I Thought Autos Were Supposed To Remain Small?

aphrodisia

Hi everybody on 420. I was searching everywhere for some info on this strain and couldnt find an awful lot on it so I decided to post this up on Growers Lounge.
First of all I am in between grows at the moment as I have been restricted to growing only once a year and since I had these freebies lying around which I had been sent when previously ordering seeds I decided to chuck them in a pot and stick them out the back door on the little terrace we have and see what happens.
I have never grown outside before nor have I grown autos before as I am basically a photoperiod man but I was always under the impression autos were supposed to remain small ? Well these two now stand at roughly the 4 ft. mark from the ground and I have to say I have been very supposed by the growth rate considering the shitty summers we normally have where I am, always cool and overcast with plenty of rain.
The strain is Northern Storm Auto from Marijuana-seeds.nl who I believe are actually based in the UK

This was at roughly week 7 after germination

This was at week 8 after germination

NS Auto week 11 b.jpg

Any information on this strain would be greatly appreciated from anyone who has grown or smoked it. What is the high like ? , how big do they get ?, etc.

It depends on the auto strain...I have 2x right now that are over 4' (Cheese XXL and OG Kush Rolex) whereas others (in the same pot/soil/sunlight) only grew to around 2.5-3' tall. One thing I noticed is they def don't get the bud development in natural light that they do under constant 18/6 indoor lighting. Like you, I grow them as a freebie crop in between photo crops, so the free sunlight trade off is worth it imo. Anyway, yours look healthy and happy!

It depends on the auto strain...I have 2x right now that are over 4' (Cheese XXL and OG Kush Rolex) whereas others (in the same pot/soil/sunlight) only grew to around 2.5-3' tall. One thing I noticed is they def don't get the bud development in natural light that they do under constant 18/6 indoor lighting. Like you, I grow them as a freebie crop in between photo crops, so the free sunlight trade off is with it imo. Anyway, yours look healthy and happy!

Yes they do don't they which surprised me no end, I wasn't actually expecting all that much from them being autos, oh well you live and learn I suppose. Cheers for bthe input.

Yes they do don't they which surprised me no end, I wasn't actually expecting all that much from them being autos, oh well you live and learn I suppose. Cheers for bthe input.
I am allowed 6x flowering plants, so I grow out the autos before my photos hit flower...which makes them very convenient.

This particular strain is a pure indica a cross of northern lights and masterkush with ruderalis.

They're pretty...

Thanks. You cant see from the pics but they are also frosting up nicely. If they were photos growing under lights I would have said they were around week 5 of flowering.

It depends on the auto strain...I have 2x right now that are over 4' (Cheese XXL and OG Kush Rolex) whereas others (in the same pot/soil/sunlight) only grew to around 2.5-3' tall. One thing I noticed is they def don't get the bud development in natural light that they do under constant 18/6 indoor lighting. Like you, I grow them as a freebie crop in between photo crops, so the free sunlight trade off is worth it imo. Anyway, yours look healthy and happy!

Interesting info. Years back when they were working with auto's they were trying to make it a outdoor strain. They all lacked what photo strains had. Maybe bringing them indoor solved it and not genetics.

Those plants look great! I’m pretty new to growing my self, but there seems to be a huge difference in the size autos get to. It depends on the genetics, the last one I grew was a cash crop auto by Cream of the Crop and it was huge compared to others I have grown.
I had a look and couldn’t find any info on that strain by that seed company, but here is a link to some strain info on a strain by the same name: Northern Storm Auto Seeds - Strain Review | Grow-Marijuana.com
Here is a link to some info on something genetically close to what your growing
Auto Northern Light (by Victory Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

Sounds like a good strain, I might get some

Those plants look great! I’m pretty new to growing my self, but there seems to be a huge difference in the size autos get to. It depends on the genetics, the last one I grew was a cash crop auto by Cream of the Crop and it was huge compared to others I have grown.
I had a look and couldn’t find any info on that strain by that seed company, but here is a link to some strain info on a strain by the same name: Northern Storm Auto Seeds - Strain Review | Grow-Marijuana.com
Here is a link to some info on something genetically close to what your growing
Auto Northern Light (by Victory Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

Sounds like a good strain, I might get some

Yeah its the same strain Im growing, northern storm auto, as far as I know you can only get it from marijuana-seeds.nl seems to be their own cross. Not a lot of info on them.
Normally ruderalis is supposed to be an outside strain originating from Russia so must be used to cold weather I guess. They still have a way to go but Im not bothered since they arent costing me anything:)

Yeah its the same strain Im growing, northern lights auto, as far as I know you can only get it from marijuana-seeds.nl seems to be their own cross.
Normally ruderalis is supposed to be an outside strain originating from Russia so must be used to cold weather I guess. They still have a way to go but Im not bothered since they arent costing me anything:)
Cool, well I think you’ll be nicely surprised. Sorry, I just sent you those link because I thought you wanted to know more about the strain

Not all autos stay small grow sum big ones my self just matter the strains
This plant is from a seed i got from new420guy but it was suppose to be a blue widow photo period so i have no idea as to any thing about it the double top colas are natural no topping or trimming has been done, when i realized what a winner it is i fertilized a branch with some male auto-flower pollen a friend sent me and if it works then i will start working to develop and stabilize the strain.i have several other autos growing , o.g. kush, headbanger all are large good producers but not as good as this one--a draw back is it is a long flowering time for an auto it has been flowering for 10 weeks and no amber trichromes yet but it is still packing on bud.

I'm I came across this thread, I just ordered some auto seeds to give a try. I expected to have very small plants, but it's good to know they can get pretty sizable.

Either way, these look great! Thanks for sharing your experience so now I won't get caught off guard!
Cheers

Once they are both dried and trimmed I will put up a final dry weight for them. Should be interesting to see what it is.
Like I said at the beginning of this thread I wasn't really expecting much out of them being autos but they have really surprised me with their vigour and growth considering hehe conditions.
Maybe they will also surprise me with the dried weight.

Back
Top Bottom