Hurricane plan, use autos to harvest early before aug/sept peak. Thoughts?

radrichie61

Good day. Hey I thought I would ask your opinion. I live on the south Atlantic coast and had to harvest prematurely after significant damage from hurricane Ian last year and every year I battle storms.
Can’t do indoor and I am maybe backyarding it or guerrilla. Instead of 4-5 long grow photos susceptible to damage longer, or 10-15 autos in the ground in April or May and harvest before August and September to avoid a similar situation
E7EA45D7-A3CE-469E-813A-FFE993E3D74F.jpeg

Any comments on good high yield low height, tolerates LST, let me know your opinion. The weather will be optimal until mid July or so.

Thanks and thoughts…

Good day,

Any comments on good high yield low height, tolerates LST, let me know your opinion. The weather will be optimal until mid July or so.

Thanks and thoughts…

Good day,
@radrichie61, as another Floridian, I think that is an excellent idea with that auto idea. My part of the world is a little calmer pertaining to hurricanes. I'm inland just south of the Georgia line. I'm not knowledgeable with auto's to provide the advise your asking for, in fact I'm terrible at growing them, so I just stick with photo's. Good luck with this coming season and keep me abreast of your grow.

Good day back to you.

see if there is anyone in your area on the board having success with outdoor autos.
i no longer do them here outdoor here as they produced a massive 4 - 5 grams a plant every time i did. i'm sure the conditions in florida would be much better.

Hi @radrichie61 I'm in the north and have been growing Autos outside for a couple years. It takes the pressure off because the plants finish before the cool rainy season starts. I've had fairly good success growing Autos outside, but they can be vastly inconsistent in growth. My thoughts on this are that they may be a lot more susceptible to 'runting' with handling and transplanting. My best White Widow had a main cola 12-15 inch long, while a runty Northern Lights produced only about half an ounce.

They go into 30L (6-7usg) plastic totes, media is the same as you'd mix for an indoor grow, General Hydroponics fertilizer. In the back yard they're connected to an automatic watering system in case I go away for a couple days. Also, I do some gentle LST to spread the boughs a bit, but recently I read that you can Top Autos so long as you do it about week 4, before flowering. Outside, Autos will not grow as big as they would inside under grow lights. Daylight hours are not as long as you'd set grow lights indoors.

Best of luck, cheers

see if there is anyone in your area on the board having success with outdoor autos.
i no longer do them here outdoor here as they produced a massive 4 - 5 grams a plant every time i did. i'm sure the conditions in florida would be much better.
That’s about what I got and said never again! Photos for me or nothing. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom