I sprayed - will it be okay?

DaKindbuds

I sprayed this organic mix for mildew during flower about a week ago then 3-4 days later harvested some a little early. Well I couldn't smell it on the buds but it has a slight taste and very minor tingle on the tongue. Now I would have already gotten rid of the plants I sprayed, but planned harvest time is two weeks away. Will the effects of spraying go away or are my first self grown buds a fail. The stuff I sprayed is basically citric acid and yeast. Would a budwashing take care of it or is it absorbed into the buds and I'm stuck. Will my two week flush get it out?

It'll probably taste a different than it would if you hadn't sprayed, but it's better than having mold on your weed, or worse yet, loosing an entire crop to the stuff. I don't know anything about bud washing, personally I would never do it (especially if I had just dealt with a mildew problem), but maybe it would take off some of the stuff you sprayed on it? I don't know.

I am not throwing the sprayed bud away either way the stuff isn't toxic I might just be stuck with a boatload of citrusy headstash. I am smoking a joint of some Jedi right because I ran out of bud, and premature unflushed bud is better than no bud and even though its not fully cured the taste of the spray is literally 50-75% less prevalent than yesterday which is weird because I haven't done anything to the buds they are just a little drier. I'll just be hopeful and assume that the taste was there because I just sprayed a few days earlier and on top of it those were the lowest buds so more spray got on them. I'm starting flush with Final Phase tomorrow for the Jedi itsabout 3 days earlier than planned but I'm hoping a good flush and then a budwash will help get the stuff at least diluted as much as possible. I tried a budwash yesterday. I did 4 station wash 1-room temp rinse water with h2o2 3% 1/3 part 2-hottest faucet water will run 3- coldest faucet will run 4- RO water at room temp. lightly shook dry and hung up in front of fan till dried off they are now hanging in front of some T5 because I read it lets them Photosynthesis a little more and what could it hurt. I checked the bud out with the loupe and all trichromes I see have their heads intact. They also look brighter than buds I didn't wash and don't feel as hard as they dry. they are still dense and sticky. I'm going to keep playing with budwashing and try to figure out curing. I also realized with my setup I was being a little too ambitious my Indicas were all ball shaped no wonder I'm having airflow problems with so many plants. I've read around day 45 is when all defol should stop. I'll wait a couple days and take a little more bud from low on them because they are getting big and I'm sure without making adjustments to the setup airflow will become a problem again. So might as well take care of it beforehand. I'd just do it now because they're covered in resin it just needs to mature more.

I don't have a microscope to be 100% sure but with what I can see with my LED loupe no trichromes were dislodged from their stalks. And like I said I ran out so I took some buds I was going to throw out because the taste was bad. They were still drying so I figured cant hurt if im going to throw it out anyways. Well the buds I washed are still drying but the outside was dry on several so I rubbed them on the screen a little and rolled a joint. I just smoked half and doesn't taste bad and I'm actually high. I'm surprised actually because I smoke a lot.

I am not throwing the sprayed bud away either way the stuff isn't toxic I might just be stuck with a boatload of citrusy headstash. I am smoking a joint of some Jedi right because I ran out of bud, and premature unflushed bud is better than no bud and even though its not fully cured the taste of the spray is literally 50-75% less prevalent than yesterday which is weird because I haven't done anything to the buds they are just a little drier. I'll just be hopeful and assume that the taste was there because I just sprayed a few days earlier and on top of it those were the lowest buds so more spray got on them. I'm starting flush with Final Phase tomorrow for the Jedi itsabout 3 days earlier than planned but I'm hoping a good flush and then a budwash will help get the stuff at least diluted as much as possible. I tried a budwash yesterday. I did 4 station wash 1-room temp rinse water with h2o2 3% 1/3 part 2-hottest faucet water will run 3- coldest faucet will run 4- RO water at room temp. lightly shook dry and hung up in front of fan till dried off they are now hanging in front of some T5 because I read it lets them Photosynthesis a little more and what could it hurt. I checked the bud out with the loupe and all trichromes I see have their heads intact. They also look brighter than buds I didn't wash and don't feel as hard as they dry. they are still dense and sticky. I'm going to keep playing with budwashing and try to figure out curing. I also realized with my setup I was being a little too ambitious my Indicas were all ball shaped no wonder I'm having airflow problems with so many plants. I've read around day 45 is when all defol should stop. I'll wait a couple days and take a little more bud from low on them because they are getting big and I'm sure without making adjustments to the setup airflow will become a problem again. So might as well take care of it beforehand. I'd just do it now because they're covered in resin it just needs to mature more.

My personal opinion is that defol should stop around day 24 (esp when it comes to cutting off bud sites). Sometimes it helps to take a fan leaf off here and there after day 24 (ones that are blocking bud sites or ones that are being blocked by other leaves), but you could be stressing the plant out, which it may never really show signs of, but I generally see the difference in my yield.

