I have sad plants: Please help

matthewearl

420 Member
I have 3 plants in 100% coco using GH nutes. Plants are in veg and I am using flora micro @ 1/2 tsp, gro at 1/2 and bloom @ 1/4 tsp. I am also using hydroguard 1.5ml. I have been using this since the beginning and was ok. ph is around 5.6. These are sunset sherbert and the stems are deep red/purple and the leaves are turning light green with darkened veins. Also is droopy. The leaves will not perk up.I was originally using calmag 1/2 tsp. But I thought I might have had a lockout or was unnecessary since I am using california tap water so i had flushed the plants and did not add calmag. The plants look the same. I have a DJ short Bluberry clone that was using the same recipe in coco and it looks the same as these SS. Came here for expert advice as there are tons of you on here.

I grow in coco/perlite. It is a drain to waste system. If your figures are per gallon, you are overfeeding them.

Here's my feed schedule from my last successful grow:
full

General Hydroponics Flora Trio and Supplements at 33% Label Strength

Everything is metric, both because it's easier, and I live in Canada.
3.79 l = 1 US gal
5ml = 1 tsp

1 l of water weighs 1 Kg (makes it easy to get the right amount of water)
I use oral syringes to measure out the liquid nutrients and supplements. Here in Canada they are free for the asking at most pharmacies.

I usually water till almost bone dry, but since I was worried about the nutes, I have flushed then redid the nutes, so basically the coco been moist since. After I flushed I let the plant sit for 24 hours and there was no change. Also, my nutes don't seem to be too far into overfeeding based on your schedule. I am near 33% or even less in some cases from label recommendations. Wondering if calmag is an issue. Here is the schedule I found and was using. Using Week 3 even though I am way past week 3. I am using 2.5 gallon smart pots. I wonder if it is too small now. Thanks for everyones help. Thanks @Old Salt for the cool schedule and chart.

Read this thread and learn about growing in Coco

Coco retains no nutes so you water daily with nutes, every day

Probably light on yer nutes, I run the same nutes around 50% strength

Read this thread and learn about growing in Coco

Coco retains no nutes so you water daily with nutes, every day

Probably light on yer nutes, I run the same nutes around 50% strength
Ok thanks for that. I will check it out. Just read your journal on the CBD dutch Treat. Nice! Yeah this is my first COCO. Soil and DWC is what I am used to but I want to main coco. Still..the calmag..i am using tap. Would too much or too little do this? Some say not to put any in if using tap. ppm around 200, but since the leaves are so light green I thought maybe it needed more.

Sorry I meant coco. Ok I will try watering daily. Nutes every other day and plain ph on off days? What do you guys suggest? I usually go to about 15 to 20% runoff.
if you are using tap water you want about 30% run off to account for the extra salts in tap water... 10%-20% is for RO water

also every feeding in coco should be with nutes unless you are flushing or in late-stage flower. Although some people do get results with same random plain waterings thrown in here and there like maybe once per week if that.

Back
Top Bottom