Very Slow Growing Auto Flowers? Please Advise!

Seniorweeder

Hey guy's ,, I know it's been a while since I was here,, but I had a rough Fall and Winter and did not grow at all. I just got back in da game and was excited to try this strain as it fits my personality profile perfectly. It's "Euphoria Auto Flower".. supposedly 80% Sativa at 15% THC and about 7% CBD.. Can't wait,, only problem is that are growing soooooo slow.

They are exactly 3 weeks old tomorrow and they are only about 3" tall,, one is healthy looking the other looks slightly deformed. They are in F.F Coco-loco,, under Growstar 600 watt LED's at 28" away. I have been only using distilled water as usual for this stage of growth but since yellowing is showing up I just switched to tap H2O and 2 ml of Cal mag. Temp is avg 75 with about 30/45% RH. I have grown about 8 strains of Auto's now and they are usually fast moving about 2 weeks into grow,, but these have me concerned. Thanks as always for your time and input, nice to be back!

Babies EU 1.JPG

Babies EU 2.JPG

Babies, EU.JPG

Your media looks very dry, That’s coco, it needs to be saturated to 90%, per the Fox Farms website. It should never be allowed to go dry. Get the watering under control, and they may bounce back, but as autos you don’t have much time till they go into flower.

Thanks a lot guys. I have been watering /treating them as I normally do my "Auto's",,, but will try amping up he watering.. But some commented to it being in "Coco",,, but it's Fox Farms coco-loco soil,, not "coir"! Thanks as always!

Hey @Seniorweeder,

I'm an outdoor soil grower, but I'll give you my 2 cents...

I'm an advocate of progressive pot sizes. Well, just 3 pots, really. I start seeds in 2" square nursery pots (and clones in 4" round nursery pots). When sprouts are about 3 inches tall, I transfer to 1 gal pots, burying the stem so about 1 inch is showing above the soil line. Then I let the plants get established (at least a foot tall) before transferring to the final pot size. A lot of people will say not to transplant autos, but as long as you're careful and don't damage the roots, it will be fine.

A 1 gal pot is very easy to water and fertigate. You will be able to easily test the weight of the pot, and know when the plant needs more water. If I had your little plants in 1 gal pots, I would water the whole pot until runoff, then wait before watering again until the pot feels light when lifted.

Hey guy's heres an update,, as always I cherish all your time and input. I followed all advise that was shared,, mainly soaking them very well and beefing up the "Nutes'. I am adding an update for anyone concerned. My "Euphoria Auto's" have taken off finally, however I do realize they are on a tight grow schedule as all "Auto's " are. But I am happy after all my efforts to see them thriving for now.

I included a close up, (as best I could from an old timers flip phone) of the one I said was deformed. I have grown several strains of Auto's in the past and never seen one that appears to have "self topped",,look at the close up you can see where it splits open. I love to do topping but didn't consider it with these slow growers. What are your thoughts in general? The are at 5.5 weeks now and hanging on. Thanks as always for your time and input!

P.S. Sorry to disappoint the one comment on them being "TOAST"....:)

Girls .JPG

Girls 1.JPG

What are your thoughts in general? The are at 5.5 weeks now and hanging on. Thanks as always for your time and input!
Good to see them doing better. Yes, I think the problem was in the watering and nutes.

For comparison sake, I have many photos in 1 gal. pots right now, and many are larger than your autos. One of them – a little clone mom – is flowering and producing some nice buds.

RE: FF Coco Loco...

1678503989755.png

@Bill284, would you convey your coir recommendations to Weeder? :thanks:

happy growing! :ciao:

Good to see them doing better. Yes, I think the problem was in the watering and nutes.

For comparison sake, I have many photos in 1 gal. pots right now, and many are larger than your autos. One of them – a little clone mom – is flowering and producing some nice buds.

RE: FF Coco Loco...

