Hydroponics Question!

fireboytommy7

Hey all. Just had a question. I set up a drip system, and I have it dripping for 10 minutes every 2 hours going thru rockwool and hydroton. Does it really matter how fast the water flows? I have it dripping at about 3 drops every 2 seconds or so and try to maintain that but it is a pita. It doesn't really matter how much water flows thru right, but more the duration and frequency since rockwool and hydroton barely carry any water? Hopefully someone can help me out. I'm in clone stage so is this a good setup? I can have it drip wayyyy faster but i have it all valved out. heres a picture.

5197.jpg

I also have airstones going off vigorously so that will oxygenate my water hopefully. Running 400W MH. approx temps are about 78.

3331.jpg

pic of whole system. any suggestions? comments?

i dunno i've herd 3 times a day for 15 mins while the lights are one... seems to work good for me....

anyone else help??

hey stix, if you kept it on continuous would it over nutrient it?
would it get enough oxygen?

Im having some problems guys. I run it 12 min every 3 hours. Ever since I put in my MH the fan leaves started drooping. Humidity is kinda low about 40% and temps about 79. No browning or anything. You think my leaves are drooping to conserve moisture? I have the MH about 1 1/2 feet off the plants.

Also, I was wondering if my drip system takes oxygen out of the water if there are bubbles in the line.

any suggestions please!! my babies are on the line!

Show us pictures of the problem. What are your parameters? I would like to follow alone with your journal.

i dunno i've herd 3 times a day for 15 mins while the lights are one... seems to work good for me....

anyone else help??

hey stix, if you kept it on continuous would it over nutrient it?
would it get enough oxygen?

You won't over nute your plants with a drip. The roots of my mothers actually sit in the resevoir 24/7 for months at a time. As long as you keep the nutrient well oxygenated your roots will be fine. Think of it like fish tank plants. You can grow MJ the same way. Pretty cool huh?

Back
Top Bottom