I need a little help getting back in the saddle.

ptg701

My last grow operation was a top feed hydro with 6 plants constantly in veg under a MH and 6 plants in bud under an HPS.
When everything was working right, I could turn about a pound of dried bud every 12 weeks.

Then I got busted and I haven't grown or smoked since.
That was about 15 years ago.

But, even though I am now a Cripple Old Geezer, my 60 Hippie roots run deep and I want to grow and enjoy some fine herb while I still can.

I'm planning to try an autoflower species in a 6 sq/ft cabinet with a 400 watt HPS.

Will these types of plants grow their entire life under the HPS, or will I have to supplement the short veg stage?
I was thinking of maybe using 6500K or 5000K CFLs along with the HPS for a couple of weeks before they go into flower.

If the autoflower plants don't work out, I plan to add another cabinet with a MH and have a veg/clone/bud continuous rotation system like I used to use.

I'm pretty stove up and can't get around too good anymore so keeping it easy and simple is a prime concern.

Any opinions on my light plans?

HPS tends to put out light in the low K spectrum, ideal for flowering but fine for using the entire veg/flower stages. However during the veg stage, supplementing with a few 6700K CFLs would be a great idea, and fairly inexpensive.

Regarding Autoflowering plants, I am trying to grow a few myself. AFs tend to be fairly easy to maintain. They SHOULD go to the flowering stage on their own, without having to switch to a 12/12 schedule (so for instance you could do 18/6 for the entire grow, which would cut down on the maturation time).

Check out the journals here on 420, they are a free source of invaluable information. My bud and I have a journal, feel free to check it out.

Pat and Edge's Unknown/AK/Lowryder#2 Grow - 2010

I may recommend AK-47 or Lowryder, in the AF variety. Of course those are the ones I am trying personally, go for whatever you think will work best for you.

Good luck with your grow!!!

Back
Top Bottom