Humidity problem - Help

I had one plant that got to tall early on and to remedy the fact it was falling over I just used one of the twist-ties that came with the powerr cords from my equipment to prop it up, just looped around the stem and then braced it on the rim of the SOLO cup. I added a fan which I put a a fan on low setting and within 48hrs the plant was standing up on it's own

edit...sory no pics :(

im still in the beginning stages my plant only has maybe 4 leaves at best started a week ago .. havent gave it any nutes no fans i have two 300w cfl light hanging above each plant

Have you given the girls a little drink lately. Over drying can also occur if you are generating too much wind or running temps over 80.
Happy Growing
:volcano-smiley:

Have you given the girls a little drink lately. Over drying can also occur if you are generating too much wind or running temps over 80.
Happy Growing
:volcano-smiley:

Or if you have really low humidity and the plants are transpiring a lot

Yet another diversion from the main topic.... mainly just because it's what I do.
Be a little careful bumping your humidity up. If you push it too far, you'll end up with things like this....

IMAG48914.jpg

komplex its still in the jiffy pellets. should i transplant them into a small pot and try watering?

I would recommend this strictly from personal experience. I always deal with low humidity and droopy seedlings, and every time I have transplanted from a solo cup I find them almost root bound already. I think the low humidity might drive faster root development or something, so the roots get bound up and the leaves get droopy a lot earlier than one would expect. For me it happens a lot before they even get a set of true leaves, just still the single bladed ones. Jiffy pellets seem a lot smaller than a solo cup so I would expect they're ready for transplant, but it's hard to tell without a pic.

I'm in the 15-25% RH club too. I tried to use a humidifier but that didn't even help. However in past experience over two cycles, the plants do get healthy enough to produce a good bounty. I think it's just one of those things where you would get slightly more yield if you maintained the optimum conditions, but all that potency and stuff is still going to be there. In fact, some say that low humidity causes the plant to produce even more trichomes. I can't really say that my experience is empirical evidence of that because I just haven't grown enough, but my bugs have definitely come out looking like someone sprinkled sugar on them. Even the leaves and stems were oozing out resin.

IMG_20161124_1108261.jpg

So anyway long story short, don't give up on them and try not to TLC them to death. Check the roots to see if they need transplant, but just give them time. I still haven't managed to not get droopy seedlings but I still got about an ounce per plant of that stuff last time around. So don't get discouraged!

Back
Top Bottom