Humidity problem - Help

groovetrain10

Hi, So I guess this cold dry air mixed with artificial heat has really lowered the humidity of my space. Would anybody know and DIY ideas/ways to create some humidity in my space. Thanks a lot!

-Keep on grooving!

I get a cheap plastic wastebasket from the dollar store, fill it about a quarter with water, and then clothespin absorbent towels to the sides. They wick up water and then dry pretty quick. The key is to use a good wicking fabric.

Hi, So I guess this cold dry air mixed with artificial heat has really lowered the humidity of my space. Would anybody know and DIY ideas/ways to create some humidity in my space. Thanks a lot!

-Keep on grooving!

I get a cheap plastic wastebasket from the dollar store, fill it about a quarter with water, and then clothespin absorbent towels to the sides. They wick up water and then dry pretty quick. The key is to use a good wicking fabric.

This towel idea is excellent - I've got several plastic wash bowls filled with water on the floor of the tent which has increased humidity a little but not enough

Will get some hand towels wicking asap

Funny I just found this thread, as I asked a similar question on my grow journal about 3 hours ago. I came up with the idea of soaking a hand towel and hanging it from one of the top bars in my grow tent. I only have a 2x2 tent, so I don't have extra space for a bowl or anywhere to attach the towels to the side. So I'll have to make due with my towel hanging over the bar and remember to resoak it in the morning and evening.

I'll take a moment to share an editorial note for a moment.... please pardon this old dog.

You folks are really seeing some of the magic of this place in play.
Open conversations where people feel free to exchange ideas and words no matter the subject very openly and publicly.
It's power man.... the power of sensibility and intelligence.... of ideas and words.... of freedom.
One good idea spawns others.... those ideas form into greater things.
Communal learning... been working for a long time now. Good stuff.

Sorry... back to your normally scheduled programming.... just gotta give it a nod now and then when I see it in play.... where'd that bowl get to....

As plants where small I could grow them on a table in the tent. So I lay down 100-150 of those little disposable plastic cups under and around the table and filled them all with water. Humidity kept to a minimum of 55% also didn't have to worry about mineral residues that the humidifier causes. Larger surface area of water the better (y)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

idk what it is but the first week my humidity range was good after a couple days things began to deminish.. its still in the early stages and its also my first grow i dont wanna give up being as tho its been a week or so. i have a small humidifer but im now sure if i should use it and how long do i keep it on to keep my humidity at the levels its needed to be!! if you could help please .. and thanks !

idk what it is but the first week my humidity range was good after a couple days things began to deminish.. its still in the early stages and its also my first grow i dont wanna give up being as tho its been a week or so. i have a small humidifer but im now sure if i should use it and how long do i keep it on to keep my humidity at the levels its needed to be!! if you could help please .. and thanks !

A couple of things...

What is your humidity level at?
How are you trying to control your humidity?

There are ideal humidity levels, but that doesn't mean you can't grow if you don't maintain perfect conditions. Giving up doesn't sound like a very good idea, ever.

my humidity is relatively low i keep trying to search for answers but i keep finding post where they're grow is to humid im having the exact opposite! My humidity is super low the range has been between 16-28 percent. ive tried the hang the wet towel and it didnt really help much. its to the oint my young seedlings are starting to droop.any suggestions ?

The more water surface area available the higher your honesty will be. These goes for inside your grow space and the room your grow space is in. Leave trays and cups of laundry. Give your carpet a wet vac. Hang your laundry up to dry near the tent or grow space. Get a spray can and occasionally spray surfaces that you can disinfect regularly as to avoid bacteria or mold. Tables chairs radiators etc. If your struggling that much these are fail safe methods to get you in to the safer 35%+ I got low humidity on my germies so i placed about 100 plastic cups down in the tent and filled them with water. Got me to 55% humidity constant . Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

my humidity is relatively low i keep trying to search for answers but i keep finding post where they're grow is to humid im having the exact opposite! My humidity is super low the range has been between 16-28 percent. ive tried the hang the wet towel and it didnt really help much. its to the oint my young seedlings are starting to droop.any suggestions ?
My humidity has been low my entire grow!
I tried the water in a bowl the towel and all that....
I even have a humidifier.

I just got tired of always fighting with it
And just left it
Plants wake up in a few from first night of 12/12

Ive had to water more than usual because its so dry.
but my plants are healthy and strong after 5 weeks from breaking soil

So its not impossible to grow without the right humidity might add more work but its not impossible

should i begin my nutes i only watered it twice since i started about a week ago! i added a humidifier my humidity levels are optimal now , but my plants are still dropping im thinking i should start giving it floragrow or whatever the fertilizer is to strenthen back up now that i got my humidity where i want it to be

Where the heck are you? Even the driest winter humidities in the USA are above 30%. Are you measuring the humidity using a hygrometer in your grow area? I'd consider getting a second one and seeing if the first readings are correct, because that seems very low, unless you're taking an indoor grow in an area with an already low relative humidity and raising the temperature a lot.

If you have no more room in your tent, consider doing the following:

a) put something underneath your plants, like some kind of rack that can get them an inch or two above the ground, and then put some trays underneath them to catch your runoff, and then make sure that the runoff trays always have a bit of water. That'll raise your humidity a bit

b) keep hanging the wet towels, every little bit helps

c) if you have no more room in your tent, put containers of water outside of your tent. Lots of them. Raise the humidity of the room that your plants are in. If your relative humidity is that low, you should consider getting a humidifier anyways. Humans need relative humidity above 30%, and 45-55% is better, to avoid health problems.

note: drooping plants are not caused by lack of nutrients, it's caused by either too much or too little water. There was a great thread (I can't remember who started it) that had pictures of over/under watering and how to tell the difference between them. I'd suggest taking a look for that.

415friendly im using a digital humidity and temp theremometer got it off amazon . to cut to the chase i just put a humidifier in the room humidity is where i want it to be now im tryna revive the drooping. ive only watered it twice within the week that i planted it should i start nutes maybe that'll bring my baby back to life? its my first grow dont wanna give up so easy

Back
Top Bottom