Late stage foliar spray

Tedmarx38

Those saying to not flush plants before harvesting won me over. Regarding foliar spray, I’m in the final week and since the nutrients in the spray would be directly on the buds at harvest theoretically if I continued that now, I’m leaning toward putting that aside. Thoughts?

I did a quick search on foliar spray.
It's never good to spray anything on the buds, IMHO.

Here's is generally what I found.

• Don’t Spray the Buds
If possible, don’t foliar spray when your plants are in flower. There are two reasons for this: Whatever you are using to spray (e.g. neem oil) may not be harmful, but it will give your buds an awful taste. What’s more, spraying buds can also lead to mold. So keep the foliar spraying to the “veg” phase. If you absolutely have to spray in flower, try to avoid the buds as much as you can.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Not disagreeing but i have sprayed buds tons. For mildew and for bugs. I had to

Never ever had a mold problem and with a decent bud wash and rinse. All is good. Or good enuf anyway

Karma sent friend

As usual i commented without the full story

I did not realize there was or is a product called. Foliar spray.

I have never used neem oil and i never would

What i have sprayed on buds is these

Iso alc. Yep. Believe it. 50 50 mix of the good stuff

Hydrogen peroxide. 1 to 5 mix i think

And bug stuff. Safers soap. And no the buds dont taste soapy

Oh. And milk and other mild attempts at mildew control

Hi @Tedmarx38 !
Regarding foliar spray, I’m in the final week and since the nutrients in the spray would be directly on the buds at harvest theoretically if I continued that now, I’m leaning toward putting that aside. Thoughts?
If you are in the final week, I'd say it's not very beneficial to foliar spray nutrients. You could, and just not spray the buds, but since it's the last week... doesn't make much sense.

That said, it is beneficial to foliar spray with hydrogen peroxide solution, and on the buds, if you have a mold-prone situation. I have found no down side to doing this. What I use is 12 tbps (6 fl. oz.) of 3% drugstore peroxide in 1/2 gal of distilled water or at least very pure water, liberally applied with a pump sprayer. You can spray the entire plant every day with this, if needed.

Earlier on, during veg and early flowering, you can foliar spray with aerated compost tea, in the proper concentration, to introduce beneficial microbes to the leaf surfaces, as a preventative for mold. There's also something called lactic acid bacillus serum (LAB) that can be cultured and used in a foliar spray, also to prevent mold. A friend of mine has had great success with it. I'm still learning about LAB... haven't tried it yet.

A friend of mine has had great success with it. I'm still learning about LAB... haven't tried it yet.

Hi @Tedmarx38 !

If you are in the final week, I'd say it's not very beneficial to foliar spray nutrients. You could, and just not spray the buds, but since it's the last week... doesn't make much sense.

That said, it is beneficial to foliar spray with hydrogen peroxide solution, and on the buds, if you have a mold-prone situation. I have found no down side to doing this. What I use is 12 tbps (6 fl. oz.) of 3% drugstore peroxide in 1/2 gal of distilled water or at least very pure water, liberally applied with a pump sprayer. You can spray the entire plant every day with this, if needed.

Earlier on, during veg and early flowering, you can foliar spray with aerated compost tea, in the proper concentration, to introduce beneficial microbes to the leaf surfaces, as a preventative for mold. There's also something called lactic acid bacillus serum (LAB) that can be cultured and used in a foliar spray, also to prevent mold. A friend of mine has had great success with it. I'm still learning about LAB... haven't tried it yet.
Makes lots of sense. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom