I don't ph adjust

Sultry Sue

Once I'm flushing using just water I don't measure the ph because as I understand, correct ph allows for the absorption of nutrients and since I don't want any nutrients used I don't need the Ph to be within range. Am I off base? Novice here so any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Yes and no I suppose. Flushing is a hot button issue that will almost always cause debate. Many feel it is unnecessary others swear by it. If it works for you and your happy that's what really matters. U could always experiment. Take 3 cuts from the same plant flush one.don't flush another and Ph flush the last see which u prefer. That's what I'd do.

Now my take on it. Your potential for hydrogen (Ph) is (IMO) what makes the difference between just growing and seeing true results. As you flush the buds are swelling and growing almost as fast as they will throughout flower. This high output requires a well rounded diet to see the most output. The last thing you should do is deprive them of nutrients. Through the process "chelation" nutrients are broken down by microbes into a ready to use form of starches and sugars. These are what your plant consumes, u put sugar in ur coffee and what happens? It gets sweeter. So what I'm saying I suppose is, you should absolutely be checking your Ph before watering. The idea isn't to deprive the plant of nutrients it is simply to rid the soil of any excess that may be laying around allowing the plant to finish what remains.

I personally use veg nutes til week 6 use bloom nutrients for weeks 6-9 (when most people are flushing) at the end of 8 1/2 weeks I take her to the bathtub and run a flush giving 3x more water than soil (I use 5 gallons so I feed her 15 gallons of Ph water at week 8 1/2) allow her to dry out. Water once more (at a normal rate this time as I would any other water) after a couple days I cut her. Always Burns clean as a whistle with gray ash and my leaves stay green and healthy (as they should be) until they get their 15 gallons of water. I never flush until the swell has begun to Slow

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom