Humidity won't go above 40

Hyperkid210

I have a 3 meter by 2 meter temt 20 liter smart pota 4 600 wAtt hps lights are on for now i have a phresh stealth hyper fan 1200m3h out take on a rhino 1125m3h carbon filter with a 6 inch iso max 410m3h intake theyre on 4th week vedge temps are right but trhe humidity wont go above 40 iv added a humidifyer but it still wont go up any suggestions why the temp is between 26 and 28 degrees celcius

Re: Humidity wont go above 40

Water sprayer. If your in veg spray the plants and walls ect. Even into the air. I can watch my meter go up. Pan of water in front of fan. Maybe someone has a better way. I struggle with humidity too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice one i will give it a try how often do you spray do you know what causes this and do you only spray when lights are on? Thanks in advance

I've read twice a day on plants. Also read in the evening. But I am not a pro. Hopefully someone else will help too. Maybe correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Something which works quickly and is easy to do is soak a towel or two, wring it / them out, and hang them in the grow room (but not wet enough or in the position to drip on the plants). Humidity will start climbing almost immediately and last for a good few hours ...

I have the opposite problem with humidity however ....

i have used wet towels around. hanging them works well esp with fans around. dont keep them in there for days and days or who knows maybe they will grow something you dont want.
high humidity breads bacteria and shit.

i have used seedling prop trays. the black trays with humidity domes. spray it with water every so often as it dries and set it in there where it can get some light on it to aid evaporation. the black tray helps to draw heat rather than a white tray/

keep the top of soils a little moist rather than dry

decrease exhaust/fresh air (assuming fresh air is less humid)

whereever you are pulling your air from, say its another room. have that room up to temp you want, say 75F and get a humidifier in there to humidify the air before its going to your garden, then humidify as needed in garden also.
this helps to create a buffer between your garden and outside air.

buy a better humidifier
there are many kinds and sq ft ratings

hot air is easy for me to humidify.

cold air coming into garden will force water vapor to condense, removing it from air.

Something which works quickly and is easy to do is soak a towel or two, wring it / them out, and hang them in the grow room (but not wet enough or in the position to drip on the plants). Humidity will start climbing almost immediately and last for a good few hours ...

I have the opposite problem with humidity however ....

I've had good luck with this method, with one minor change. I often let the very bottom of the towel dip into a bowl or bucket of water and hang the towel in front of the fan. My towels dry out very quickly if I don't.

Back
Top Bottom