1678503989755.png

@Bill284, would you convey your coir recommendations to Weeder? :thanks:

happy growing! :ciao:
Good morning @cbdhemp808 :ciao: hope everything is going well my friend.
Hey @Seniorweeder great garden my friend, but there's a couple things I see.
Next time you fill your pots talk to me first.
They are only half full and probably done wrong. :Namaste:
I can help there , it's more important than you think.
Now FF Coco Loco again, dam.
It's Coco but has peat and worm castings which screws it up.
Straight Coco next time will work better.
What ph are you feeding at.
Coco is normally 5.8 , are you close to that.
Also Coco is hydrophobic.
If it dries it repels water.
You have to soak the pot then keep it moist constantly.
Do you have extra perlite in there.
Also there is no available nutrients in the pot so Never give plain water.
Always put calmag in your water first.
Then full strength nutrients according to the schedule.
It's an auto? So some people cut their nutrients.
I run full strength regardless but you can decide.
But no more water.
Nutrients every day to run off.
Give the tap root something to chase, you need run off every time you feed.
That also prevents a lock out.
Any questions let me know.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

But no more water.
Take care.

Bill284 😎
hey there bill good info. i"ve never done autos but thinking about it, does the same apply for outdoors inpots with soil? peace & take care

But no more water.
Take care.

Bill284 😎
Thanks sooooo much for your input "Bill"! Awesome to chat with U again! Honestly I have grown for years now with the same F.F soil and loved it because in most cases it had enough built in nute's that I usually only use tap water and Cal-mag for the first few weeks and have had great success. This is the first time I have ever had a lack of water issue,, but I have been filling to run off then let em roll for about 3 days til they lighten , then refill. Thanks for the tip on adding Cal-mag to the water first,, never heard that before. U ROCK!!!!!!!!

Thanks sooooo much for your input "Bill"! Awesome to chat with U again! Honestly I have grown for years now with the same F.F soil and loved it because in most cases it had enough built in nute's that I usually only use tap water and Cal-mag for the first few weeks and have had great success. This is the first time I have ever had a lack of water issue,, but I have been filling to run off then let em roll for about 3 days til they lighten , then refill. Thanks for the tip on adding Cal-mag to the water first,, never heard that before. U ROCK!!!!!!!!
Keep your coco moist with nutrients at all times, they will love it. :thumb:
Hope your having a nice weekend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

hey there bill good info. i"ve never done autos but thinking about it, does the same apply for outdoors inpots with soil? peace & take care

Hey ThirdUncle,

I belive that advice above by Bill was written specifically for coco coir not soil… two entirely different things

main differences are coco is inert and it’s passive hydro…coco gets ph set at 5.8 and does not benefit from plain water at all, coco cannot be allowed to dry out… coco gets nutes fed every day and 2 X per day in flower

but for soil ph should be 6.3 and yes you can use plain water… soil needs that wet dry cycle….

anyway I will shout at Bill for confirmation and to correct any oversights on my part. Hey Mr @Bill284 can you take a peek??

Good morning my friend @ThirdUncle :high-five:
My apologies for missing your question. :Namaste:
@013 :ciao: jumped in thankfully.
Soil is less work than coco usually.
Soil needs to dry in-between watering, so every 3-4 day's or so.
Water/ feed/ water/feed with a good dry period in between.
Coco is fed everyday full strength nutrients to run off at 5.8 ph.
Never any plain water.
Growing coco outside is a lot of work.
But can be rewarding.
Here is a 12' Jher in a 50 gal pot of Coco.
8 pounds of bud.

Screenshot_20230315-054432_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230315-054444_Chrome.jpg

Bill284 😎

Hey ThirdUncle,

I belive that advice above by Bill was written specifically for coco coir not soil… two entirely different things

main differences are coco is inert and it’s passive hydro…coco gets ph set at 5.8 and does not benefit from plain water at all, coco cannot be allowed to dry out… coco gets nutes fed every day and 2 X per day in flower

but for soil ph should be 6.3 and yes you can use plain water… soil needs that wet dry cycle….

anyway I will shout at Bill for confirmation and to correct any oversights on my part. Hey Mr @Bill284 can you take a peek??
Thanks Amigo :high-five: I missed that one.:thumb:
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Do you save and recycle the runoff, or is there just a bit of runoff?
Runoff from coco isn't good to be reused, IMO.
Even inside I dump Runoff.
In a pot that big I had a lot " a lot " of Runoff.
I hooked my hose to a 100 litter tank of nutrients and fed her every day.
Sometimes twice on hot days.
She drank nutrients like a champ, and rewarded me aswell.
There was 15 in the yard that summer, 100's of liters of nutrients.
If your setup for it it's not bad.
But your stuck, all summer. :morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:
No rest.

Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom