Struggling with low humidity levels

PlanetJanet

Evening 420'ers :),

I have a small grow tent with a 300w LED light and with an extract inside, temp is sitting nice and steady at 27deg but i can not seem to get the humidity above 40% . I have put a bowl of water inside with some paper clothes inside the bowl to try and put some moisture in the air but it has only raised it from a previous humidity of 37%. I have my jiffy cube inside with a seedling waiting to burst through in the next few days. I believe the humidity should be between 60-70% for this stage.

Does anyone have a good idea on how to achieve these humidity levels?

Thanks, J

Evening 420'ers :),

I have a small grow tent with a 300w LED light and with an extract inside, temp is sitting nice and steady at 27deg but i can not seem to get the humidity above 40% . I have put a bowl of water inside with some paper clothes inside the bowl to try and put some moisture in the air but it has only raised it from a previous humidity of 37%. I have my jiffy cube inside with a seedling waiting to burst through in the next few days. I believe the humidity should be between 60-70% for this stage.

Does anyone have a good idea on how to achieve these humidity levels?

Thanks, J

have you checked the full 24 hour cycle to see what your high and low points are? RH will typically increase with lights off. low during the day isn't so bad if it's high at night. 70% is pretty high.. at least for my set up. a pond fogger in a bucket works well. you'll probably want an event timer to break it up into 10-15 minute run times. how many times a day will depend on your readings.

and :welcome: to :420: :green_heart:

Hey electro,

I have my lights on 24 at the moment and intend to keep them 24 hour through the whole veg phase and then in 3-4 weeks dependant on conditions start the 12/12 phase. So maybe my question should be how should i maintain a RH in the region of 60-70 whilst in 24 light ?

Try hanging wet towels in the room, wet them daily and wash them weekly to curb mold.

The tent is in a closet and the front door flap is closed, and being a 2x2 tent i dont have room to actually hang anything else inside its a bit busy in there as it is.

ahh i missed the seedling part lol. just some sort of humidity dome would work and 70% is about right for that. dang i must have been in a hurry :laughtwo: sorry. :tokin:

i like the clear plastic cups. multi-functional. they make great individual domes. i usually use for cloning, but you can also start seeds the same way. i have two different brands in three different sizes lol. one brand actually mates up to the other too make a nice sealed pod terrarium. otherwise they can be taped together. these were pictures of roots, but you can kind of see the pods..

one stacked on top of the other..
Dark_Angel_Clone.JPG

these are being held from a taped on dome..
Permafrost_Clone.JPG

Pitbull_Roots.JPG

if i can remember, i get the brand names when i get home. been meaning to for a while now so i can post it lol.

:Namaste:

just saw this example on the front page lol..

12650724_10153746490522489_1644108743_n

Emilya posted the pods in one of her threads too, but i can't find it. when we are not busy having pest-saber duels we are usually throwing these pods at each other like hand grenades. :) which reminds me i'm running low on camo make up...

ahh i missed the seedling part lol. just some sort of humidity dome would work and 70% is about right for that. dang i must have been in a hurry :laughtwo: sorry. :tokin:

i like the clear plastic cups. multi-functional. they make great individual domes. i usually use for cloning, but you can also start seeds the same way. i have two different brands in three different sizes lol. one brand actually mates up to the other too make a nice sealed pod terrarium. otherwise they can be taped together. these were pictures of roots, but you can kind of see the pods..

one stacked on top of the other..
Dark_Angel_Clone.JPG

these are being held from a taped on dome..
Permafrost_Clone.JPG

Pitbull_Roots.JPG

if i can remember, i get the brand names when i get home. been meaning to for a while now so i can post it lol.

:Namaste:

just saw this example on the front page lol..

12650724_10153746490522489_1644108743_n

Emilya posted the pods in one of her threads too, but i can't find it. when we are not busy having pest-saber duels we are usually throwing these pods at each other like hand grenades. :) which reminds me i'm running low on camo make up...

Thanks so much for the help and info i greatly appreciate it! I have managed to get a small plastic box with a turning vent in top and voila, the humidity is up about 65 just now, expecting it to go up slightly once the jiffy is watered. From experience, how long does it take for the roots to burst through the jiffy? I seeded this cube on Tuesday night and of course, nothing showing yet.

J

Thanks so much for the help and info i greatly appreciate it! I have managed to get a small plastic box with a turning vent in top and voila, the humidity is up about 65 just now, expecting it to go up slightly once the jiffy is watered. From experience, how long does it take for the roots to burst through the jiffy? I seeded this cube on Tuesday night and of course, nothing showing yet.

J

just depends on the seed and strain mostly. with clones it's 7-14 days for me. i start my seeds differently, but i would expect about the same. maybe a little to the quicker side. :)

Hey electro,

I have my lights on 24 at the moment and intend to keep them 24 hour through the whole veg phase and then in 3-4 weeks dependant on conditions start the 12/12 phase. So maybe my question should be how should i maintain a RH in the region of 60-70 whilst in 24 light ?
plants need time to rest. try 18/6 for your lights....

Your humidity is fine. Mist it with water but you dont need to if you stay above 30% rh. And plants dont need to rest. I keep the lights on 24/7 or 20/4 for clones, seedlings and veg.

Back
Top Bottom