I know. . . more flowering clone questions. .

Bagzgroove

But this ones different. . . using the method where you take clones at 3 weeks into flowering. . . can you keep taking clones? or is there a genetic timer and it won't bud any longer? I just smoked my first bowl in a week and language seems to be an issue right now. . .lol :laughtwo: I think I wrded my question correctly. . .:peace:

i'm a new grower but i took some clones from my first grow. the ones i took first are growing nice but slow. i took them a bit late. the ones i took later on are barely doing anything. they look healthy but they aren't growing hardly at all. i'm gonna take pics soon and i'll put um up when i do.

i'm a new grower but i took some clones from my first grow. the ones i took first are growing nice but slow. i took them a bit late. the ones i took later on are barely doing anything. they look healthy but they aren't growing hardly at all. i'm gonna take pics soon and i'll put um up when i do.

yeah, I took 3 clones from a lady that was 3 weeks into flower. . . Its been about 8 days now. . . Their perky, I am assuming their rooting, but theres no growth just yet. . . not sure how long it takes for them to get going again. . .

I'm still curious if theres a genetic end to cloning. . . i.e. . lets say these clones make it into flowering. . . I wait another 3 weeks and clone from the clones. . . and so on. . . will there be a point were they wont flower. . like 3 or 4 generations? I am thinking that maybe since cloning is basically a continuation of the originl plant. . . that it will only flower a certain number of times. . . Am I wrong? :hmmmm:

you can keep taking clones whenever.. just make sure to get it back on a steady 24/0 light schedule when done.
once it takes root and goes back to growing itll just think its a regular baby vegatating plant again and start all over.
if all goes well it wont go hermi either.

try to find a peice with the least amount of flowery material on it when cutting for a clone,
usually down towards the bottom there are portions that dont get any light that are great clones waiting to happen.
(dont cut off a bud to make a clone)

if possible to do so without killing the clone or losing much regular leaf... snip off the flowers with scissors.

The further you are into flowering, the more difficult it is to revert to veg stage. Personally I don't see the "up side" of flowering clones...short of knowing it's a female.

A clone is an exact genetic copy of the mother you took it from, so in theory you could clone it many times and pass it's natural life span. I've heard of clones being 15 years old, but i've never experienced one first hand. How many clones of a clone would that be? Since MJ is "light seasonal" theory also says that as long as she's in more than 18 hours of light she will saty alive. Again I've heard stories of a plant's genetic "clock" causing her to flower no matter the cycle - and I don't mean ruderalis.

yah having a known female is one =)

also if i make a clone in vegatative state and then switch to flowering theres a 60 day stretch waiting for my grow room to be done. they grow way to much in that time lol its makes the "switchover" a lot easier to wait till about 30-40 days.

very limited space..

i think i prefer clones at the store! but thats not always available heh.

Back
Top Bottom