Grow Tent Water Drain Question

NewToTHC

Hello:

Dumb question, but for those using grow tents how do you remove the runoff water from the tent. I see most if not all include a drip tray, but how are you emptying it? I have a DIY cabinet wood grow box and I just drilled some holes in the bottom so it runs off (balcony).

Cheers

I only water enough to know the plant has enough this way it stops run off sitting and causing humidity spikes, never had no problems with this way.

I'm looking at getting some Danish trays for my tents and catch tanks so no humidity spikes and a much cleaner environment.

Thanks all, too bad the mfg didn't include some plug for a drain, but then again probably 95% wouldn't use it.

If you set the trays on a slight angle with a outlet in the centre at one end and then into a separate tank either outside or inside, I'm doing one exactly like this in the next week of you would like to follow along, I'm not using Danish trays I'm just using your standard plant trays and converting it.

Two words... condensate pump. Just make sure it doesnt get clogged with crap or itll overflow. Definitely keep a shop vac on hand.
20200121_144413.jpg

Thanks all, I have the tent on a balcony, so think i will just cut a small hole in the bottom and let it just drain out as I did with the previous wooden cabinet. Simple, and no pumps, shop vacs to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom