I need a good super soil recipe

I think after this I will wait until tomorrow to mix the Coots mix and the High Brix kit soil I am dead tired and my back is killing me after this it will be time to toke yip e and my back pain along with other pains should ease up after we burn down a little WOOT :yahoo:

Welcome. Dolomite, peat, and gypsum as a buffer? Never made it though. I'm sure others will join in.
I started a new journal stop by and check it out I would Love your input along the way :peace:

If you buy from buildasoil you might as well buy the Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 living organic soil.
It has everything in it in the correct quantities.
Just add a cover crop, worms, mycorrhazae inoculate and some Gro-kashi on top.
I started a Journal stop by and check it out I would Love your input. I have the Oly mix and I put a clone in it I put it in a 10gal. pot and the Oly mix only filled it about three quarters of the way. I will have other mixes too. The Doc Buds High Brix, the Coots mix , Supercools Super Soil and a mix of FF Ocean Forest and Happy Frog as a base for another mix. I added some of the Grow Kashi to the Super Soil mix as well. I also bought the Boggie Brew compost tea kit too so the super soils and the Coots mix will be feed the compost tea.

Start off by doing a search with your favorite search engine using the term:
Super Soil

You should be able to find links to about 3 or 4 different recipes in a matter of seconds. Look at the recipes, either write them down or print them out. Read what is said about why each recipe is supposed to be one of the absolute best. Figure out why the person who developed the recipe came up with the ingredients he or she did. Take your recipes to the store and see what is available.

The list of stuff you have bought already is to much and not everything that is needed. More research and reading will help you build a super soil that is tailored to your growing method.

A basic starter mix is 1 part peat moss, 1 part mineral soil and 1 part Perlite. There are reasons for each. This is good starter for growing just about anything from flowers to vegetables.

To that mix you will have to add your amendments which should some basics. These can be Kelp, Shrimp or Crustacean Meal, Neem Seed meal, and some crushed mineral rock. And, the magic stuff is to add some innoculated Bio-Char which should end up being about 10% of the final mix.

Since you have already started buying stuff....well, you are buying more than you need, not enough of some others and buying stuff that is unnecessary. Well, stop buying stuff until you are ready and understand what you need for a decent super soil.

Try not to open any packaging yet. Some of them you might be able to take back. One example is the Mykos. The beneficial bacteria that you would be using that for are already in the compost and the earthworm castings. That was an unnecessary expense at this time. Not sure why you need the Diatomaceous Earth. Oh, you will need it but in the future do not pay extra for Organic Perlite. Perlite is made by humans from volcanic rock, it is not artificial or made with crude oil, all Perlite is in and of itself organic.

Lot of reading to do, but when you have the list together and understand why the items are on that list you will realize just how great you super soil will be once you are done mixing.

Have fun reading the new info.
I started a Journal it is in my sig stop by and check it out I would Love your input along the way

Back
Top Bottom