Also, light breaks down THC once it stops developing on the plant. I don't know if the THC is still developing a day or two after being cut down, but after the first day or two, you will be affecting the potency of your buds slightly if you allow them to see light.

iwitfum I just read you telling Notchrob to spray everyday now I know its different circumstances, but could I just take a couple plants out of the growroom each morning and spray them with just RO water to rinse off some of that stuff I sprayed and make sure they are dry before putting them back in and let my temps get to about 80-82 for the lights on to get anything that wasn't dry. I made some adjustments and my RH is at about 38-42% during lights on(usually at 40%) and gets as low as 26% during lights off. I'm not sure letting the plant get rid of it itself will be enough and while I'm kind of impressed with the results of budwashing I'm not sure that rinsing off that late will be enough. I have been experimenting with the several ounces I cut the other day and I put some to water cure without rinsing them off first and took off the lid on day 2 to find some sudsy looking bubbles and a slight smell. but that could be from bud sitting in a jar of water. Anyways let me know if you think it will be alright to rinse them off as long as I dry them REALLY well. I'm talking using a chopstick to separate buds so the fan can dry in between spend 5-10 minutes on a branch dry

Re: I sprayed will it be okay

iwitfum I just read you telling Notchrob to spray everyday now I know its different circumstances, but could I just take a couple plants out of the growroom each morning and spray them with just RO water to rinse off some of that stuff I sprayed and make sure they are dry before putting them back in and let my temps get to about 80-82 for the lights on to get anything that wasn't dry. I made some adjustments and my RH is at about 38-42% during lights on(usually at 40%) and gets as low as 26% during lights off. I'm not sure letting the plant get rid of it itself will be enough and while I'm kind of impressed with the results of budwashing I'm not sure that rinsing off that late will be enough. I have been experimenting with the several ounces I cut the other day and I put some to water cure without rinsing them off first and took off the lid on day 2 to find some sudsy looking bubbles and a slight smell. but that could be from bud sitting in a jar of water. Anyways let me know if you think it will be alright to rinse them off as long as I dry them REALLY well. I'm talking using a chopstick to separate buds so the fan can dry in between spend 5-10 minutes on a branch dry

Normally I wouldn't risk it, but if you are adamant about the taste, and you can manage making sure your plant dries completely within about an hour, then I 'd say go for it. Even better to spray them outside. If you humidity is stable below 42% then one or two rinses may not bring the pm back.
Notchrob has spider mites really bad and if he doesn't take care of that, they will surely web up his colas.
I think in your situation, since you already seem to be at risk of PM, then your risk of having to deal with it again is a bit higher than his.

I'll try it on one this morning luckily I only sprayed the Jedi heavy and even they would be a pain to get outside. I'd have to take of all the ties and even then the branches wont let me get it out the door. My grow room door is wide enough to get them out but normal house doors aren't. Quick question though would it be alright to rinse it off in the shower or should I stick with the RO water.

I'll try it on one this morning luckily I only sprayed the Jedi heavy and even they would be a pain to get outside. I'd have to take of all the ties and even then the branches wont let me get it out the door. My grow room door is wide enough to get them out but normal house doors aren't. Quick question though would it be alright to rinse it off in the shower or should I stick with the RO water.

I would stick with a hand mister. The shower stream could be too heavy for the plants and possibly do them more harm than good. I like to spray well water on my plants instead of RO because the pH is generally more stable, but I wouldn't put them under a shower head.

Well once again I ask a question and don't wait for a response. But this time at least, I didn't take the wrong route. I just didn't want to delay and not get it done or wait too late in the day. I figured the same about the shower head even though it has one of those gentle rain settings it might be too much and knock off trich heads. I already bounced the mister application method off you and that didn't throw up any red flags why change up the plan of action when what I'm doing is risky to begin with. Well I managed to get the one with the least amount of bud and canopy outside and drenched the whole thing Cola to Coco and there wasn't really a breeze outside so I brought her in put her in front of my exhaust and positioned another fan on her and took a hair drier set on cool and did what I said minus the chopstick but I did use latex gloves and separated buds to dry in between. she's still in front of the fans. I'll let her sit for a little while longer then check her out with the loupe. Hopefully no damage, I did just mist until it pooled up and ran off leaves and buds. Well she looks perky and maybe even better than before but I'm going to wait and see what happens with her before doing anymore. My RH in the garden is at 40% right now so I'm not worried about mold. But I'll make sure she gets a space in front of the fan to be sure.

Well once again I ask a question and don't wait for a response. But this time at least, I didn't take the wrong route. I just didn't want to delay and not get it done or wait too late in the day. I figured the same about the shower head even though it has one of those gentle rain settings it might be too much and knock off trich heads. I already bounced the mister application method off you and that didn't throw up any red flags why change up the plan of action when what I'm doing is risky to begin with. Well I managed to get the one with the least amount of bud and canopy outside and drenched the whole thing Cola to Coco and there wasn't really a breeze outside so I brought her in put her in front of my exhaust and positioned another fan on her and took a hair drier set on cool and did what I said minus the chopstick but I did use latex gloves and separated buds to dry in between. she's still in front of the fans. I'll let her sit for a little while longer then check her out with the loupe. Hopefully no damage, I did just mist until it pooled up and ran off leaves and buds. Well she looks perky and maybe even better than before but I'm going to wait and see what happens with her before doing anymore. My RH in the garden is at 40% right now so I'm not worried about mold. But I'll make sure she gets a space in front of the fan to be sure.

Sounds like you have it under control, just keep an eye on that RH. I think your trics should be good since you didn't put them in the shower. Hopefully that will make the taste a little better with out causing any more issues. Good luck!

Bro, you were definitely right about the trichs being alright. They look better than alright they look amazing! I cant find a single missing head and they shine brighter under the LED and they look more upright and alert. In hindsight I sprayed way too much when trying to treat for wpm. But now the bud smell is diminished a tiny bit on that plant but I'm sure its only temporary besides after smelling the washed girl the other Jedi's do have a tiny scent from the treatment and everything on it looks sharper and healthier so maybe the others are due. The plant was completely dried off as far as I can tell now but I'll let her sit in front of the fans for about 15 more minutes to be sure. I have to thank you. You've been extremely helpful and I respect your growing that's why I keep asking you for advice.

All I know spiders cant stand soap due to thier exto skelitor.I drown them with soap.then rinsed no more spiders.I changed my fans to allways on.if it gets bad I'll put them in a tub of soapy water.I have only one plant so it's easy for me.

I dont think bud washing can do any damage.think about outdoor growers.can have a day of torrential rain and produce some of the best buds

Bro, you were definitely right about the trichs being alright. They look better than alright they look amazing! I cant find a single missing head and they shine brighter under the LED and they look more upright and alert. In hindsight I sprayed way too much when trying to treat for wpm. But now the bud smell is diminished a tiny bit on that plant but I'm sure its only temporary besides after smelling the washed girl the other Jedi's do have a tiny scent from the treatment and everything on it looks sharper and healthier so maybe the others are due. The plant was completely dried off as far as I can tell now but I'll let her sit in front of the fans for about 15 more minutes to be sure. I have to thank you. You've been extremely helpful and I respect your growing that's why I keep asking you for advice.

Here to help dakindbuds. I appreciate that.

I just finished rinsing off the second Jedi. Its dry but I'll go back in a few and dry it some more before putting it back in the room. I've let the temps go up to 81f and the RH is currently at a steady 40%. I think it'll be okay. I was also thinking the same thing I've had some of the bombest outdoor buds so a rinse cant hurt as long as I dry them well and keep the RH down. Its weird I've found that if I dim all the lights a little before lights out so the room can cool off before shutting off the lights the RH doesn't spike after lights out so that's a plus. Yeah Notchrob I might have taken on too much for a first grow, one plant would be a cakewalk in comparison but there's no turning back, gotta grow on.

Its weird I've found that if I dim all the lights a little before lights out so the room can cool off before shutting off the lights the RH doesn't spike after lights out so that's a plus.

Makes me want to get a couple dimable ballasts and try that. I have gone through a couple bloom cycles that my humidity would spike to 70% every single night and then go back down to 30-40% during the day. I didn't have any problems with mold on any of those crops. Maybe it has to do with the buds being able to dry out during the day?

I had a problem with the mildew because I didn't have the dehuey till mid-bloom. I'm sure of it. I'm not spraying during bloom in the future its not worth it. I'm just trying to save these girls because its my first grow and I put a lot into this. I cant believe all my bud might be ruined from over spraying, of all things to wreck my grow.

Well checked on my girls and they look happy. The branches I had untied to get the outside and washed I never tied back and they were hanging kind of low yesterday. I decided not to tie them back up because they sway more in the breeze that way and I figured it'll be better to continue to get air in all the creases. Must have been the right choice because they are standing taller than before the spray. I even messed up and put the a/c on the wrong setting last night and RH was at 50% when I opened the door this morning and no sign of WPM whatsoever. Oh and the water I sprayed on them isn't actually RO water its water out of my dehuey which has read at a PH of exactly 7 every time I've tested it. Well got to get back to it I've still got 8 plants to wash and I have to start my flush today I figure if I plan to harvest in two weeks. I wanted to do a 2 week water flush,that sound right to you? I was going to use Final Phase but I'm Finally Broke from this grow.

Back
Top Bottom