz that will bring the temps up higher prolly around 95.F and thats a bit too hot i think. I maybe wrong.

Definately too hot, you wanna keep your room under 80 degrees.

Towels hanging out of a bucket of water with a fan blowing on them make great humidity producers.

Does this method work better with warm water or cold water... I took a 5 gallon bucket and filled it with warm water, then used 2 pieces of duct tape to make the handle stand up in the middle and hung the cloth from it with bread ties to give it more surface area for the fan to blow over. My relative humidity was only at 34% so I gotta raise it a bunch...

What is the ideal humidity for both Veg and flower. My humidity always seems to stick around 20% in the winter.

80-95% for clones
60-70% for veg
40-60% for flower
all relative humidity...

This is according to Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Horticulture Grower's Bible.

here's a tip for humidity.
just because jorge says so, doesnt make it so.

experiment and find out what works best for you. yea we all have questions and concerns, but there are so many different phenotypes of marijuana, so you need to know what your plant can tolerate.

you can even run your humidity down to the 30's and 20's and be fine, maybe lower. dont just stick to the numbers you get from growers, because who says anyone has the empirically significant scoop on all of the different factors affecting plant growth?

marijuana grows on many different continents all over the world, in varying environmental conditions. also, phenotypes will try to adapt to an environment that is not native to them, and they can undergo this adaptation very quickly, in only a few generations.

the climate of your grow affects your plants, yes. so does the medium and all of its characteristics, plus your nutrients and all the biodynamics of the soil/soilless structure and rhizosphere.

50-60% may by fine for some, but what's optimal? you can only find out through empirical data. i cannot stress this enough, NEVER think you're safe sticking to other peoples advice in dealing with quantifiable values, because this system in which you grow cannabis indoors or out is incredibly complex, and there's no telling what actual factors are influencing in what way or magnitude.

show me how much more healthy a plant will be at 50% humidity in veg versus 30% humidity, in a variety of temperatures, using different phenotypes, mediums, and methods of growing. this is important to consider, as one variable that's "too low" or "too high" may actually be mitigated in a situation where there are just one or two changes in method or management.

just think about it.
you're not as far off as you might think...
you might even be ahead of yourself.
don't take the numbers so seriously.

they help, but ultimately it comes down to objective interpretation and careful analysis, and also the humility to know that you probably *might* understand just a piece of the pie. that's okay though, because you can grow it just as well.

these plants can be strong.
put more faith in them, and they can grow you (lol... had to add the hippie-line :p)

that's my ramble.
<3dj.bath

Back
Top Bottom