I think I messed up my cure!

I chopped 2 plants about 1.5 weeks ago. This was my first harvest ever...beautiful plants, I was quite proud. I hung them in a box and checked them daily.

After 4 days, the stems were dried out, but not to the point they would snap. They bent, and then they would "rip" more than snapping.

The buds were starting to crisp on the outside, so I cut the stems out and put them in jars to cure. The weight going into the jars was 6.5 oz. I put a digital hygro in each of them and they have been in for 5 days. The RH inside the jars is only 49%!! It has not come up. I have opened the containers only twice for about 1-2 minutes at a time. And have not opened them for the last 2 days.

From what I have read, once it's below 55% its game over....no cure. Did I ruin 6.5 oz of weed? Such a long run just to get to harvest, with many issues and problems....only to f**k it up in the last stage!

I could not keep the room where I dried, over 27% RH and could not keep the inside of the box over 50%.

Re: I think I F****D up my cure!!!

Relax, just because it may no longer cure doesn't mean all is lost. Throw some Boveda 62% packs in the jars. It won't restart the cure, but may be able to moisten the bud. If all else fails, smoke it.

Thanks Juan,

I figured I would still just have to smoke it. If I will not be able to cure, will it always taste like green leaves? It is a bit disappointing for all of the work I put in, but in the long run it probably does not matter that much as long as it gets us high. I don't sell anything and its all for personal, so no one should ever see my shame :)

Thanks Juan,

I figured I would still just have to smoke it. If I will not be able to cure, will it always taste like green leaves? It is a bit disappointing for all of the work I put in, but in the long run it probably does not matter that much as long as it gets us high. I don't sell anything and its all for personal, so no one should ever see my shame :)

I don't think it will taste green. Only one way to find out though.

Have some mould in some jars, is their life over? Need some help and advice this is only the second time I have cured?

Back
Top Bottom