Hydroponic noob here!

CaptKilljoy

420 Member
Hi Everyone! I figured after lurking the grow journals that I'd pop in an start my introduction thread.

My wife and I are looking to not only reduce our medicinal use costs, but help find the right strains to help her out. My wife is much more of a connoisseur than myself, I just like to have a smoke before bed because I have issues falling asleep (probably due to the amount of Mountain Dew and Orange soda I consume daily). My wife is much more on the medical side, particularly because she has a medical syndrome that involves heavy joint damage and nerve issues. Aside from pain relief, reducing nausea from throbbing pain is a must. I believe our favorite current strain is Blue Dream, but occasionally we get a Sour Diesel that isn't so bad.

I don't know much about any of this, however I am growing hydroponic lettuce in the basement and am going to be doing microgreens and other herbs as well using Kratky method. I may try a Kratky grow at some point, but for now it'll be basic DWC with air stones until I get it figured all out.

I also plan to start a journal for the first grow. I'm sure it will be packed with epic failures and poor decision making because...well, I'm impulsive and like to plant seeds without having any sort of infrastructure. For now, I have a bunch of various sized buckets and plastic tubs, an air pump with stones and a few water pumps. I may buy a tent, I may just get some white plastic up and wing it for the first time...who knows how my overexuberance will play out.

So yeah, that's me (us), and our story. Love the journals, and can't wait to hop on board myself.

Welcone!!! I am new to the community too. Yeah, I often drink like six caffeinated beverages a day for work.

If you can grow hydroponic lettice cannibus cultivation will be a breeze for you.

Do my best to follow your grow journal.

A lot of great people here that are eager to help.

Peace,
"For work" - yeah, I'm a techie, so I sit by the laptop all day pounding soda because I'm an addict to it. I'm only 2 weeks into hydro lettuce, so we'll see if I'll be a cultivation guru or not. So far, I have some 18 rockwool cubes with sprouts, and another ~25 or so heads that were seeded on Tuesday. So far, so cheap - under basic basement fluorescent shop lights held up by buckets.

Not sure about the rules on images yet, so I removed them. Lettuce (non-Devil's kind) I guess isn't quite 420 related, so I dont want t mess with any rule breaking right out of the gate!

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum @CaptKilljoy :passitleft:
My wife and I are looking to not only reduce our medicinal use costs, but help find the right strains to help her out. My wife is much more of a connoisseur than myself, I just like to have a smoke before bed because I have issues falling asleep (probably due to the amount of Mountain Dew and Orange soda I consume daily). My wife is much more on the medical side, particularly because she has a medical syndrome that involves heavy joint damage and nerve issues. Aside from pain relief, reducing nausea from throbbing pain is a must. I believe our favorite current strain is Blue Dream, but occasionally we get a Sour Diesel that isn't so bad.
I use a White Widow for bed time, it puts me to sleep pretty quick :lot-o-toke: ...as far as chronic pain, my wife (and I) smoke a Sativa hybrid, Liberty Haze, it has a massive THC count, but also has a high CBD count, which helps with the medicinal side...better than the hydros she was taking :thumb: plus you can't overdose on MJ, so smoke as much as you want...I do...but I'm retired, so...:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::popcorn::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom